"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-24-2012, 06:01 PM   #3331
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M.
Apparently, when I get ready to take a nap, an alert is sent to every telemarketer and relative so thy will know to call me.
LOL. that happens when we sit down to eat.

Old 11-26-2012, 12:28 PM   #3332
Chef Extraordinaire

ICE

How many of you are aware of ICE? No, I don't mean the kind you put in drinks or skate on. I mean the ICE number that is listed in your cell phone. For those of you who don't know what it stands for; In Case Of Emergency. Anytime I have gotten a new phone, it is the very first number I enter. Should something happen when I am away from home and I am unconscious, the first thing a First Responder will look for on your phone is the ICE. You should always list it as follow ICE Mary Daughter and then the number Area Code - 555-1234.

Old 11-26-2012, 12:47 PM   #3333
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
How many of you are aware of ICE? No, I don't mean the kind you put in drinks or skate on. I mean the ICE number that is listed in your cell phone. For those of you who don't know what it stands for; In Case Of Emergency. Anytime I have gotten a new phone, it is the very first number I enter. Should something happen when I am away from home and I am unconscious, the first thing a First Responder will look for on your phone is the ICE. You should always list it as follow ICE Mary Daughter and then the number Area Code - 555-1234.
Thank you for the reminder. I know about it, but I couldn't remember the acronym. I'll put it on my phone right away.

I just realized there is a little problem. My phone requires a code to use it. I put the code so I won't bum dial.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:08 PM   #3334
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Thank you for the reminder. I know about it, but I couldn't remember the acronym. I'll put it on my phone right away.

I just realized there is a little problem. My phone requires a code to use it. I put the code so I won't bum dial.
Make the code simple. Such as 1 2 3

i will have to ask my son if there is a code they use first when they find the phone locked. Will get back to you on that. I just sent him an email.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:25 PM   #3335
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Make the code simple. Such as 1 2 3

i will have to ask my son if there is a code they use first when they find the phone locked. Will get back to you on that. I just sent him an email.
Thank you.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:29 PM   #3336
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I have my medic alert necklace I wear whenever I am out of the house. It has web access to all of my health information, including my contact numbers. Also have a key fob that is USB storage with all the info, plug it into any computer and it brings up my health info.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:50 PM   #3337
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I have my medic alert necklace I wear whenever I am out of the house. It has web access to all of my health information, including my contact numbers. Also have a key fob that is USB storage with all the info, plug it into any computer and it brings up my health info.
How can I get one of those key fobs? Between heart, diabetes, allergies to a lot of meds, it sounds like just what I need. I already have a blank Flash, should I use that? It has a ring for my key ring. Thank you so much for the idea. I have been toying for years about wearing a braclet or neclace, but with my skin condition it would only aggravate it. And one for you Miss Nightingale!
Old 11-26-2012, 05:51 PM   #3338
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Thank you.
He has no idea. He has never had the occasion or come across the need. Sorry.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:10 PM   #3339
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
He has no idea. He has never had the occasion or come across the need. Sorry.
Oh well. Thanks for asking.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:11 PM   #3340
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
How can I get one of those key fobs? Between heart, diabetes, allergies to a lot of meds, it sounds like just what I need. I already have a blank Flash, should I use that? It has a ring for my key ring. Thank you so much for the idea. I have been toying for years about wearing a braclet or neclace, but with my skin condition it would only aggravate it. And one for you Miss Nightingale!
You can get them here: Medical History Bracelet CARE Medical History Keychain with 2.0 e-Manager Software

They are simple to keep updated.