"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-21-2012, 07:59 PM   #2201
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
The client with the cat pee on their papers was very nice about it and didn't seem at all upset. phew.

Old 04-22-2012, 08:02 AM   #2202
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady
I know, I'm weird. I like doing income tax. Well, I like doing other people's income tax.

I don't know what possessed me to take H&R Block's income tax course, back in 1984, but I did and was surprised to find out how much I liked it and that I was good at it.
Eh, we're all weird in some way. Lots of people hate working on computers and find it tedious but I love it. And I knew lots of nurse aides that loved their job, even though it's one of the toughest, grossest jobs out their.

Also, I'm glad things worked out with the clients whose papers were peed on.

Old 04-22-2012, 12:43 PM   #2203
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple.alien.giraffe View Post
Eh, we're all weird in some way. Lots of people hate working on computers and find it tedious but I love it. And I knew lots of nurse aides that loved their job, even though it's one of the toughest, grossest jobs out their.

Also, I'm glad things worked out with the clients whose papers were peed on.
And you know at least one nurse aide(if not more) that decided to become a nurse.

I love what I'm doing now, complete assessments of the total person, writing their care plans and then putting all the check marks in the appropriate places for payment. In essence I am the top nurse in their care, but I only see them once. I do know each and everyone of them.
Old 04-22-2012, 04:52 PM   #2204
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I know, I'm weird. I like doing income tax. Well, I like doing other people's income tax.

I don't know what possessed me to take H&R Block's income tax course, back in 1984, but I did and was surprised to find out how much I liked it and that I was good at it.
In another life I worked on individual tax returns and enjoyed it very much. I was amazed how some people with very good incomes lived in misery and how people with small incomes lived very well. That glimpse into the lives of others helped me to organize my own financial life. Today it is just too complicated for me so I put the papers in an envelope and send them to the tax guy in Joisey! This man has done my taxes for almost twenty years and I have never seen him.
Old 04-22-2012, 06:32 PM   #2205
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
In another life I worked on individual tax returns and enjoyed it very much. I was amazed how some people with very good incomes lived in misery and how people with small incomes lived very well. That glimpse into the lives of others helped me to organize my own financial life. Today it is just too complicated for me so I put the papers in an envelope and send them to the tax guy in Joisey! This man has done my taxes for almost twenty years and I have never seen him.
I don't mind doing my own income tax, but with trying to figure out federal and state rules for dealing with Social Security, I finally gave up. H&R Block will now be doing my taxes from now on. I was fine as long as it was just addition and subtraction...the percentages were making me work too hard.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:02 PM   #2206
Chef Extraordinaire

Well gang,
I suppose this should go in happy venting, but what led up to it has me having panic attacks at night!!!Monday when I went to dialysis I met with one of the women who does the needles!!! She proceded to numb me up I'm a chicken then called over another nurse before long the head nurse came over told her to leave the lowe needle remove the top one and use my perm cath ARGHHHHHH this ticked me off good. I didn't say anything then when the head said stop again I don't want you to ruin her arm I about went into shock. I was so darn angry I couldnt believe it. What are they going to do when they remove the permcath. Let me die? The men have no problem hooking me up the women what's with them? But today I got wnother woman!!! Well guy's she did a wonderful job. I was so happy. Think I'll sleep tonight? I hope so. Thanks for listening.
kades
Old 04-25-2012, 07:20 PM   #2207
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I don't mind doing my own income tax, but with trying to figure out federal and state rules for dealing with Social Security, I finally gave up. H&R Block will now be doing my taxes from now on. I was fine as long as it was just addition and subtraction...the percentages were making me work too hard.
I was going to have them do mine, because I screw things up so easily, but I didn't want to pay their fee. It's ridiculous!
Old 04-25-2012, 07:51 PM   #2208
Chef Extraordinaire

My neighbor upstairs maried a woman who had three children from her first marriage. They then had three of their own. He went to H&R Block for a number of years. They swore that he could not claim her children even though he was their only support. Hubby #1 paid not a cent. Town drunk. I got so sick of seeing them get screwed. So I showed him te instruction book stating just who he could claim and not claim. He filed papers with IRS to regain all the refund money that he had lost over the years that H&RB did his taxes. H&RB paid a hefty fine and IRS made them pay the money to my neighbor for the lost tax refund.

I worked for the State Tax Department. Our deductions follow the federal deduction laws pretty closely. The State also went after H&RB for the State refund money that my neighbor was out of over the years. That office was eventually closed down. After a close examination, the IRS found a lot of other people who were ill advised.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:01 PM   #2209
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
My neighbor upstairs maried a woman who had three children from her first marriage. They then had three of their own. He went to H&R Block for a number of years. They swore that he could not claim her children even though he was their only support. Hubby #1 paid not a cent. Town drunk. I got so sick of seeing them get screwed. So I showed him te instruction book stating just who he could claim and not claim. He filed papers with IRS to regain all the refund money that he had lost over the years that H&RB did his taxes. H&RB paid a hefty fine and IRS made them pay the money to my neighbor for the lost tax refund.

I worked for the State Tax Department. Our deductions follow the federal deduction laws pretty closely. The State also went after H&RB for the State refund money that my neighbor was out of over the years. That office was eventually closed down. After a close examination, the IRS found a lot of other people who were ill advised.
I worked for H&R Block for eight years. I was a supervisor and I taught the basic course, an advanced course, and the computer course. I also worked in quality assurance one season. That was an eye opener. I had always wondered how some of the people who worked there could make such good commissions. I found out when I saw the tax returns they did. They weren't out and out wrong, but boy did they miss deductions.

That's why I work for myself. I have higher standards. But, with H&R Block you get the luck of the draw. You might get one of the tax preparers who actually like preparing tax returns and does a great job.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:50 PM   #2210
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
Well gang,
I suppose this should go in happy venting, but what led up to it has me having panic attacks at night!!!Monday when I went to dialysis I met with one of the women who does the needles!!! She proceded to numb me up I'm a chicken then called over another nurse before long the head nurse came over told her to leave the lowe needle remove the top one and use my perm cath ARGHHHHHH this ticked me off good. I didn't say anything then when the head said stop again I don't want you to ruin her arm I about went into shock. I was so darn angry I couldnt believe it. What are they going to do when they remove the permcath. Let me die? The men have no problem hooking me up the women what's with them? But today I got wnother woman!!! Well guy's she did a wonderful job. I was so happy. Think I'll sleep tonight? I hope so. Thanks for listening.
kades
What are they doing working in Dialysis if they can't get you hooked up?
I've never worked it and I am not interested, but I would absolutely not work a unit I didn't feel comfortable in. So sorry this happened, Ma! Sometimes my fellow nurses embarrass me.