"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-04-2012, 09:44 PM   #2531
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I went to the doctor because of a very sore wrist/lower arm. Lots of things I couldn't do with that hand. The doctor gave me a 'script for Voltaren, which is helping.

My vent is the danged child proof bottle the pills are in. It's so hard to open with a sore hand, that I put it, open, inside of a larger glass jar with a screw top.

I wish I had noticed while I was still at the pharmacy. Kind of ironic that the pills to make my sore hand better are in a pill bottle that makes the sore hand worse.

I have much more sympathy for folks with arthritis now.

I don't know how it is in Canada, but here I can sign a waiver assuring there are no children in my household that would have access and they will put a regular cap on my meds for me. It's listed in with my prescriptions. And I save the ones that are larger to put OTC items in that have childproof caps.

Old 07-04-2012, 10:05 PM   #2532
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I don't know how it is in Canada, but here I can sign a waiver assuring there are no children in my household that would have access and they will put a regular cap on my meds for me. It's listed in with my prescriptions. And I save the ones that are larger to put OTC items in that have childproof caps.
I'm pretty I can get one that isn't childproof, but I have to ask for it. That's why I said I wished I had looked at the bottle at the pharmacy. I tried to find an old bottle, but I couldn't so I came up with putting the open bottle in a jar. That way I still have a label for the pills.

Old 07-04-2012, 10:07 PM   #2533
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
I went to the doctor because of a very sore wrist/lower arm. Lots of things I couldn't do with that hand. The doctor gave me a 'script for Voltaren, which is helping.

My vent is the danged child proof bottle the pills are in. It's so hard to open with a sore hand, that I put it, open, inside of a larger glass jar with a screw top.

I wish I had noticed while I was still at the pharmacy. Kind of ironic that the pills to make my sore hand better are in a pill bottle that makes the sore hand worse.

I have much more sympathy for folks with arthritis now.
Next time ask for a cap that is not child proof. And tell them to mark your file as such. Then all future scripts will have an easy to remove cap.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:23 PM   #2534
Executive Chef

The central air was doing just fine. Keeping the appartment nice and cool. And then the hubby decides that if he messes with the settings he should be able to save us on our electric bill and still keep the house cool. Did he read the manual? No. Did he check to see if there was a way to clear it back to previous/default settings? No. He just "played" with it. I mean, it's a thermostat. How complicated can it be, right? So now it's eighty degrees in the house (and climbing), even though the thermostat is set to 72, and he has no idea what the previous settings were because he "didn't pay attention". Which is why I get the ice pack and he doesn't.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:26 PM   #2535
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
That's really sad.

I grew up in Los Angeles County. Total ban on fireworks for ordinary people. There were great fireworks displays put on by the fire department in all the parks. We didn't miss being able to do our own.
Evidently, our neighbors across the street didn't get the message about it being illegal to have private fireworks. They have been shooting them off for the past three hours. And some of them are REALLY loud. This is a building for the elderly. Most of the folks in this building are asleep by nine. But I doubt it will happen tonight. I don't want to be the one to call the police. I am up for the next few hours. And from the sound of what they are shooting off, it is the kind that will get them arrested. That is the last thing I want. But then I keep thinking of Pelham, NH. I feel like I am damned if I do and damned if I don't.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:32 PM   #2536
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple.alien.giraffe View Post
The central air was doing just fine. Keeping the appartment nice and cool. And then the hubby decides that if he messes with the settings he should be able to save us on our electric bill and still keep the house cool. Did he read the manual? No. Did he check to see if there was a way to clear it back to previous/default settings? No. He just "played" with it. I mean, it's a thermostat. How complicated can it be, right? So now it's eighty degrees in the house (and climbing), even though the thermostat is set to 72, and he has no idea what the previous settings were because he "didn't pay attention". Which is why I get the ice pack and he doesn't.
Is there a way for you to set everything back to null and reset? Should be a setting for min temp and max temp. The thermostat will keep it there. He may have also set it to fan instead of cool.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:40 PM   #2537
Chef Extraordinaire

The latest news report tonight of the Pelham, NH fireworks explosion was that the two babies that were airlifted to the Shriner's Boston Burn Center are not doing very well. They are both critical. My heart is breaking. Two adults are still hospitalized. One is the parent of one of the babies. She was holding it in her lap.

The news report also said that the people in the neighborhood are not talking about the explosion. Most folks get excited about being interviewed for the TV. They can't wait to see themselves on the screen. Me smells a rat. Translation, a major lawsuit coming up. I have the feeling that the man that was doing the fireworks is facing charges and I hope he has good coverage on his home policy. You should have seen the stash that didn't blow up. It looks like he bought out the factory.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:41 PM   #2538
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60

Is there a way for you to set everything back to null and reset? Should be a setting for min temp and max temp. The thermostat will keep it there. He may have also set it to fan instead of cool.
He's reading the manual. He thinks he has it figured out. We'll see. In the mean time, I'm still keeping the ice pack.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:42 PM   #2539
Chef Extraordinaire

I am watching the fireworks at the Boston Pops Concert and can hear them through my window as they explode. Who needs to go in town and deal with that crowd.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:46 PM   #2540
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Pag, as you should. I have rarely heard of a man reading a manual, sure glad yours does! Hoping for a quick cooling!

One reason why I do all the repairs around here....