"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-23-2012, 02:58 PM   #2451
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittle68 View Post
Sonography. It seems like it would be a good fit for me because you need good people skills, it's interesting and you need to use your brain, and you don't have to deal with blood or needles lol. I'm thinking if I don't get in the first try I will go into x-ray instead, and try again the next year.
Very good choice. Good luck!

Old 06-23-2012, 03:00 PM   #2452
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Excellent! Hope you get in!

Old 06-23-2012, 03:09 PM   #2453
Sous Chef

Thanks!! It took me 8 years of putzing around after high school to decide to go back, but not everyone can be grown up at 18 lol. Plus now I don't have to report my parents income for financial aid (which is nice, since they never helped me with anything like that anyway), and I was told by the councelor there are some grants available for people who have been out of school for 7 years. Definitely will have to look into that. Hopefully I won't have to take the ACT's again or anything because it would be nice to use my old score of 31 (out of a total 34)
Old 06-23-2012, 04:56 PM   #2454
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
The downstairs toilet won't flush, because the tank won't fill. The flapper is old and wrinkly. I bought a new flapper, but that hasn't fixed the problem. I bought a case of beer. Stirling was too tired to bring the case in from the car and up the stairs, so I grabbed four of them. I dropped one in the hallway to my basement door. I mopped it up. I picked up and swept glass. I washed the beer spot to get rid of the beer smell. I stepped on glass. I had two teensy, tiny, little pieces of glass in my foot and it was a bugger to get them out. Heck, it was hard to find them. I have air conditioning, but it isn't really keeping up with the heat. It's definitely hotter outside, but it's not wonderfully comfortable inside.

Okay, enough crabbing for now. I feel better.
The downstairs toilet is working.

I must not have installed the flapper right. I pressed it down a few times and now it holds the water in the tank until I flush. What a relief. I hate plumbing.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:11 PM   #2455
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Sigh. No good deed goes unpunished.

Called Mom today following our Mpls vacay last week. She's home now. We could only stay till Tuesday, Mom was at Baby Bro's till Saturday.

Got an earful about how we abandoned her, went off on our own to Costco without her, we didn't stay long enough at Baby Bro's, didn't get to the house early enough, left her with the DIL who ignored her, etc. etc.

I did not remind her of having to clean up the bathroom after she got sick. She slept through the first couple of days. I did not remind her of the wheelchairs I got for her, only to have her cancel them, then we had to reorder them. I booked her the wrong seats on the plane. Picked her up when she slid on the stairs at Baby Bro's. Played Step'n'Fetchit when she wanted her milk, toast, Coke, bought and lit her cigs for her, which weren't the right kind, BTW.

Her blasting really caught me off-guard. All I could say was, "Sorry you feel that way.". Reminds me of Festevus, and her airing all of her grievances. I may get her a pole.

Shriek!!!! Screammmm!!!

Hokay, I feel better now.
Old 06-24-2012, 06:49 PM   #2456
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Sigh. No good deed goes unpunished.

Called Mom today following our Mpls vacay last week. She's home now. We could only stay till Tuesday, Mom was at Baby Bro's till Saturday.

Got an earful about how we abandoned her, went off on our own to Costco without her, we didn't stay long enough at Baby Bro's, didn't get to the house early enough, left her with the DIL who ignored her, etc. etc.

I did not remind her of having to clean up the bathroom after she got sick. She slept through the first couple of days. I did not remind her of the wheelchairs I got for her, only to have her cancel them, then we had to reorder them. I booked her the wrong seats on the plane. Picked her up when she slid on the stairs at Baby Bro's. Played Step'n'Fetchit when she wanted her milk, toast, Coke, bought and lit her cigs for her, which weren't the right kind, BTW.

Her blasting really caught me off-guard. All I could say was, "Sorry you feel that way.". Reminds me of Festevus, and her airing all of her grievances. I may get her a pole.

Shriek!!!! Screammmm!!!

Hokay, I feel better now.
I'm so glad my parents are reasonable and my MIL was the same, reasonable. I got lucky!
Old 06-24-2012, 06:53 PM   #2457
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60

I'm so glad my parents are reasonable and my MIL was the same, reasonable. I got lucky!
I will have to hear the story of the normal parents sometime, PF.
Old 06-24-2012, 07:01 PM   #2458
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
I will have to hear the story of the normal parents sometime, PF.
I didn't say normal...reasonable is the word I used... Mom is just like me only 17 years older, Dad is 18 years older and he's just like me, but is really smart in math.
Old 06-24-2012, 07:10 PM   #2459
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60

I didn't say normal...reasonable is the word I used... Mom is just like me only 17 years older, Dad is 18 years older and he's just like me, but is really smart in math.
So you all grew up together!
Old 06-24-2012, 07:11 PM   #2460
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
So you all grew up together!
Yup! I was the prototype...