"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-23-2010, 06:57 PM   #191
Head Chef

I am "Hot enough to *&^%!!!
I put my Stuffed Ham Sandwich plus a pound of it in the refrigerator at work today. When I went to eat my lunch, someone had opened my sandwich and didn't even bother to wrap it back up!!! I am real picky about that so I did not eat it and am getting rid of the extra pound I had bought. WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE??? Boy did I go off. It will be a miracle if I don't get fired for all the &#^%^ words I was using before I get laid off next Tuesday. I am sure the whole third floor could hear me. Some asked if I had my name on the bag???WTF Why? so who ever would know who's lunch they were violating???? I drilled into my son's head while he was growing up "if it is not yours, DON'T TOUCH IT!!". And this is susposed to be a professional organization........:stillshakingmyhead:

Old 11-23-2010, 07:03 PM   #192
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PattY1 View Post
I am "Hot enough to *&^%!!!
I put my Stuffed Ham Sandwich plus a pound of it in the refrigerator at work today. When I went to eat my lunch, someone had opened my sandwich and didn't even bother to wrap it back up!!! I am real picky about that so I did not eat it and am getting rid of the extra pound I had bought. WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE??? Boy did I go off. It will be a miracle if I don't get fired for all the &#^%^ words I was using before I get laid off next Tuesday. I am sure the whole third floor could hear me. Some asked if I had my name on the bag???WTF Why? so who ever would know who's lunch they were violating???? I drilled into my son's head while he was growing up "if it is not yours, DON'T TOUCH IT!!". And this is susposed to be a professional organization........:stillshakingmyhead:
I agree with you completely. James won't bring anything to school and put it in the refrigerator because people take things. There is even a commercial on TV where a man takes a woman's frozen meal, cooks it, and eats it. She is mad that he took it, but the commercial makes it sound like you should expect others to take your food because it is so good. Nothing in the commercial even hints at the fact that it is stealing.

Barbara

Old 11-23-2010, 07:06 PM   #193
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
I agree with you completely. James won't bring anything to school and put it in the refrigerator because people take things. There is even a commercial on TV where a man takes a woman's frozen meal, cooks it, and eats it. She is mad that he took it, but the commercial makes it sound like you should expect others to take your food because it is so good. Nothing in the commercial even hints at the fact that it is stealing.

Barbara
They didn't steal it. Just opened it and who knows what else. At least it was left (wrapped in foil) open to warn me that it was messed with.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:08 PM   #194
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PattY1 View Post
They steal it. Just opened it and who knows what else. At least it was left (wrapped in foil) open to warn me that it was messed with.
Yeah that's weird, and gross.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:52 PM   #195
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:

Barbara
this is one for the books. when i was in the re-hab place my son brought me a huge sub. sandwich from my favorite italian place. it was so big that i ate it for two nights. had saved a piece of it for my last night there. it was in the staff fridge. had my name on it and someone took it. just about par for the course at that place. stealing is stealing.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:55 PM   #196
Executive Chef

I would make a huge beautiful sandwhich with wholesome bread, fresh green leaf lettuce and canned dog food. Plant that in the fridge and let the thief have a big ol' bite of that!
Old 11-23-2010, 09:04 PM   #197
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:

Barbara
I'm noticing several commercials like that. It is disturbing to know kids are seeing them. The one with the lady moving the divider on the grocery conveyor is just as bad- it encourages sneakiness and disrespect for others and their things. I just don't understand how anyone could let this get this far. You can protect your kids from shows you don't want them watching, but commercials are everywhere.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:30 PM   #198
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I guess this is a vent. I just received my wireless mouse. It works pretty good - mostly. It does have a tendency to wander or occasionally do the jitterbug. Mostly, when I go to point at something, it goes where I want it, but it's a bit unnerving at times.

I hope that if I can break my habit of following my reading with the pointer, it will settle down. I really need it. Because of the bad back, I have to use my laptop in my lap and the mouse on the arm of the recliner. Not having that cord crossing the computer is so much nicer, and when I move the computer to my desk, I can just leave the mouse where it is or put it on the table next to my right hand.

Like I said, not much of a vent, but it still feels good to express aggravations too.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:02 PM   #199
Chef Extraordinaire

i am having a hard time tonight not being angry with some people in my family. mostly about the dinner on thurs. at my granddaughter. first they are coming , then they aren't or they don't know how many in their family are coming with them. if it is making me crazy think of how my granddaughter is feeling. one just couldn't come at the announced time tomorrow at my other granddaughter's house. so everything has been moved an hour to suit them. agrrrrrrrrrrr.
Old 11-24-2010, 05:18 AM   #200
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
i am having a hard time tonight not being angry with some people in my family. mostly about the dinner on thurs. at my granddaughter. first they are coming , then they aren't or they don't know how many in their family are coming with them. if it is making me crazy think of how my granddaughter is feeling. one just couldn't come at the announced time tomorrow at my other granddaughter's house. so everything has been moved an hour to suit them. agrrrrrrrrrrr.
I love my son dearly, but I've pretty much stopped relying on his word. We can't make plans with him because they are always changed multiple times, or never confirmed, or he will be late. I've told him that from now on, we are planning things and he is always invited and we want him to be there, sbut we're going ahead and it is up to him to make it. If not, maybe next time. He understands. He is a busy guy and so are we.