"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-12-2012, 09:35 AM   #3291
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Yup, we can vote them out at the AGM in June. I can certainly get another copy of the finances as of the last AGM. I might be able to get a copy of the current state of our finances, but I have my doubts. I don't think they are well enough organized to have anything up to date between AGMs.

I missed the last AGM. I think I wasn't feeling well. I try to go to them, even though I hate them. I dislike the squabbling and petty nonsense. I dislike power tripping. I dislike the lack of common sense.

I can't find the financial statements that they handed out this year. I found the ones from the previous year. At that time we had over $50,000 in the contingency fund. There was nothing in the budget that should have used that up. I haven't heard about any other emergency expenditures.

I would run for rep, but I don't think anyone wants to nominate me. Most of my neighbours are not people I would choose as friends. And I think it would be a real PITA to be a rep with this group. I really admire you for being willing to do the work of being on the board.

If the financials are OK, you really only have the water man as an issue. I'd address that. Maybe you and your neighbor who approached you could get some others to join in and send letters to the board - the more the better.

If the issues go beyond that, you'll have to expend some real energy.

Do you have a property management company?

Old 11-12-2012, 11:16 AM   #3292
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
If the financials are OK, you really only have the water man as an issue. I'd address that. Maybe you and your neighbor who approached you could get some others to join in and send letters to the board - the more the better.

If the issues go beyond that, you'll have to expend some real energy.

Do you have a property management company?
Yup, that's the plan. You are right, the more letters and phone calls, the better. I'm pretty sure I would have noticed a big change in our contingency fund when I looked over the financials that I can no longer find.

No, no property management company. The closest we have to that is a landscaping company that takes care of our lawns and snow removal.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:16 AM   #3293
Master Chef

I've had a really bad day so far. My Sister and Mother have written each other off, my Brother and Sister haven't spoken for almost 2 years and don't think they ever will. Also read about a dozen really bad lies my mother wrote about me in an email to my Sister. My Dad admitted that my Mother had an affair with the man she dated after their divorce. The same man who tried to get touchy with me. Thank goodness I had the common sense to get out and move to my Father. My Mother accused me of only looking for attention then, I was only 12. Can't believe she took a man 20 yrs her junior's word against her child.
I don't need this nonsense, I'm 31 yrs old with 2 kids of my own. Wish they would sort out their own problems. I was very happy leaving my skeletons buried!
My Mother and Sister are using me as the middle man. I have been sent different versions of the story all day. All included things I said, so much for family keeping your secrets.
I don't want to deal with this, I have enough other problems. Can't even write my Mother off. I just don't have it in me even though thinking of her right now makes me sick.

Anyway, life goes on. Just needed to write it down, don't have anyone else to vent to.

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:44 AM   #3294
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
(((Hugs Snip))) That sucks. I'm sorry you have to deal with this crxp.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:24 AM   #3295
Master Chef

Thank you :) I'll be ok, I have a big rug to sweep it all under!

Old 11-13-2012, 11:38 AM   #3296
Master Chef

when i'm the appointed middle-person for my divorceing Parents, i let 'em know
-i'm not a mediator or the middle-woman
-they ought behave as adults
-phone #'s can be easily blocked
-they brought this on themselves
- they might take responsibility for once
stay strong & vent away, snip! keeping stuff in can be stressful.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:57 AM   #3297
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvs View Post
when i'm the appointed middle-person for my divorceing Parents, i let 'em know
-i'm not a mediator or the middle-woman
-they ought behave as adults
-phone #'s can be easily blocked
-they brought this on themselves
- they might take responsibility for once
stay strong & vent away, snip! keeping stuff in can be stressful.
Thank you!
I've put my phone off but they email me. They both know I will read it. I care too damn much. If I become a closet alcoholic I'm blaming them
I talk here because I know I can speak without getting judged and no one on DC goes out to make my life harder. I trust you guys and I keep this forum to myself. I have to talk sometimes for the sake of my sanity and I can't talk to family. Don't know who I can trust. I know blood is thicker than water but right now I choose water. Don't like thick things anyway

Old 11-13-2012, 12:34 PM   #3298
Master Chef

not a problem; i (we, as a group) lend an ear, & when i can, i'll offer advice. those un-read e-mails can leave a person rather curious.
i say if typing your woes away to us is sufficient, type on!

not so very lovely when families begin to crumble, although it's usually almost a relief later on.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:18 PM   #3299
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvs View Post
not a problem; i (we, as a group) lend an ear, & when i can, i'll offer advice. those un-read e-mails can leave a person rather curious.
i say if typing your woes away to us is sufficient, type on!

not so very lovely when families begin to crumble, although it's usually almost a relief later on.
I do just need the odd vent. Thank you Luvs. This was good enough for me. It's sad but kinda true. It would kinda be a relief

Old 11-14-2012, 01:16 AM   #3300
Chef Extraordinaire

Snip, hang in there. You don't have to be anyone's victim. And that is what your family is trying to make you.