"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-05-2013, 06:16 PM   #3571
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Wow GG, what a rotten day! You need a . Hope the doctor AND the insurance company can work together on friendly terms and get some sort of answer to you. And when you call for your copay back you should tell them you deserve a bonus for the entire inconvenience.
Thanks, CG. Love the big hug I think it's going to work out; it was just a very frustrating event, when I arranged my day around this appointment.

Old 08-06-2013, 03:38 PM   #3572
Head Chef

OK, everybody now -- a great big collective hug (like CG's little emoticon) for GG from DC - may she feel it through the ether!

Old 08-06-2013, 04:03 PM   #3573
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinlizzie View Post
OK, everybody now -- a great big collective hug (like CG's little emoticon) for GG from DC - may she feel it through the ether!
I'm hugging.
Old 08-06-2013, 04:56 PM   #3574
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinlizzie View Post
Awwww, that's very sweet! I feel much better now
Old 08-06-2013, 05:16 PM   #3575
Chef Extraordinaire

The "City" in which I live does not allow backyard hens. I can have hens because I am zoned AG2 and rural. There was a feature on the news the other night about a couple who had 3 laying hens, they have had them for 3 years. They are also zoned rural, but not AG2 or AG1. By-law showed up and gave them until Friday to get rid of them or By-law would seize them (and dispose of them because the HS does not have accommodations for hens). I contacted the reporter, asked him to pass my contact info on so that I could offer "witness protection" services to these three hens while the folks duke it out in by-law court. I got a call from the folks! The girls may be coming here tomorrow or Friday. Irony is that before amalgamation, backyard chickens were allowed where these folks live in the City. They are so devastated that they have to get rid of their girls. Grrr...I hate politics! I hate people who complain about things that are not infringing on their enjoyment of their property...If I lived in the US, I probably would fit in well in NH.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:07 PM   #3576
Master Chef

In the good old US there are even more rules. It is getting to be totally crazy.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:38 PM   #3577
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
The "City" in which I live does not allow backyard hens. I can have hens because I am zoned AG2 and rural. There was a feature on the news the other night about a couple who had 3 laying hens, they have had them for 3 years. They are also zoned rural, but not AG2 or AG1. By-law showed up and gave them until Friday to get rid of them or By-law would seize them (and dispose of them because the HS does not have accommodations for hens). I contacted the reporter, asked him to pass my contact info on so that I could offer "witness protection" services to these three hens while the folks duke it out in by-law court. I got a call from the folks! The girls may be coming here tomorrow or Friday. Irony is that before amalgamation, backyard chickens were allowed where these folks live in the City. They are so devastated that they have to get rid of their girls. Grrr...I hate politics! I hate people who complain about things that are not infringing on their enjoyment of their property...If I lived in the US, I probably would fit in well in NH.
Make sure they keep getting their eggs... Witness Protection for Chickens...now I've seen everything.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:27 AM   #3578
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Make sure they keep getting their eggs... Witness Protection for Chickens...now I've seen everything.
What else could I offer? I think it is WRONG that these girls would be slaughtered. So they can come here while their owners duke it out in by-law court.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:51 AM   #3579
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:

Move to Vermont. They believe very strongly in personal freedom. Most of Vermont is rural and farm land. There is no Big Box store in VT. They would infringe on the rights of the little businessman. Even Walmart gave up the fight to get a store in. Now if they could just keep out those folks from NYC who want to change everything they don't like about Vermont.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:58 AM   #3580
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
What else could I offer? I think it is WRONG that these girls would be slaughtered. So they can come here while their owners duke it out in by-law court.
I think what you are doing is wonderful!!!