"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-17-2012, 10:20 PM   #3061
Everymom

My elbow hurts.

Old 08-18-2012, 02:06 AM   #3062
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
My elbow hurts.
Sorry to hear that. Did you do something to it?

Old 08-18-2012, 01:24 PM   #3063
Everymom

Might have been the whitewater rafting. I was paddling pretty hard. Could be just life in general. I hurt this elbow in a restraint a few years ago.
Old 08-18-2012, 08:23 PM   #3064
Chef Extraordinaire

Sorry to hear you have a sore shoulder Alix...rest up and I hope you are feeling better soon
Old 08-19-2012, 12:10 PM   #3065
Sous Chef

I'm starting school on the 27th, and the wireless network card on my 10 yr old laptop decided to quit working. I decided it's not worth fixing, as I've been having issues lately with errors, and corrupted files. I think my hard drive will fail me next. Anyway, I found a great deal on a used laptop for $250. It was new in march, and is the same brand, but all the specs are about 3 times bigger/faster than my current dinosaur. Plus it is a 13.3" screen, which will be nice and light, and great for carrying to and from school. So my bf says, "What?? You're going to spend $250 on a computer right now?? We have about ten laptops sitting in the back at work because no one knows anything about computers and I bet you could pick one up for about $50." Um yeah. Nobody there knows anything about computers and I want to buy their garbage??? NO THANK YOU!!!! Does he really not know how little money I spend to have the cash to go buy it??? I know his spending hasn't changed since money has been tight for the last few months. I don't want to get into a discussion about it right now because our room mate is sitting right here...
Old 08-19-2012, 04:36 PM   #3066
Executive Chef

Just have to vent, so I can let it go. We have a wedding to go to this evening. #1 son and DIL and grandsons will be going to the same wedding. They live a three hour drive from here and the wedding is in this area. They came up early to go school shopping. Well...I had invited them to come for Sunday dinner at 3:00 since the wedding is at 6:00. At 2:00 I got a text from my son saying that they were still shopping and would probably not make it for dinner! He didn't even call. He texted!!! I texted him back, "Your loss." we have been smoking ribs all morning. I have Mac and cheese in the oven. It will still be great, but I am mad. I know I need to get over it! I guess I am sad too because I love spending time with those grandsons of mine, and they love my Mac and cheese. :(
Old 08-19-2012, 04:41 PM   #3067
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
Just have to vent, so I can let it go. We have a wedding to go to this evening. #1 son and DIL and grandsons will be going to the same wedding. They live a three hour drive from here and the wedding is in this area. They came up early to go school shopping. Well...I had invited them to come for Sunday dinner at 3:00 since the wedding is at 6:00. At 2:00 I got a text from my son saying that they were still shopping and would probably not make it for dinner! He didn't even call. He texted!!! I texted him back, "Your loss." we have been smoking ribs all morning. I have Mac and cheese in the oven. It will still be great, but I am mad. I know I need to get over it! I guess I am sad too because I love spending time with those grandsons of mine, and they love my Mac and cheese. :(

It's the parents' dilemma. Children's coming for dinner is often more important to the parents than it is to the children.
Old 08-19-2012, 04:46 PM   #3068
Executive Chef

You got that right. It is more important to me. I guess he will realize it when he has grandkids.
Old 08-19-2012, 04:47 PM   #3069
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper
Oh cr*p, Chopper. I would be really upset too. Or, more like furious, after all that work, and not seeing the grandsons.
Old 08-19-2012, 05:40 PM   #3070
Executive Chef

Well...it wasn't any more work than we would have done for us, but have to wait until the wedding to enjoy my boys now. :(. I think I'm almost over it. You get used to it after awhile. It just sucks.