"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-16-2012, 12:57 PM   #2011
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
If I can get down to my ideal weight I can start shopping for my jeans in the boys department again...

The old boys club?

Old 03-16-2012, 02:57 PM   #2012
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
LOL! I am very short, look like a fireplug...
I am that fireplug. Just ask Depends!

Old 03-17-2012, 06:10 PM   #2013
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
On Wednesday, I picked up my new, used car: 2005 Volvo S60, turbo, all wheel drive. It's a beautiful car. It's lovely to drive.

Today I went to see a client. Then, on the way to see another client, the car stopped in traffic - on a major street (Boulevard René-Lévesque) in downtown Montréal. It wouldn't start again. The oil light (I think it was the oil light, it was a picture of an oil can with a drop) was on. I phoned CAA (same as AAA, but Canadian) and had it towed to the garage where I bought it. I am not a happy camper.

It started for the CAA guy, but I don't dare drive it until it has been checked. Waaaa, I want my new car.
Old 03-17-2012, 06:21 PM   #2014
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Oh, I would be fuming, too! Sorry, Taxlady!
Old 03-17-2012, 07:37 PM   #2015
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
On Wednesday, I picked up my new, used car: 2005 Volvo S60, turbo, all wheel drive. It's a beautiful car. It's lovely to drive.

Today I went to see a client. Then, on the way to see another client, the car stopped in traffic - on a major street (Boulevard René-Lévesque) in downtown Montréal. It wouldn't start again. The oil light (I think it was the oil light, it was a picture of an oil can with a drop) was on. I phoned CAA (same as AAA, but Canadian) and had it towed to the garage where I bought it. I am not a happy camper.

It started for the CAA guy, but I don't dare drive it until it has been checked. Waaaa, I want my new car.
I believe that's called a revoltin' development. Good luck!
Old 03-17-2012, 10:07 PM   #2016
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post

My old one did that a couple of times. It was an oxygen sensor in that prevented oxygen from getting into the fuel mixture and the car stopped. It usually would start up again if it sat for a half hour or so. It seems like the garage should fix it, if you just bought the car. Good luck!
Old 03-17-2012, 10:40 PM   #2017
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
My old one did that a couple of times. It was an oxygen sensor in that prevented oxygen from getting into the fuel mixture and the car stopped. It usually would start up again if it sat for a half hour or so. It seems like the garage should fix it, if you just bought the car. Good luck!
Thanks. They really should fix it. It has a 30 day 1,700 km warranty.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:33 PM   #2018
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orryette View Post
Haha I'm 5'10, I used to be a dancer and I will always say that all the muscle I have is why I weigh more then most people my height. Sounds convincing too me! :)
Orry, you are right, in my opinion. Muscle weighs more than fat. I'm 5'9", and my sisters and i are very muscular. No one ever believes it when any of us admit to our weight. I only weigh in a couple of times a year (don't own a scale), and last month a woman was standing behind me when I stepped on the scale at the fitness center. I know almost everyone there, but she was new. She jokingly said, 99 lbs. I joked, put a 1 in front of that. She thought I was joking. I moved the weight over and she just about pooped a clay square. Yeah, I do weigh that. She was astonished.

I'm not saying I'm not overweight, I could stand to lose 30 lbs, easily. BUT, yes muscles do weigh more.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:49 PM   #2019
Chef Extraordinaire

Muscle weighs more than fat, it's a known fact. When I weighed 130 lbs and there was a lots of muscle, I was thinner than at 115 lbs and not very muscular.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:13 AM   #2020
Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire
Orry, you are right, in my opinion. Muscle weighs more than fat. I'm 5'9", and my sisters and i are very muscular. No one ever believes it when any of us admit to our weight. I only weigh in a couple of times a year (don't own a scale), and last month a woman was standing behind me when I stepped on the scale at the fitness center. I know almost everyone there, but she was new. She jokingly said, 99 lbs. I joked, put a 1 in front of that. She thought I was joking. I moved the weight over and she just about pooped a clay square. Yeah, I do weigh that. She was astonished.

I'm not saying I'm not overweight, I could stand to lose 30 lbs, easily. BUT, yes muscles do weigh more.
Yay! Here I was thinking it was just me, i used to be really fit from all the dancing no fat any where ... Sniff :( ,sorry just remembering the good old days lol and yea weighed 70kg and all my mates being like 50-60 kg. I always thought I was, well, An ogre.

But I had a moment the other day at work, i was bored and was going through old photos on FB of myself and seeing a photo from only 13months ago. That was my reality check. From here in out my life will be lettuce recipes 101! So no more joking around I'm doing it, losing weight that is. I think, well I'm very motivated now anyway! Lol
I need that photo of myself to look at constantly to keep me going, geez that sounds conceited!
But it true I get all depressed/ motivated and ill be good for a week but that's it. I'm gonna stick to it this time.... Really