"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-28-2012, 10:59 AM   #2111
Sous Chef

Thanks to both of you

Old 03-29-2012, 11:19 PM   #2112
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
This is minor, but it really annoyed me.

I live in a condo. We have underground parking. The garage door opens with a remote. Some stupid woman in an SUV was on the driveway down to the garage and couldn't get the door open. This happens. But, she backed out and then blocked the entrance for me. Eventually she decided to let me by. Then, she promptly crowded in behind me. The garage door wouldn't open for me. I asked Stirling to get out of the car and try from closer. He tried a number of times, but the door wouldn't open.

Now the stupid woman wouldn't let me back up off the driveway onto the street. Grrr. Eventually she did and got the one parking space across the street. I had to park almost a block away. I tried the remote as we walked by, and now it worked.

It's too friggin' nippy outside for me to walk that block and get the car tonight. I'll go get it tomorrow.

Old 03-30-2012, 07:01 AM   #2113
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlot View Post
Thanks to both of you
Merlot, your dad is now a member of the exclusive "Zipper Club." As a long standing member, I would like to extend a happy welcome and wishes for Good Health from here on in.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:04 AM   #2114
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
This is minor, but it really annoyed me.

I live in a condo. We have underground parking. The garage door opens with a remote. Some stupid woman in an SUV was on the driveway down to the garage and couldn't get the door open. This happens. But, she backed out and then blocked the entrance for me. Eventually she decided to let me by. Then, she promptly crowded in behind me. The garage door wouldn't open for me. I asked Stirling to get out of the car and try from closer. He tried a number of times, but the door wouldn't open.

Now the stupid woman wouldn't let me back up off the driveway onto the street. Grrr. Eventually she did and got the one parking space across the street. I had to park almost a block away. I tried the remote as we walked by, and now it worked.

It's too friggin' nippy outside for me to walk that block and get the car tonight. I'll go get it tomorrow.
I worked for an overhead door company for a long time. Sometimes the cold will affect your motor or remote. Not an uncommon happening. If only your remote had worked as a zapper on your neighbor. Scottie, beam me up!
Old 03-30-2012, 11:13 AM   #2115
Sous Chef

Does venting actually work for some people? It just makes me think more about the things that frustrate me, and doesnt make me any less angry about those things.
Mel! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:24 AM   #2116
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel! View Post
Does venting actually work for some people? It just makes me think more about the things that frustrate me, and doesnt make me any less angry about those things.
I think it is just a purging process. You need to let it out of your mouth, or fingers to prevent it from going around and around in your head. Then, after you get a bit of sympathy from whoever, you might feel a bit better.

Like this one. I think I will invite my mechanic over for Easter dinner. With the two cars I own, I have been spending more time with him in the last few months than I have been with my own family.
Now, you tell me how you can relate, because you just went through the same thing a while ago, we both agree that it sucks, I pay him for the new starter and we move on to something else that pisses us off. Isn't this fun?
Old 03-30-2012, 11:42 AM   #2117
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocklobster View Post
I think it is just a purging process. You need to let it out of your mouth, or fingers to prevent it from going around and around in your head. Then, after you get a bit of sympathy from whoever, you might feel a bit better.

Like this one. I think I will invite my mechanic over for Easter dinner. With the two cars I own, I have been spending more time with him in the last few months than I have been with my own family.
Now, you tell me how you can relate, because you just went through the same thing a while ago, we both agree that it sucks, I pay him for the new starter and we move on to something else that pisses us off. Isn't this fun?
egzackilackily
Old 03-30-2012, 03:40 PM   #2118
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
It really works for me. When something really irks me, I feel so much better as soon as I post it. Like the word, venting, it helps you to blow off steam. It does also help to get a little sympathy, and sometimes a solution to a bothersome problem.

For instance: I was having so many problems with Internet Explorer updating and making unwanted changes. Several members told me to switch to Firefox. I did, and couldn't be happier with the great features.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:49 PM   #2119
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
I think it is more than just "getting it out." I think we all have a desire to know that someone, anyone, is listening. We can rant and rave here about our problems (large and small) and someone is usually here to offer the proverbial shoulder to cry on and offer some advice, or even just to say, "I'm sorry you're going through that."
Old 03-30-2012, 08:41 PM   #2120
Chef Extraordinaire

venting helps me. today i cut out fabric to cover a chair cushion. forgot to allow for the depth of the cushion. really had a tough time getting it on. now will have to make a gusset for the back in order to cover it. i know better, i have made dozens of pillow covers. makes me feel stupid . but there , i feel better. see venting does help.