"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-31-2012, 07:18 AM   #1871
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
Addie,

The journal is a great idea!

If it is documented you can show a pattern over time and that lends credibility.
Being stalked is terrifying. The journal was used in his court hearing. The judge read only a week of entries. That was all he needed. And I had a couple of months of entries. You become a prisoner in your own home. He was on the porch roof trying to break into my GD's bedroom window. He wanted to kill her so no one else could have her.

I am shaking just trying to type this. All the horrifying memories come flooding back.

Old 01-31-2012, 07:21 AM   #1872
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Aunt Bea, it is not my intention to be confontational. But I think the best thing she can do is let a disinterested person handle this situation. When you think you are being stalked, as the police will tell you, do not approach this person. Stalkers are considered dangerous. His intentions may be harmless. But it is better to be safe than sorry.

I apoligize if I am coming across too strong. But my family has been there. And the stalker was only a kid 17 years old who was smitten with my granddaughter.

I am confused.

I thought I was agreeing with you and your good suggestion about a journal.

Sorry, to bother you!

Old 01-31-2012, 07:28 AM   #1873
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
I am confused.

I thought I was agreeing with you and your good suggestion about a journal.

Sorry, to bother you!
You were. And I thank you for your support. But your original advice was to talk to Robert if she saw him. That is what I was addressing.

The next time you have a chance encounter with Robert I think you should calmly and quietly explain that you have no interest in having any contact.

That is the sentence I was addressing. Sorry for the confusion. and it is never a bother to chat with members of DC. I always enjoy reading what they have to say.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:14 AM   #1874
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I think I'll just print out the document I made the post from and show it to the lady I mentioned. Thanks.

You'll never know how much good it did me to get that written down. I'll feeling much better.

I don't have the exact dates, but these events are all within the last month, so that should be enough.

I too, don't want to have to confront him. Stalkers can be scary people. But..., if I do get the chance I plan to give him what for:

I don't like people dropping by unannounced. Unless you have an invitation from me, don't come here. I don't know him well enough for him to even know where I live. He must respect my privacy. I'll even tell him I'm feeling stalked and that I will report him to management if necessary.

My neighbor got a couple of pieces of my mind. He'll never do that again! He's all po'd at me but I couldn't care less.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:01 PM   #1875
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
I think I'll just print out the document I made the post from and show it to the lady I mentioned. Thanks.

You'll never know how much good it did me to get that written down. I'll feeling much better.

I don't have the exact dates, but these events are all within the last month, so that should be enough.

I too, don't want to have to confront him. Stalkers can be scary people. But..., if I do get the chance I plan to give him what for:

I don't like people dropping by unannounced. Unless you have an invitation from me, don't come here. I don't know him well enough for him to even know where I live. He must respect my privacy. I'll even tell him I'm feeling stalked and that I will report him to management if necessary.

My neighbor got a couple of pieces of my mind. He'll never do that again! He's all po'd at me but I couldn't care less.
My best advice would be to stay away from Robert. You never know what he will do if you confront him. Men do not handle rejection very well. And some can't handle it at all. My GD had never even dated her stalker. She only knew him as a casual friend. And yet he was planning to kill her.

If after you talk to management and he still continues, then you know you have a bigger problem. If your neighbor told him what you said, you just might have two people po'd at you. But it is the second one I would be concerned with at present. You know your neighbor somewhat, but not Robert. Just be on your guard. And continue to not open your door to him or acknowledge him in any manner. And KEEP A JOURNAL if his behavior continues. Keep us informed. And good luck.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:20 PM   #1876
Chef Extraordinaire

So have all our Fla. members planned on voting?

The residents of the building I live in are very fortunate. Our polling place is right downstairs in our Community Room. We don't have to brave any nasty weather or go outside at all. It has been there for the past three years. And at every election, primary or general, we have had 100% participation from our building. Even those who are wheelchair bound and have to have someone bring them downstairs.

Our elected officials and those who are running for office for the first time, know that the biggest block of voters in this city are elderly and newly sworn in citizens. And they cater to us. We have parties thrown for us to get our vote. And we do vote every election. It is our duty.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:29 PM   #1877
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Aw Zhizara, that really sucks. (((hugs))) The other ladies have given you some good advice. I'll send some good vibes in your direction for a happy resolution.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:45 PM   #1878
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Thanks for the support Addie, Aunt Bea and TaxLady. It's hopefully, probably nothing, but I'll be prepared anyway. I've been wanting to vent about it, but had been a little rattled. I feel much better now.

Old 01-31-2012, 05:07 PM   #1879
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
Thanks for the support Addie, Aunt Bea and TaxLady. It's hopefully, probably nothing, but I'll be prepared anyway. I've been wanting to vent about it, but had been a little rattled. I feel much better now.
It has to be a relief to know that we think you are right and it's not all in your head. That's most of the stress, trying to figure out of you are imagining things or not. Be careful!
Old 02-02-2012, 09:57 AM   #1880
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Follow up:

I spoke to the lady in the office just now, and she told me not to worry about it: They will take care of it.

I'm still shaking from having to repeat everything, but I'll be okay once I calm down.

Thanks so very much for the emotional support.