"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-01-2010, 01:32 AM   #231
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I'm sitting here watching this all unfold, all of the valid reasons for calling and not calling family members when there is a death in the family. I have been within the storm with family members when these things happen. I've taken the phone call from the son who doesn't speak to his sister~~ This son had visited his Mother last on Mother's Day, she died two weeks later and it was Mother's Day again...I had to tell him his Mother died a year ago. Imagine the grief and anger I had to deal with at the time.

That being said, there is absolutely no reason on this earth, that illness and/or death of a parent can not be reported by the family members involved to those who are apart or in bad graces. This is a wound that will never heal. However, it could heal if there is some communication. I'm not saying there has to be a long drawn out conversation, a simple, "Mom died an hour ago." is all the information that needs to be passed. Denying a person their right to comfort an ill parent or grieve their death is not acceptable.

Old 12-01-2010, 09:15 AM   #232
Everymom

Amen Princess Fiona. And lets also remember what this venting thread is for. We don't have to agree with everyone, but lets allow everyone to vent freely. I don't think I'd be feeling any better for venting if I were in Munky's shoes. We can't understand everyone, so just accept, say "that sucks" or nothing at all and move on. Let's keep DC safe for everyone.

Old 12-01-2010, 09:52 AM   #233
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
Amen Princess Fiona. And lets also remember what this venting thread is for. We don't have to agree with everyone, but lets allow everyone to vent freely. I don't think I'd be feeling any better for venting if I were in Munky's shoes. We can't understand everyone, so just accept, say "that sucks" or nothing at all and move on. Let's keep DC safe for everyone.
Well put. The thing I love about this thread is the fact that when I'm p.o.ed about something I can let it all out here and that feels so good.

What feels even better is that someone always comes back with at the least some sympathy or like when I was so frustrated with IE8, you came back with the solution (thanks again) that ended my frustration.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 03:24 PM   #234
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
Amen.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:46 PM   #235
Chef Extraordinaire

I hate proposals - Part 3,217

Once again, at the end of the work day, I am waiting on a proposal to edit that I should have had first thing Monday morning. I am crazy busy with another sucky editing job (about 100 pages longer than promised) that I have to have done by Friday.

If this one goes like the others from the same source, it will not only be very late but also MUCH longer than expected. GRRRRRRRRR
Old 12-01-2010, 04:41 PM   #236
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
Amen.
You are right. I shouldn't have judged. My apologies.
Roch
Old 12-01-2010, 04:44 PM   #237
Master Chef

I'm ready to shoot my business landlord as I just found out this morning that the new pizzeria next door to us has been paying 30% less in rent for an identical 1,200 sq/ft space. I am pissed as hell. I found this out as I've been negotiating with the landlord for a rent reduction due to lack of business and for the fact that I felt our recent rent increases have been out of line when our last lease expired. I've been flushing money down the toilet the last 5 years of the 15 years or so I've been at this location. This ticks me off like there's no tomorrow.
Old 12-03-2010, 12:56 PM   #238
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I'm really ticked off with my boss. She has been neglecting work and responsibility. Now she is in a tizzy and is having a hard time getting anything done because of this.

BTW, I'm self-employed.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:27 PM   #239
Certified Cake Maniac

Thanks Fiona and Alix. What you said is so true. We can not put ourselves in another person's shoes and say we would do it differently. Munky, I have been and will continue to keep you, your DH AND his family in my thoughts and prayers.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 02:47 PM   #240
Chef Extraordinaire

has anyone noticed the good venting thread died a natural death? wonder what that says about us, as people.