"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-21-2012, 05:04 PM   #2361
Chef Extraordinaire

Well, I decided to do nothing. I am watching Smokey and the Bandit. I need a good laugh and this will do it for me. If I do nothing, then nothing can bother me. I will start again tomorrow.

Old 05-23-2012, 02:08 PM   #2362
Master Chef

SIL went to the doctor because she had pain and a swelling on her ankle. He said that she had a spider bite and gave her some sort of pill. This did not solve the problem so she went back and this time he told her she had gout and gave her a diet to follow. She did this for a while and it did not help. When she went back for the third time he took an x-ray and found out that all this time she had a fracture in the ankle. Unbelievable.

Old 05-23-2012, 02:35 PM   #2363
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnn L. View Post
SIL went to the doctor because she had pain and a swelling on her ankle. He said that she had a spider bite and gave her some sort of pill. This did not solve the problem so she went back and this time he told her she had gout and gave her a diet to follow. She did this for a while and it did not help. When she went back for the third time he took an x-ray and found out that all this time she had a fracture in the ankle. Unbelievable.

I hope he refunded her for the first two visits.
Old 05-23-2012, 03:53 PM   #2364
Senior Cook

I hope she sued!
Old 05-23-2012, 07:07 PM   #2365
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Where is this doctor located? I want to be sure to stay far away from there.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:18 PM   #2366
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnn L.
Unbelievable indeed.

Can you spell Medical Malpractice?
Old 05-23-2012, 10:28 PM   #2367
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Where is this doctor located? I want to be sure to stay far away from there.
My SIL lives in Colorado. Believe me she will not be going back to him ever again.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:18 AM   #2368
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
My SIL lives in Colorado. Believe me she will not be going back to him ever again.
I'm too close, moving to Alaska...
Old 05-24-2012, 12:30 AM   #2369
Chef Extraordinaire

Give me his address. I have been labeled Non-Compliant and can drive a doctor crazy asking questions. I also look on the web for my own answers and then confront the doctor with my knowledge. Dotors who think they are God don't like that. So if your SIL doesn't want to file suit, then I can get even for her. By the time I am through with him, he will quit the medical field or go down to the bowels of the basement in the morgue and perform autopsies.
Old 05-24-2012, 05:56 AM   #2370
Master Chef

By the way, gout cannot be totally ruled out. It's a regular test that measures protein levels. My husband actually did really damage his foot, a sprain, and that disguised the gout thing. We tried all the dietary stuff with no results and he went on alopurinal (I may have misspelled that). This doctor sounds terrible, but there are times when one problem can disguise itself in other problems. Gout is actually a relative, a form of, arthritis. As a friend of mine said, "well, if this is rich man's disease, when the **** is the money coming in?"