"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-18-2012, 05:30 PM   #2331
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo
thomas just appeared at the door, last night. in the night my granddaughter heard charlie under the house. she crawled under and hauled out charlie. i had given up yesterday afternoon. so relieved and very happy.
YAY!!! Oh, Babe, that's wonderful news!

Old 05-18-2012, 05:36 PM   #2332
Chef Extraordinaire

Babe that is wonderful news. So happy for you.
kades

Old 05-18-2012, 06:47 PM   #2333
Chef Extraordinaire

Babe and Skittles, I love a happy ending!

A couple of months ago, I got a survey from CMS. They are the ones that overlook how Medicare is doing. It got tossed out by mistake before I could fill it out. Well, this week I get a letter with another survey that starts with;

Dear Mrs. Addie, We recently sent you a survey and have not received your response yet. We are enclosing another, blah, blah. We are told that these surveys are anonymous. So how do they know I didn't send it back. There is a window on the back of the survey with a control number in it. Now I am debating on whether to send it back or not. I have filled it out. But it is sitting here waiting a decision. This particular survey is for patients under the care of complete care facilities like ESP. It determines what ESP can do to improve the care we receive with recommendations from Medicare based upon the answers they receive from the survey. It is the "anonymous" violation that is my hangup. I feel like I am being lied to.

Do I send it in or not?
Old 05-18-2012, 07:09 PM   #2334
Everymom

Send it in Addie. Your anonymity is protected from people who could impact your care but the folks doing the survey are usually a different organization who report back to your caregiver. No feedback means no improvements.

Babetoo, YAY!!! I am so glad your furries are home safe. Skittle...glad your mom is doing well.

My petty little vent is - Why do I have two huge, painful, throbbing underground zits right between my eyebrows? Really? I will say again that I think it is patently unfair to have zits and wrinkles at the same time. Mother Nature, please choose one and remove the other, thank you.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:24 PM   #2335
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Yes, Addie, send it in!
Old 05-18-2012, 08:38 PM   #2336
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
thomas just appeared at the door, last night. in the night my granddaughter heard charlie under the house. she crawled under and hauled out charlie. i had given up yesterday afternoon. so relieved and very happy.
Oh, Babe, that is WONDERFUL!!! This is the closest I could find to a Happy Dance emoticon.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:11 PM   #2337
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
Silly boys! So glad they finally made it home.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:16 PM   #2338
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Yes, send in the survey. Like Alix said, it's anonymous to your cargiving company, CMS can't fix what it doesn't know is broken.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:15 PM   #2339
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
Send it in Addie. Your anonymity is protected from people who could impact your care but the folks doing the survey are usually a different organization who report back to your caregiver. No feedback means no improvements.

Babetoo, YAY!!! I am so glad your furries are home safe. Skittle...glad your mom is doing well.

My petty little vent is - Why do I have two huge, painful, throbbing underground zits right between my eyebrows? Really? I will say again that I think it is patently unfair to have zits and wrinkles at the same time. Mother Nature, please choose one and remove the other, thank you.
I will tell you the same thing I have told all my kids and grandkids over the years and it works. Take a clean facecloth, run it under hot water as hot as you can stand it and put it on the zits. The heat will draw them to a head so that they will break ON THEIR OWN sooner. I promise you in less than six hours they will be gone and you will have no scars as long as you don't try to break them yourself.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:23 PM   #2340
Everymom

Thanks Addie. These suckers aren't budging for ANYTHING. I've done the hot facecloth thing and all kinds of other things too. My grump is that I have zits at all at my age! Sheesh!