"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-04-2013, 04:56 PM   #3531
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
It is the quickest way to get out of work you don't want to do. Ask any of my kids. They had it down to an art.
Not looking to get out of work. Perfect weather for gardening, which has been rare lately. Plus with company coming sometime this week I wanted the freshly washed sheets on the bed today so the room was all done. Should have waited till after I did some gardening...

Old 06-04-2013, 05:18 PM   #3532
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
The day my Podiatrist told me that older people need to wear shoes or slippers at all times hurt me much worse than stubbing my toe ever did!

To think I paid for that advice!
Thanks for the heads-up. Or should I say toes-covered-up? Unfortunately, I did this before I ever ventured downstairs for the day and I keep my shoes down there. Slippers wouldn't have helped since I've been open-toe ones this summer. Maybe after decades of owning this bed I should just remember it's out to get me?

Old 06-04-2013, 11:55 PM   #3533
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I buy neoprene water shoes for house shoes...a bit of sole and gives a little protection if you have the habit of kicking your furniture for no good reason.
Old 06-06-2013, 11:57 AM   #3534
Senior Cook

I just had the pup, Tucker, out. He went both. We came in and he pee'd on my floor. Grrrrrrrr
Old 06-06-2013, 01:07 PM   #3535
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahoymatey2013 View Post
I just had the pup, Tucker, out. He went both. We came in and he pee'd on my floor. Grrrrrrrr
At least it was pee.
Old 06-06-2013, 01:28 PM   #3536
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Maybe he was just excited. I've seen dogs and pups pee themselves from excitement.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:32 PM   #3537
Senior Cook

I don't know what his problem was but he bought himself a 15 timeout in the crate. I had him out, he went both. He came in & went tinkle like I said above & not even 5 minutes after my first post I was upstairs putting my paid bills away & he went AGAIN. Luckily for me both times wasn't on my carpets. I took him out figuring there isn't anything left in him & he went AGAIN but this time it was on the grass.

So I locked him up for a few minutes & now he's fine. Who knows what his problem was.

How's your toe CG? I use to be queen of broken toes. I have the ugliest feet around plus I have chronic plantar fasciitis so it's rare that I am not in my New Balance sneakers with my Spanco insoles.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:21 PM   #3538
Executive Chef

Quote:
I don't know what his problem was but he bought himself a 15 timeout in the crate. I had him out, he went both. He came in & went tinkle like I said above & not even 5 minutes after my first post I was upstairs putting my paid bills away & he went AGAIN. Luckily for me both times wasn't on my carpets. I took him out figuring there isn't anything left in him & he went AGAIN but this time it was on the grass.

So I locked him up for a few minutes & now he's fine. Who knows what his problem was.
Keep an eye on him. Hopefully it's nothing but it could be a sign of something wrong with his urinary tract. Just to be on the safe side, watch and check for blood .. if you see any at all get him to the vet. If it continues, take him to the vet.

Hopefully he was just being a little ornery.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:08 PM   #3539
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

He may need to stay out for more than one piddle. Make sure he's out long enough, even adult dogs pee several times on a long walk. And males always seem to save a bit in order to mark a tree or something. I wouldn't punish him for it, he's learning, and he wouldn't understand a "time-out", unlike a human toddler. (BTW, general wisdom says 1 minute per year of age for time-out, that's for humans).
Old 06-06-2013, 11:21 PM   #3540
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Patron has never lifted a leg and peed on me, but I've had plenty of Patron pee on my clothes and hands...good thing I'm drip dry, wash and wear. Okay maybe that's just too gross for some, but I also had an 18 year old pee in my pocket...no, not on purpose. Pee, poop and blood don't scare me...