"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-14-2014, 02:39 AM   #3761
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
My mum was very displeased when I referred to my cats as her grandchildren. My sister, on the other hand, is perfectly happy to be the auntie of cats.
Neither kid is married and it doesn't look likely in the near future. I'm old-fashioned so I really don't want the kids going solo as a parent. I'm purrfectly happy with the two furry grandkits and our one grandturtle. You have to take them as you can get them.

Old 01-14-2014, 03:40 AM   #3762
Proud American

Quote:
My mum was very displeased when I referred to my cats as her grandchildren. My sister, on the other hand, is perfectly happy to be the auntie of cats.
Oh no! I am sorry, Taxy. If I ever marry and adopt children, and they choose not to have their human babies but to have cats and dogs I will be their Nonna!

I'll also be Nonna to any and all their pets; ferrets, snakes, lizards, fish, spiders, cats, dogs, chickens, roosters, and any other precious creatures they wish to have.

I may have issues handling certain creatures, but you get the idea, yes?

My Mamma calls my cats, Misty and Kali, and my dog, Azia, her grandhairballs and she is their Nonna. Mamma loves them!

Pets are so wonderful!

With love,
~Cat

Old 01-14-2014, 04:32 AM   #3763
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
I am Grandma, The Pirate is uncle, my grandson is brother and all the other family young folks are cousins to Teddy.
Old 01-14-2014, 04:37 AM   #3764
Chef Extraordinaire

I think CWS and PF are perfect examples of being a mother to their babies. CWS has names for her chickie babies. And we hear about Latte all the time. I don't think I want to know anyone who doesn't have a love affair with family members of the animal kingdom.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:28 AM   #3765
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Are you a great granny or just a granny, Cave??? CG is a mommy only, unless she counts the twins fur babies.
I'm a 'granny' but old enough to be a great-granny if and when my (human) step-grand-children decide to have children.

I was 'Mommy' to so many pets through the years I can't count them.
Old 01-14-2014, 12:53 PM   #3766
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Neither kid is married and it doesn't look likely in the near future. I'm old-fashioned so I really don't want the kids going solo as a parent. I'm purrfectly happy with the two furry grandkits and our one grandturtle. You have to take them as you can get them.
A grandturtle! Cool! I'm Great Granny to Corgies...
Old 01-14-2014, 01:01 PM   #3767
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cave76 View Post
I'm a 'granny' but old enough to be a great-granny if and when my (human) step-grand-children decide to have children.

I was 'Mommy' to so many pets through the years I can't count them.
Yes, I am waiting for the Grands to give me Greats. Mommy and Auntie to many human and animal. It's fun. Mother to none.
Old 01-14-2014, 04:22 PM   #3768
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
A grandturtle! Cool! I'm Great Granny to Corgies...
Love Corgies. My Mom got an older one after my Dad died. After Dad died his favorite "rescue" dog died. Monday was rescued from the corner bar. One day when Dad went up for a beer one of the guys had a dog he was trying to find a home for so Dad brought him home. Told my Mom the dog followed him. And yes, this all happened on a Monday.

Our daughter Loverly had four turtles at one time. Eventually keeping that 55-gallon tank clean for four became too much work, so she found a pond with the same species of turtles and released three of them. The fourth is a more exotic kind and she felt it best to keep that one. Turtles are cute, but nowhere near as cuddly as cats.
Old 01-14-2014, 04:26 PM   #3769
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I was Mommy to four turtles for a while.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:00 PM   #3770
Honey Badger

Scheduling appointments really bites!

You know what they say "If you want anything done right do it yourself" Or in my case my sig says it all.

I had made a follow up appointment yesterday.It was between the receptionist and I that it would be tentative because of our schedules.She told me that it would be in the comp as a definite thing until I called her this morning. Had to check with hubby's schedule. I called her back this morning to say I'll definitely take that time and day. She didn't put it in the computer. My time slot and day had been filled already. *sigh* So fine. I told her I'd remove the stitches myself. Have the Dr send the biopsy results to my PCP.If anythings up he can call me.

That rattled her. She then told me that I could go to any walk in clinic and have it done. Thanks but no. Save myself some time, money and hassle.

Ok, my lil vent is over.

So what's for dinner?

Munky.