"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 11-29-2010, 05:49 PM   #211
Honey Badger
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocklobster View Post
I think I may lose my job. The couple who owns the place is going to get divorced and he is trying to force her in to bankrupcy. He is a @*##@!. It is running well and making a buck. You wouldn't believe the drama every day. Oh well, I have over 25 years experience in this trade and will be working soon enough. It sucks, because I like this job.
Where one door closes a better one opens up. Good luck I hope it all works out.

Munky.
__________________

__________________
If your with me that's great. If not. Get out of my way.
Chef Munky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 06:01 PM   #212
Traveling Welcome Wagon
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Somewhere, US
Posts: 15,919
Rocklobster, I hope all goes well with your job situation.

Barbara
__________________

__________________
Barbara L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 06:35 PM   #213
Head Chef
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
Where one door closes a better one opens up. Good luck I hope it all works out.

Munky.

I certainly hope so. I am laid off as of tomorrow myself.
__________________
PattY1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 06:44 PM   #214
Certified Cake Maniac
 
LPBeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great "Wet" North, Surrey, BC
Posts: 18,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by PattY1 View Post
I certainly hope so. I am laid off as of tomorrow myself.
I am so sorry to hear that, Patty. I send you hugs and prayers that you will find something else soon.
__________________
Living gluten/dairy/sugar/fat/caffiene-free and loving it!


http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 06:46 PM   #215
Honey Badger
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by PattY1 View Post
I certainly hope so. I am laid off as of tomorrow myself.
Sorry to hear that.. Hopefully it will just be a mini vacation for you.
Good luck.
__________________
If your with me that's great. If not. Get out of my way.
Chef Munky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 06:57 PM   #216
Head Chef
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,344
Thanks, I knew it was coming. I just have not found another job yet. I am kinda hoping for a mini vacation. Much needed after working at that place for over 5 years!!! I just hope I can get by on unemployment.

I stocked: the freezer with meat and veggies and Butter. Also canned and dried beans. Rice and Pasta. Cooking oils. Canned veggies and broth. (some I had to store under my bed hehehe) Flours and Sugars.
__________________
PattY1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:23 PM   #217
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: USA,Florida
Posts: 3,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
I hope my morally disgusting in laws just rot in a fiery pit of lava!

My husband found out last night that his dad passed away. In 2008.

Nobody bothered to contact him about it. I feel very bad for him, and know how it feels. I wasn't contacted by anyone when my dad died, until 9 months after the fact. No were weren't and hadn't been in contact with any of them for many years. But seriously I would have thought one of the ghoul sisters would have had some kind of morals. Do the right thing!

I'm just livid!
Perhaps they thought you were not interested if you haven't spoken in years. I don't think I'd be so upset if that was the case. I don't see being told about a death would matter if the family wasn't in contact for years.
__________________
Be an organ donor; give your heart to Jesus.
Exercise daily; walk with the Lord.
licia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:54 PM   #218
Honey Badger
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,286
It matters when it all comes down to doing the right thing. They chose not to tell him. They denied him the chance of saying good bye to his dad. It's not that hard of a thing to do to pick up a phone and at least inform him dad's sick. He's a grown man now not a child and can make up his own mind.

What they did was inexcusable.
__________________
If your with me that's great. If not. Get out of my way.
Chef Munky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 08:17 PM   #219
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
I hope my morally disgusting in laws just rot in a fiery pit of lava!

My husband found out last night that his dad passed away. In 2008.

Nobody bothered to contact him about it. I feel very bad for him, and know how it feels. I wasn't contacted by anyone when my dad died, until 9 months after the fact. No were weren't and hadn't been in contact with any of them for many years. But seriously I would have thought one of the ghoul sisters would have had some kind of morals. Do the right thing!

I'm just livid!
Oh Munky! I am so sorry and sorry for DH's hurt. What his sisters did is not right! Hugs for you both!

PF
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 08:19 PM   #220
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocklobster View Post
I think I may lose my job. The couple who owns the place is going to get divorced and he is trying to force her in to bankrupcy. He is a @*##@!. It is running well and making a buck. You wouldn't believe the drama every day. Oh well, I have over 25 years experience in this trade and will be working soon enough. It sucks, because I like this job.
Yes, that really sucks! Sorry! Hope something opens up for you soon!
__________________

__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.