"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-08-2012, 01:14 AM   #2281
Executive Chef

So far a sore throat and minor body aches. No fever. No congestion.

Old 05-08-2012, 07:44 AM   #2282
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple.alien.giraffe View Post
So far a sore throat and minor body aches. No fever. No congestion.

I'll add honey-lemon tea to the mix to help coat your throat! I hope you feel better! Hugs!

Old 05-08-2012, 11:36 AM   #2283
Chef Extraordinaire

I contacted Le Crueset Canada a couple of weeks ago to inquire about getting my DO replaced (the interior has pitted). I responded to the last email with the information about how I cared for it (followed manufacturer's instructions for nearly 30 years). I have many other pieces, they are fine. I have not heard anything back, so I have to do the follow up. The first I email I received back indicated I did not need the receipt, even if received as a gift, the lifetime warranty was good. Anyone else had any issues getting a pan replaced?
Old 05-10-2012, 09:36 PM   #2284
Sous Chef

I just thought I'd update. After playing phone tag for a couple days, I finally spoke to someone from the hospital today. She said they have a meeting next wednesday and they will determine there whether just the nurse in question should be educated or whether they need to do something more widespread. She also assured me that the nurse wouldn't get in any trouble, they would just be sure she knew the proper information so it doesn't happen again. I am very satisfied.
Always try to bring a spare set of clothing when you dream about going to work or school. That way, if you encounter someone having that dream where they show up in their underwear, you'll be their hero.
Sprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:43 PM   #2285
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprout View Post
I just thought I'd update. After playing phone tag for a couple days, I finally spoke to someone from the hospital today. She said they have a meeting next wednesday and they will determine there whether just the nurse in question should be educated or whether they need to do something more widespread. She also assured me that the nurse wouldn't get in any trouble, they would just be sure she knew the proper information so it doesn't happen again. I am very satisfied.

Yay, Sprout! Thank you so much! You are a hero for standing up and speaking out!
Old 05-11-2012, 01:18 AM   #2286
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprout
Cool. I'm glad that all worked out.
Old 05-11-2012, 01:42 AM   #2287
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprout
I'm glad to hear you were concerned about the nurse as well as the patients she could possibly misinform. I often choose not to do surveys or give feedback unless I have something nice to say because I'm so concerned about someone losing their job rather than receiving training. In this case though, I think something needed to be said. Good job!
Old 05-11-2012, 08:25 AM   #2288
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittle68 View Post
I'm glad to hear you were concerned about the nurse as well as the patients she could possibly misinform. I often choose not to do surveys or give feedback unless I have something nice to say because I'm so concerned about someone losing their job rather than receiving training. In this case though, I think something needed to be said. Good job!
Survey's...How can they fix it if they don't know it's broke? Employers need that notice so they can make sure their employees are not driving business away or providing misinformation. It's your right as a consumer to be treated nicely, fairly and with respect.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:48 AM   #2289
Sous Chef

Thanks for the encouragement, ladies.

I may have used up my vet for the week, but I have another one now. By Sunday night we were all sick with what the baby had and by the Tuesday the girls had pink-eye. By Wednesday DH and I were doing a lot better and the girls seemed to be as well. By yesterday DH and I both felt fit as a fiddle and the girls seemed mostly better. I still decided to take it easy during the day, but felt ok about not cancelling about the friends who were coming over to dinner. We were all feeling better and the girls had been on antibiotics for their eyes for over 24 hours (btw, ever try to put eye drops in a toddler's eyes?). Everything was going well until halfway through dinner I was hit like a ton of bricks with a headache and sore throat, 2 things that were not part of our previous illness. By an hour later I had a fever. The guests left fairly quickly after I started feeling sick. I was all ready to turn in early and then the toddler stayed awake until 10 and the baby fell asleep 15 minutes before bed time, but then woke at 8 and was wide awake until 11:30. I finally fell asleep some time before midnight. The baby woke 3 times during the night (the usual) and then woke for the day at 7:15. Try as I may, I could not get her back to sleep. I stuck her in the play pen with a couple toys next to my bed and was just drifting off when the toddler woke. I couldn't get her back to sleep in her own bed, but I was feeling a bit desperate so I brought her into bed with me. She was just falling asleep when the baby decided that if big sister was out of bed, she was done with the playpen. Of course once the baby was out, the toddler was wide awake too. I thought kids this age needed 11-12 hours of sleep?! Why are my kids wide awake after 7 1/2 & 9??? On today of all days?? I feel awful and I want to crawl into a hole and hide. Oh yeah, and they're both suddenly coughing again today. I could call DH and ask him to come home early, but he's out of personal days. They restart next week. Perfect timing. To add insult to injury, tonight was supposed to be our date night for our anniversary, which was last night, but DH had to work early this morning so we planned it for tonight. It would have been out fourth date in the past 15 months. I'm irritated.
Always try to bring a spare set of clothing when you dream about going to work or school. That way, if you encounter someone having that dream where they show up in their underwear, you'll be their hero.
Sprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:07 AM   #2290
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
(((hugs Sprout))) Bummer!

I'm sending good vibes in your direction and healing ones too.