"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-14-2011, 11:01 AM   #371
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blissful View Post
Z and L--
Thanks!

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:17 AM   #372
Executive Chef

Grrr. No good deed goes unpunished.

Sometimes, something happens that makes you wonder about this "Karma" thing and if it isn't a bunch of hooey, balderdash, or just plain ol' BS.
I just got in from snowblowing my parking lot, and while I was doing so, a guy I know from down the street drove by in his truck with a plough blade on it. He offered to push my snowbanks back and I told him to go ahead. While he was doing that, I decided to go next door and clean my neighbors entrance out whith my blower. I looked up to see him backing into my shed. AAAAAAAHHHHH! It is one of those red barn tin sheds, which I just put up last summer. Anyway it has a good sized dent in the corner of it now, which just happens to be the corner which faces the street so now I have a new dented shed to have to look at for the next 10 years.

So, tell me this, Karma lovers, how could I be doing my neighbor a good deed and my other neighbor doing me a solid, only to have it turn out bad? What's up with that? Did one good deed cancel out the other?
I'm going to butt in line infront of somebody or or something more dispicable and see what happens. Maybe this new Zodiac/astrology/earth shifting on its axis thing has changed the nature of things.....

Old 01-16-2011, 11:26 AM   #373
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Maybe it's a test to see if you'll butt in front of somebody or do something despicable.

Old 01-16-2011, 11:36 AM   #374
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
Maybe it's a test to see if you'll butt in front of somebody or do something despicable.

Maybe. No, I may be loud, obnoxious, and generally offensive, but one thing I'm not is rude.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:38 AM   #375
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocklobster View Post

Maybe. No, I may be loud, obnoxious, and generally offensive, but one thing I'm not is rude.
So then, you passed the test. Too bad you'll have to look at the dent though. I don't suppose there is anything you could put in front of it?

Old 01-16-2011, 11:45 AM   #376
Head Chef

Well, let's test it out Rock and Z.
Go ahead and say something dispicable about me, be rude to make it stick, really try hard and hurt my feelings and then let us know what good things come of it. Cause you never know until you try. You have my permission.

What happened to you was unfair, it was you doing the labor of love for one neighbor, your other neighbor helping you had a small accident, and left you with a scar-dent. Everytime you look at it, you'll be reminded of a random act of kindness in what he did for you and what you did for your neighbor.

I don't know if Karma is true--it might make a good new thread.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:45 AM   #377
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
So then, you passed the test. Too bad you'll have to look at the dent though. I don't suppose there is anything you could put in front of it?
Possibly. One problem is that it is on a gravel laneway. Maybe I can let the weeds grow up and cover it this summer.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:48 AM   #378
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Grrr. No good deed goes unpunished.

Sometimes, something happens that makes you wonder about this "Karma" thing and if it isn't a bunch of hooey, balderdash, or just plain ol' BS.
I just got in from snowblowing my parking lot, and while I was doing so, a guy I know from down the street drove by in his truck with a plough blade on it. He offered to push my snowbanks back and I told him to go ahead. While he was doing that, I decided to go next door and clean my neighbors entrance out whith my blower. I looked up to see him backing into my shed. AAAAAAAHHHHH! It is one of those red barn tin sheds, which I just put up last summer. Anyway it has a good sized dent in the corner of it now, which just happens to be the corner which faces the street so now I have a new dented shed to have to look at for the next 10 years.

So, tell me this, Karma lovers, how could I be doing my neighbor a good deed and my other neighbor doing me a solid, only to have it turn out bad? What's up with that? Did one good deed cancel out the other?
I'm going to butt in line infront of somebody or or something more dispicable and see what happens. Maybe this new Zodiac/astrology/earth shifting on its axis thing has changed the nature of things.....
Thank Karma you decided to go next door. It could have been you and not the shed.

It shows the Universe does have a sense of the absurd and humor...often at our expense.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:54 AM   #379
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Thank Karma you decided to go next door. It could have been you and not the shed.

It shows the Universe does have a sense of the absurd and humor...often at our expense.
Ahhh! Don't be getting all sensible and logical on me right now. I'm in no mood
Old 01-16-2011, 12:05 PM   #380
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Ahhh! Don't be getting all sensible and logical on me right now. I'm in no mood
Think about it...Good Karma sent you next door to do your good deed...instead of hanging out in the lot watching the snow pushing, shed denting fun.

SOMEthing was going to get dented.