"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-19-2012, 02:03 PM   #2411
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadfix View Post
I hate loud noises. In general, seems like the older I get noise bothers me more.
I'm at my shop today and every 15 minutes there's a vehicle with sirens blaring.
I need to move outa here to a less populous area. I need peace and quiet, even when I'm working.
Can't say that I blame you. One of the benefits of living in elderly housing is the quiet. Everyone except me goes to bed at 9 p.m.

Old 06-19-2012, 02:16 PM   #2412
Chef Extraordinaire

I absolutely hate dealing with my local telephone carrier. I put in an order to cancel the line at the farm (my US cell phone works from there). The order was for the line to be disconnected as of Thursday with a message telling the person to call my city #. Well, what do you think the company did? Disconnect my line in the city as of today! I was not very polite to the person I called to fix that.

Old 06-19-2012, 11:21 PM   #2413
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Stupid doctor we were forced to use when Shrek got to the facility (his was on vacation) is making my life miserable. I just keep reminding myself it's only temporary, but dealing with the Village Idiot is making me crazy.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:19 AM   #2414
Certified Cake Maniac

I'm laying here on the bed very angry at the world right now (the world outside DC that is!). My leg (the one with the replacement) has swollen to about triple its size and I can barely walk on it with my cane. When I go to get up I can not put weight on it (bent) and while it is sore all the time it gets worse at certain angles.

On my left side I am still having the flank pain I was having when I did or did not have kidney stones/kidney infection/bladder infection. It is steady and worse than ever.

My leg doctor told me that the scar tissue may cause problems with the plastic plate again and if I have troubles before my normal visit in August I should come and see him. So I decide to start here, but his normally friendly receptionist is matter of fact and says she can't get me in until mid August and will set the appointment but I need to go to my family doctor and get another referral. I try to say the doctor wanted to see me and she said basically "get in line".

Now my family doctor doesn't want to deal with my side pain because she believes we have tried everything and there aren't any more tests to do.

I am not making these pains up. Quite the opposite. I am tired of pain and illness. I am tired of doctors and tests. I have a chance to get on with my life and the minute I try to stuff happens.

I had to cancel my cake decorating lessons with the youth today (I think they are giving up on me) and going to see some young women I have watched grow up and an older one I have only recently met but have seen blossom get baptized in the ocean tonight. The thing is if I go ahead and do things I get worse and have to rest even more. But if I don't do anything I get more frustrated.

Thanks for letting me get that out. I am a little better. But still in pain.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 01:16 AM   #2415
Sous Chef

LP - how long has it been since your surgery? My dad had knee replacement last July, was fine through August (was up & back driving sometimes ), then spiked a fever with swelling in the knee Sept. 6. He had resistant staph. Spent 4 months in hospital /rehab. If you can't get doctor's attention, go to the ER.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:12 AM   #2416
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
I'm laying here on the bed very angry at the world right now (the world outside DC that is!). My leg (the one with the replacement) has swollen to about triple its size and I can barely walk on it with my cane. When I go to get up I can not put weight on it (bent) and while it is sore all the time it gets worse at certain angles.

On my left side I am still having the flank pain I was having when I did or did not have kidney stones/kidney infection/bladder infection. It is steady and worse than ever.

My leg doctor told me that the scar tissue may cause problems with the plastic plate again and if I have troubles before my normal visit in August I should come and see him. So I decide to start here, but his normally friendly receptionist is matter of fact and says she can't get me in until mid August and will set the appointment but I need to go to my family doctor and get another referral. I try to say the doctor wanted to see me and she said basically "get in line".

Now my family doctor doesn't want to deal with my side pain because she believes we have tried everything and there aren't any more tests to do.

I am not making these pains up. Quite the opposite. I am tired of pain and illness. I am tired of doctors and tests. I have a chance to get on with my life and the minute I try to stuff happens.

I had to cancel my cake decorating lessons with the youth today (I think they are giving up on me) and going to see some young women I have watched grow up and an older one I have only recently met but have seen blossom get baptized in the ocean tonight. The thing is if I go ahead and do things I get worse and have to rest even more. But if I don't do anything I get more frustrated.

Thanks for letting me get that out. I am a little better. But still in pain.
Oh, LP - that just stinks. Wish there were more to offer you than sincere wishes for a better day today - but get ready to receive a big bucketful of them.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:21 AM   #2417
Chef Extraordinaire

LP--you know that the amount of swelling is not normal. Go to the ER. Do not pass go, go directly to the ER. And, wish there was more that I could do other than send you big hugs!
Old 06-21-2012, 08:22 AM   #2418
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

LP, time for the ER!

Good thoughts and wishes going your way. Love ya!
Old 06-21-2012, 12:12 PM   #2419
Certified Cake Maniac

Thank you everyone. It is nice to go somewhere where there are people willing to listen (and care enough to tell it like it is). I love you all.

I know I need to go to the ER or my doctor tomorrow. But I am so sick of doctors! I am tired of going to the hospital or even the doctor, having a barrage of tests and them saying "there isn't anything wrong". I have been living with this knee for a long time (my original surgery was 4 years ago this August with a second one on the same knee a month later), dating back to a ski accident when I was 15. The side pain I have been dealing with forever as well. But I have also been dealing with stress issues and I am just really tired right now of sitting in an ER for 8 hours to be told go home and take a couple of Tylenol Extra strengths for pain that morphine (which I hate) didn't help. I don't want pain relief I want answers!

Now that tyraide was NOT directed to any of you who gave me that advice. It is just how I am feeling right now. I feel all the love and hugs coming my way from you and it makes me at least want to try to get help.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:57 PM   #2420
Chef Extraordinaire

Oh--LP, here's a little secret: instead of going to one of the ERs in Surrey, make a little drive to a community that has a hospital outside of the Surrey area. That's what we do, we don't go to an ER in Ottawa, no, we go to one in Kemptville or Winchester. Wait times are usually 20-30 minutes, and the doctors aren't rushed.