"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-14-2012, 01:25 AM   #3301
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Snip, hang in there. You don't have to be anyone's victim. And that is what your family is trying to make you.
\

Thank you Addie. I've stopped contact with all of them for now. My Mom and Sister are trying to get me to choose between the 2 of them. They say I can stay out of it but in the same breath they both are saying that they've cut ties with each other and suggest I do the same. It's messed up, why should I write either of them off because they have?!

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:50 AM   #3302
Chef Extraordinaire

Big Hugs from me too Snip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snip 13 View Post
I've had a really bad day so far. My Sister and Mother have written each other off, my Brother and Sister haven't spoken for almost 2 years and don't think they ever will. Also read about a dozen really bad lies my mother wrote about me in an email to my Sister. My Dad admitted that my Mother had an affair with the man she dated after their divorce. The same man who tried to get touchy with me. Thank goodness I had the common sense to get out and move to my Father. My Mother accused me of only looking for attention then, I was only 12. Can't believe she took a man 20 yrs her junior's word against her child.
I don't need this nonsense, I'm 31 yrs old with 2 kids of my own. Wish they would sort out their own problems. I was very happy leaving my skeletons buried!
My Mother and Sister are using me as the middle man. I have been sent different versions of the story all day. All included things I said, so much for family keeping your secrets.
I don't want to deal with this, I have enough other problems. Can't even write my Mother off. I just don't have it in me even though thinking of her right now makes me sick.

Anyway, life goes on. Just needed to write it down, don't have anyone else to vent to.

Old 11-14-2012, 05:06 AM   #3303
Master Chef

Thank you Kylie :)

Old 11-14-2012, 12:55 PM   #3304
Chef Extraordinaire

So I sit here in total frustration. Winthrop has a contract with a chair coach company to transfer patients to and from medical appointments in town. Now I only live 15 minutes, traffic allowing, from the medical facility. For my past two appointments they were 45 minutes late picking me up. Of course, traffic was not allowing. Then on the way back home from my last appointment last Wednesday, the driver got a call on his cell. I know they are not allowed to receive or make personal phone calls when transporting a patient. And they have their radio if the dispatcher needs to get in touch with the driver.

How do I know it was a personal call me was on? He was talking Haitian. As we approached my building I kept telling him to take the next left. We ended up going six blocks out of the way because one hand wasn't free to turn the steering wheel. I had just had a most difficult visit with the surgeon and was in no mood to go six blocks out of the way while listening to him jabber in a foreign language. I just wanted to get home and take a long nap. I hate to get anyone in trouble. But today was the last straw.

What happened today you ask. My pickup time was 12 noon. I called the dispatcher and "No", we don't have you down for a pickup. So I call Winthrop. I know they called it in yesterday. She had me on hold while she made the call and then came back on line with me to confirm it. So tomorrow when I go to Winthrop, I am going to file a complaint against the Chair Coach Company. Today's appointment with the surgeon was an important one. So if I had asked to try and squeeze me in late, I would have been sitting there until I was the last one of the day. I know how that works. So the appointment has to be rescheduled for next week. Next week is Thanksgiving and that means there will be a bunch of patients squeezed into four days.

Please God, turn me into an Iguana so I can sit in the sun all day away from all this crap!
Old 11-14-2012, 02:36 PM   #3305
Master Chef

Sorry to hear that Addie, like you don't have enough to deal with already!
Murphy is a cow!

Old 11-14-2012, 04:35 PM   #3306
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snip 13 View Post
Thank you Kylie :)
Old 11-14-2012, 07:01 PM   #3307
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snip 13

Thank you!
I've put my phone off but they email me. They both know I will read it. I care too damn much. If I become a closet alcoholic I'm blaming them
I talk here because I know I can speak without getting judged and no one on DC goes out to make my life harder. I trust you guys and I keep this forum to myself. I have to talk sometimes for the sake of my sanity and I can't talk to family. Don't know who I can trust. I know blood is thicker than water but right now I choose water. Don't like thick things anyway
Read the email if you have to, but it makes a statement if you don't respond. Maybe they will understand that you don't want to be a part of it. Good luck. I know it's hard.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:23 PM   #3308
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
(((Hugs))) Addie. I hope it all goes really well with your new appointment.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:42 PM   #3309
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady
(((Hugs))) Addie. I hope it all goes really well with your new appointment.
+1

Hope it works out, Addie!
Old 11-14-2012, 07:43 PM   #3310
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper

Read the email if you have to, but it makes a statement if you don't respond. Maybe they will understand that you don't want to be a part of it. Good luck. I know it's hard.
+1

Hang in there, Snip!