"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-29-2012, 03:29 PM   #3481
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
When TB taught at the local Technical Institute several years ago, often in class his back pocket would call home. I would pick up the phone and hear the muffled sounds of him giving a lecture and had no way of telling him to hang up. It would sometimes go on for an hour! He finally started leaving his phone in his briefcase while teaching and the calls stopped. In those days there weren't a lot of unlimited minutes plans so it really cut into his phone time!
That's why I have a code on my phone. That time I bum dialed, I had just made a call and I guess I forgot to switch off the phone.

Old 12-29-2012, 04:02 PM   #3482
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
That's why I have a code on my phone. That time I bum dialed, I had just made a call and I guess I forgot to switch off the phone.
His current phone wouldn't do that, though mine does if I don't make sure it is locked before putting it in my purse. But this was an older model and he had our home number on speed dial "A" so it was easy to dial - a little too easy!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:06 PM   #3483
Executive Chef

DH has one of those phones where he can talk to it and tell it who to dial. Well we were out clearing snow this morning and he kept saying to me "What?" I told him I didn't say anything. Pretty soon he asked me again. This happened 4 times. I walked up to him .. stared him in the eye and said I didn't say anything ...about that time I heard it too. I knew what it was so I told him his pants were talking to him LOL He had his phone in his pants pocket and I guess he hit some button and it kept saying "I didn't understand, please repeat".
Old 12-29-2012, 05:12 PM   #3484
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsLMB View Post
DH has one of those phones where he can talk to it and tell it who to dial. Well we were out clearing snow this morning and he kept saying to me "What?" I told him I didn't say anything. Pretty soon he asked me again. This happened 4 times. I walked up to him .. stared him in the eye and said I didn't say anything ...about that time I heard it too. I knew what it was so I told him his pants were talking to him LOL He had his phone in his pants pocket and I guess he hit some button and it kept saying "I didn't understand, please repeat".
I love it.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:15 PM   #3485
Chef Extraordinaire

The urge to kill some days is very strong. And today is one of those days.

I keep receiving bills from a collection agency for my medical bills. I am going to get a copy of my credit report. I have always had good credit. Now I am afraid that this agency is going to be affecting my rating. Looks like I am going to have a fight on my hands. I have an appointment with my vascular doctor and I am going to have to talk to her office folks who do the billing for her. I got the eye folks straightened out. The ER is another one. The problem is that BU doctors who practice through Boston Medical Center have their own billing department. And I have to make sure each department has the correct information since they are too lazy to look in the computer. GRRRR!
Old 01-08-2013, 03:32 PM   #3486
Certified Pretend Chef

Medical billing is a nightmare. I feel sorry for the people who aren't able to question billings. There are often errors.

I received a $1400. bill for the anesthesia for my shoulder surgery. Right on the bill it says, "Claim submitted" yet they billed me. If I wasn't paying attention and paid the bill they would have been paid twice. A month later I got billed again but only for $68 as Medicare had paid. Again I didn't pay and got a dunning notice. I called and complained and they backed off as they had already been paid!

Even worse, they billed me the full charge but accepted much less from the insurance company. I wonder if i would ever have received a refund.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:59 PM   #3487
Master Chef

I've taken my son to emergency room while on vacation once. The doctor was completely incompetent, but that's besides the point, they billed me foursome ridiculous amount of money, like $800 or so, for some lab work, some other procedure that he did not have. I tried to call a dozen of times or so trying to get to the bottom of it to no avail. Likely I felt that I better keep all the information, I documented every call. 5 or 6 years latter the collection agency sent a bill, I tried to explain to them what was going on, but they would not even bother talking to me. Thank G-d I have a friend who is a lawyer and he wrote the letter with explanation, if it was not for him I'd be out of money no matter what, it would have cost me that much to hire a lawyer. I hate them.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:00 PM   #3488
Master Chef

P.S. What I was trying to say, is I know exactly how you feel.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:04 AM   #3489
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Imagine getting an Emergency Room bill and you've been billed for a pregnancy test...after they have taken a history and it's impossible for you to be pregnant, i.e., none of the equipment to get that way. "We always test a woman your age for pregnancy when they come in the ER." Even if it's documented that you've had the surgery so you can't be pregnant?!? Took me two years to fight that one.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:54 AM   #3490
Master Chef

Oh, heavens (OK, I don't swear on-line, but *%^&%#@#@#$%!!!), can I identify. I had my hip surgery in mid-July. I've paid all I can, but I know, out there somewhere, is a $22,000 hospital bill that my insurance is dragging their feet on (Thank YOU, Uncle Sam, for all the years my husband spent in the Army, going to Vietnam when others fled to Canada, and thank you, thank you for all your help), and I'm still not getting the bill. At this point, I'd rather pay the entire friggin' bill rather than sitting on tenderhooks. No, I don't really mean that. Buy why, 6 months later, can I not just pay this bill and get it over with? I've paid the ambulance company, I've paid a dozen doctors, I've paid, and paid, and paid, but the big bill just won't come in. I actually got a form asking me who I was suing. Huh? I fell down some stairs, in my own home, walking in my sleep. Can you hear me screaming? Just pay whatever you're going to pay, or not, and let me get beyond this!