"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-01-2012, 10:19 AM   #2391
Master Chef

I get upset by these things also but, I try not to take it out on the Customer Service Representatives, they are just as frustrated as we are. They work for low wages with cookie cutter scripts that do not accurately address many concerns. We are in a world where the incentive to do a good job has been removed from the system. We are becoming like those poor chickens in the egg factories, instead of cages we have padded cubicles. I am glad that all of that is behind me!

Old 06-01-2012, 11:12 AM   #2392
Executive Chef

yes, please take our frustrations to management, not the customer service reps for problems arising from foreign language issues.

Old 06-01-2012, 01:27 PM   #2393
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I nearly lost it when I asked for a rep who could speak English understandably and the rep just insisted that his English was perfect.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:54 PM   #2394
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
I understand the frustration and having been on the "receiving" end of the customer service issue, I can get frustrated beyond measure when it appears I'm dealing with either an incompetent or foreign person...or both.

I spent many hours, speaking American English to customers, as they berated me, shouted at me and called me names. I didn't work from any sort of a script because I knew inside out and backwards the product my company provided, so I could speak intelligently about nearly any given problem.

I tried not to let the abusive remarks get to me, telling myself that I was the first person the angry customer came in contact with and they were venting as much as they were frustrated/disgusted with whatever they were inquiring about.

But...management/corporate is really who should be alerted about communication issues with their customer service personnel. The customer service people are the ones who put a "face" on the company and have the power to color the public's view of the entire organization.

Sitting in a penthouse office with views of a city's skyline don't fly with me while the grunts are out in the trenches.
Old 06-01-2012, 04:43 PM   #2395
Chef Extraordinaire

A lot of the companies here use services in other countries. The system is set up re: auto dial and goes over VoIP. This means there is a delay before you hear a voice after you answer your phone. I got NINE of those calls yesterday. I finally--yelled "if you're not going to say anything, stop calling me!" I sent all the rest of the calls for the day to voice mail. I was busy painting, etc., in the back of the house and had to run to the phone since I haven't moved any of the other phones and the one I moved isn't cordless (hard to believe s/one still has one of those--but I like having a wired line incase the power goes out). I was so annoyed. I did *69 and tracked the #, but it is an outgoing # only, so I couldn't call anyone to complain. I have "telemarketing" blocked, but obviously, this is a random dialer thing and because these services are based off shore, the companies have found a loophole in the "do not call" law.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:33 PM   #2396
Master Chef

I just don't understand these people, especially at a workplace, with their constant loud and annoying ringtones. Can't they just tone them down a bit?
These people for the most part have no etiquette when it comes to cell phones. They will never be seated at my dining table.
How do you approach or suggest to them about these things? At least I can place a box of mints for someone with bad breath, for instance, without being up front and blunt.
Old 06-04-2012, 02:16 PM   #2397
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Stirling just got a letter from Capital One, which runs the HBC (Hudson's Bay Company) Master card. They wanted him to update some info. So, he called. They told him that I needed to talk with them, because I am the primary card holder.

Then, they wanted so much personal info about me that I said I would call back, using the number on a credit card statement. Got it all done and they didn't need to talk to Stirling. They should have just sent the letter to me in the first place.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:08 PM   #2398
Chef Extraordinaire

I can understand how frustrated it can be dealing with some of these people. I have to have more surgery done plus a perm cath removed in the morning. Both the hospital and the doctors office have called to get all kinds of info and a list of my meds..Right ? Now were all done right? heck no tomorrow the doctors office will bounce me around asking the same darn questions then the hospital will do the same several different times. Till I'm ready to KILL!!!! Why do they insist on this? beats me Once should do it I'd think.my dh falls in line and feels they in their right asking these questions over and over and over. Me I just get Then he and I end up fighting over teir being the way they are. Hopefully this will be the end of all of them for a while..Please GOD!!!
kades
Old 06-05-2012, 02:44 AM   #2399
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
I can understand how frustrated it can be dealing with some of these people. I have to have more surgery done plus a perm cath removed in the morning. Both the hospital and the doctors office have called to get all kinds of info and a list of my meds..Right ? Now were all done right? heck no tomorrow the doctors office will bounce me around asking the same darn questions then the hospital will do the same several different times. Till I'm ready to KILL!!!! Why do they insist on this? beats me Once should do it I'd think.my dh falls in line and feels they in their right asking these questions over and over and over. Me I just get Then he and I end up fighting over teir being the way they are. Hopefully this will be the end of all of them for a while..Please GOD!!!
kades
Fortunately all my information is in their computer. When they start to ask me all these questions, I tell them to look at my record. I get rather blunt and ask them if they have even taken the time to look at my record. I also have a list that Winthrop gives me every time I have an appointment. So I just hand it to them and tell them to compare it to what is in the computer. I make them earn their paycheck. Here I am, in their office not feeling good and they are asking me foolish questions that they can just look up. And I can't even pronounce half of the names. Hang in there Kades, and make them earn their paycheck. It is just laziness on their part. All your meds are in their computer. Make them look them up.
Old 06-05-2012, 02:48 AM   #2400
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadfix View Post
I just don't understand these people, especially at a workplace, with their constant loud and annoying ringtones. Can't they just tone them down a bit?
These people for the most part have no etiquette when it comes to cell phones. They will never be seated at my dining table.
How do you approach or suggest to them about these things? At least I can place a box of mints for someone with bad breath, for instance, without being up front and blunt.
Rude people do not deserve politeness. Tell them point blank to turn their cell phone on vibration. Just tell them that loud ring tones are not allowed in your workplace. Not even by customers.