"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-17-2012, 10:26 PM   #2321
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittle68 View Post
Thank you so much- I'm sure she'll give them a run for their money. She had knee replacement surgery ten years ago so she knows the drill.
You are very welcome. Just remember, you may feel alone, but we are always right here or someone is. Now get some sleep, no fretting into the night. Hugs!

Old 05-17-2012, 10:38 PM   #2322
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60

You are very welcome. Just remember, you may feel alone, but we are always right here or someone is. Now get some sleep, no fretting into the night. Hugs!
Thanks again for making me feel better. I'm glad you are all here, and my cat is keeping me company too. He is such a good boy. He knows when he's needed.

Old 05-17-2012, 11:16 PM   #2323
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I'm sending healing vibes in your granny's direction.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:30 AM   #2324
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Thanks again for making me feel better. I'm glad you are all here, and my cat is keeping me company too. He is such a good boy. He knows when he's needed.
Our pets just seem to know. They don't have to say a word.

There are days when I don't feel good, and when Teddy Bear comes, instead on jumping up on my bed for his back scratch, he lays down on the floor next to me. Just like your cat, he knows. Pets bring us a lot of comfort.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:44 AM   #2325
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie

Our pets just seem to know. They don't have to say a word.

There are days when I don't feel good, and when Teddy Bear comes, instead on jumping up on my bed for his back scratch, he lays down on the floor next to me. Just like your cat, he knows. Pets bring us a lot of comfort.
They can definitely sense your mood. I've had Golly since the day he was born 9 years ago. His mom was a stray I rescued. She had that "You are the most amazing person in the world" attitude that a lot of rescues have, which rubbed off on Golly. He follows me around the house like a puppy. Unfortunately his mom's kidneys failed a couple years ago so I don't have her anymore.

I talked to my grandma this morning- she says it's hell getting old, and she wishes she could have some coffee, but she's pretty optimistic. That's my grandma :) she laid in the driveway for 40 minutes before she could get her phone out of her pocket. Of course she had to be laying on top of the damn thing. I'm surprised none of the cars driving by noticed a little old lady laying there. Cars drive by on her road every 5 minutes or so- probably more often at that time of day. Hm.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:40 PM   #2326
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Wouldn't put it past my grandma to skateboard to the mail box ;) She's really upbeat and positive about it, but I wouldn't be surprised if she is just trying to keep us from worrying so much
I'm sure she is trying to ease your mind. That's what Ma's do I'll be thinking of her and have her in my thoughts and prayers.If at all possible call for a few minutes each day that you can. I know she loves you dearly and will be thrilled to hear your voice.
kades
Old 05-18-2012, 02:46 PM   #2327
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
last night my granddaughter left the back door open. both my cats are gone. we searched for three hours last.night had sightings but could not catch. i had hopes of them coming back this am for food and water. so far, no show. and no sightings at all this am. i can't stumble around and look or i will fall and get hurt. i love those cats so much. i have tried to be kind with the granddaughter, she certainly didn't do it on purpose. just not thinking and she has searched her little heart.out. but i want my babies back , we did poster, humane society, and endless searching. i know the little buggers are hiding somewhere. but they need to come on home now.
Any sign of those kitties yet? I'm still sending "go home" vibes.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:55 PM   #2328
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma
I'm sure she is trying to ease your mind. That's what Ma's do I'll be thinking of her and have her in my thoughts and prayers.If at all possible call for a few minutes each day that you can. I know she loves you dearly and will be thrilled to hear your voice.
kades
Thanks everyone. She had her surgery and is awake and doing ok. I talked to her for about ten minutes this morning, but I can't go visit because of course now I am coming down with the flu. I'm glad I started having flu symptoms before going to see her though. That's the last thing she needs.

I really appreciate all your thoughts, prayers, and support. My grandma means so much to me and it's so hard when things like this happen because I know it means we are just that much closer to losing her. I will be devastated when that happens.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:56 PM   #2329
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady
Any sign of those kitties yet? I'm still sending "go home" vibes.
Me too- was hoping we would have seen a happy update by now :/
Old 05-18-2012, 05:27 PM   #2330
Chef Extraordinaire

thomas just appeared at the door, last night. in the night my granddaughter heard charlie under the house. she crawled under and hauled out charlie. i had given up yesterday afternoon. so relieved and very happy.