"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-08-2013, 12:14 PM   #3591
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
The old saying "Everybody loves sausage. But no one wants to see it being made!" comes to mind!
The quote I heard was, "If you love sausage or furs, don't watch them being prepared."

Old 08-08-2013, 12:17 PM   #3592
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
The quote I heard was, "If you love sausage or furs, don't watch them being prepared."
Those both sound better than my Father's comments about what hot dogs and bologna are made from!

Old 08-08-2013, 12:30 PM   #3593
Chef Extraordinaire

Unhappy The Saddest Story I Have Ever Heard

Who wants to win a baby? Pakistani TV host

I am sitting here in shock.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:34 PM   #3594
Master Chef

I am still so fricking mad after 2 (or is it 3 days now?). Somebody broke into my e-mail account and sent the bunch of spam, fine I can live with that, I’ll just apologies to everybody on my address list. But these bastards wiped my "In Box" clean and my "Contact" list clean. G-d knows what else they’ve done. They added a different e-mail for the notifications, so if I change something they will get an e-mail. I had a whole bunch of important e-mails I was keeping. Darn, darn, darn. I am so mad; did I tell you how mad I am right now?
Old 08-08-2013, 05:42 PM   #3595
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieD View Post
I am still so fricking mad after 2 (or is it 3 days now?). Somebody broke into my e-mail account and sent the bunch of spam, fine I can live with that, I’ll just apologies to everybody on my address list. But these bastards wiped my "In Box" clean and my "Contact" list clean. G-d knows what else they’ve done. They added a different e-mail for the notifications, so if I change something they will get an e-mail. I had a whole bunch of important e-mails I was keeping. Darn, darn, darn. I am so mad; did I tell you how mad I am right now?

Oh no .. well that's just awful. Too bad some people will never grow up. So sorry that happened to you.

Here is a suggestion for the future. I forward copies of things I want to keep to my web based email account. That way I have double and a back up in case my hard drive crashes - which it has in the past. I was so glad I had done that because I still had what I needed. And of course the other suggestion would be to burn it to a cd.

Good luck and hopefully they didn't do anything else bad to you.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:48 PM   #3596
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Who wants to win a baby? Pakistani TV host

I am sitting here in shock.
There is so much I would like to say, but ...
Old 08-08-2013, 06:34 PM   #3597
Master Chef

You know what is even more annoing? Try to delete yahoo mail account. Just go ahead and try, see how long it's going to take to find how to do that. There is no easy link on yahoo help page, you have to dig far and deep. I think I am just as mad at Yahoo as I am at those darn (much stronger word was used in my mind) heckers.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:37 PM   #3598
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieD View Post
You know what is even more annoing? Try to delete yahoo mail account. Just go ahead and try, see how long it's going to take to find how to do that. There is no easy link on yahoo help page, you have to dig far and deep. I think I am just as mad at Yahoo as I am at those darn (much stronger word was used in my mind) heckers.
Is there technical support that you can contact? If so, there's a tiny chance they can restore your emails and contact list.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:32 PM   #3599
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
Those both sound better than my Father's comments about what hot dogs and bologna are made from!
I once read the "ingredients" for frankfurters.... I didn't eat a hot dog for several years.

But, what can you do? The smell is so good.... (Though don't eat hot dogs in New York just near Battery Park... the WORST ever.) I had such high expectations of a NY "dawg"!

And I won't lie people, NYC wasn't just about it being a fantastic city. (Which it is.) But my great uncle was one of those original Irish NYC policemen. (And yes, I know that doesn't mean he was a good person!) But my granddad (his brother) is on the wall at Ellis Island. Someone had to pay for that. (My granddad spent 20 years in America too.) For all I know, I have relatives in the US.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:35 PM   #3600
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatyCooks View Post
I once read the "ingredients" for frankfurters.... I didn't eat a hot dog for several years.

But, what can you do? The smell is so good.... (Though don't eat hot dogs in New York just near Battery Park... the WORST ever.) I had such high expectations of a NY "dawg"!

And I won't lie people, NYC wasn't just about it being a fantastic city. (Which it is.) But my great uncle was one of those original Irish NYC policemen. (And yes, I know that doesn't mean he was a good person!) But my granddad (his brother) is on the wall at Ellis Island. Someone had to pay for that. (My granddad spent 20 years in America too.) For all I know, I have relatives in the US.
Odds are, a fair number of us have relatives in your neck of the woods.