"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-26-2012, 02:11 PM   #2501
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
"If the only tool in your toolbox is a hammer, you treat everything like a nail."
Somebody on TV also said his hammer was a "percussive persuader."

Old 06-29-2012, 05:47 AM   #2502
Chef Extraordinaire

I am off to have two ultra sounds done today. One on my neck to check the blockage on both sides, and one on my tummy to make sure there is no blockage that has been causing my eating problem.

I HATE ulta sounds. Each one takes at least an hour laying on that most uncomfortable table. And he has to press really hard to get a reading. So when I get home, I will be in a foul mood. So please don't stop by for a visit. I will bite your head off. When I get over my I will stop by your place.

What sadistic idiot dreams up these tests? I have no valid reason to cancel today''s appointment.

Old 06-29-2012, 08:25 AM   #2503
Chef Extraordinaire

Addie, hope the ultrasounds results show what is going on

They sound uncomfortable, hopefully all over for you now
Old 06-30-2012, 09:38 PM   #2504
Head Chef

Sorry that this will sound petty to some of you but...Michigan has just changed it's law as regards fireworks. With the 4th approaching there is a fireworks tent on every corner. For days now the explosions have been non-stop. I don't have a problem with being patriotic... I served my country. But I am sick of these slobs who think that making as much noise and pollution as they possibly can is somehow patriotic. If you ask me it's just an excuse to infringe on the peace and quiet of one's neighbors. Now I enjoy a professional fireworks show as much as the next "guy". But I can't help but wonder how many kids will get their hands blown off playing with the explosives that their parents purchase to "celebrate."
Old 06-30-2012, 09:50 PM   #2505
Chef Extraordinaire

I can totally understand what you are saying Joe...it sounds like they are just getting out of hand and abusing the rights to being allowed to use fireworks!
Old 06-30-2012, 09:50 PM   #2506
Master Chef

Joesfolk, I'm with you. My husband, my father, and I are all veterans and don't get the civilian thing of blowing up crap in their yards. Of course, when you're military, the artillery, the MPs, the firemen, etc, go all out to produced a great fireworks display, often with live military bands, and canon fire (you haven't heard the 1812 overture until you've seen and heard this). So blowing off your fingers and starting fires is ludicrous and certainly not patriotic.
Old 06-30-2012, 10:09 PM   #2507
Master Chef

i'm venting as i'm missing the 'works show (a professional show.) another day for that. the stadiums let them flow when we win a game, & the regatta continues through this weekend.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:28 AM   #2508
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I've gone and done something to my right arm. I don't know what. It started in my wrist at supper. It felt like a repetitive stress injury, like I got from too much stapling. I had to get Stirling to open two jars for me. One of them had already been opened.

It has now spread all the way up to my elbow. It doesn't hurt when I type and I don't use a mouse - I use a touch pad. But, I can't even turn on a faucet with my right hand. If it isn't better by tomorrow, I will go to a nearby clinic. I would rather go see my own doctor, but that's 25 km away. I don't think I can drive and I certainly can't hang on to a pole on the bus and metro.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:57 AM   #2509
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I've gone and done something to my right arm. I don't know what. It started in my wrist at supper. It felt like a repetitive stress injury, like I got from too much stapling. I had to get Stirling to open two jars for me. One of them had already been opened.

It has now spread all the way up to my elbow. It doesn't hurt when I type and I don't use a mouse - I use a touch pad. But, I can't even turn on a faucet with my right hand. If it isn't better by tomorrow, I will go to a nearby clinic. I would rather go see my own doctor, but that's 25 km away. I don't think I can drive and I certainly can't hang on to a pole on the bus and metro.
I have computer arm from sitting here for a week playing. I'll be resting it once I get back to work tomorrow.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:38 PM   #2510
Chef Extraordinaire

I just got a call from my vascular doctor. The neck arteries are the same. No change. But the two arteries leading from my stomach are severely clogged. So I agreed and she is going to set up for me to go back in and have them opened with stents if necessary. Not the first time I have been through this. But it means another overnight stay in the hospital. Dang!! It never turns out for just overnight. I always have to stay longer for a blood transfusion. Usually two pints.

She knows how restless I get waiting to go to the cath lab. So she always schedules me as the first patient of the day. Oh joy! Another stay with the folks that just love to experment on me.