"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-26-2014, 07:32 PM   #3791
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
I am just sickened, saddened, and confused by another madman killing innocent people in a busy shopping mall, this time in Maryland. Schools, malls and other public places should be places of safety and comfort.
It is horrible.

Old 01-26-2014, 07:56 PM   #3792
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
I am just sickened, saddened, and confused by another madman killing innocent people in a busy shopping mall, this time in Maryland. Schools, malls and other public places should be places of safety and comfort.
Yes a very sad day. It was on the news here and its shocking that this happens time after time.

Old 01-26-2014, 08:17 PM   #3793
Head Chef

I agree about the senseless killings (is there every any that makes real sense?).

What I can't figure out is if there are more of them or we hear about all of them very quickly and easily. I could be persuaded of either side of that argument. Sigh.
Old 01-26-2014, 08:28 PM   #3794
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by cave76 View Post
I agree about the senseless killings (is there every any that makes real sense?).

What I can't figure out is if there are more of them or we hear about all of them very quickly and easily. I could be persuaded of either side of that argument. Sigh.
I could have continued my discussed on this continuing problem, but I am sure the mods and Charlton Heston would object.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:45 PM   #3795
Executive Chef

virginia senator creigh deeds was featured on 60 minutes tonight, addressing the desperate need for funding and psychiatric facilities for the long-neglected mentally ill population of this country. in december, senator deeds was nearly stabbed to death by his mentally disturbed son, just one day after he had been denied psychiatric placement in a hospital, for lack of beds. the son shot and killed himself after the altercation with his father.
this is just one example of a highly regarded, well-connected and prosperous congressman who was unable to secure mental health assistance for his family. we, as a nation, cannot afford to continue ignoring the elephant....
Old 01-26-2014, 11:28 PM   #3796
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Saw that too, Vit. Mental health really should be a top priority.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:32 AM   #3797
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
It is horrible.
This and other terrible shootings make me so very upset. I wish I could do something, anything, but all I can do is pray.

Ouch. This is awful.

With sadness,
~Cat
Old 01-28-2014, 02:41 PM   #3798
Chef Extraordinaire

Well, they did it again. I had an appointment at 2:15. I was ready and downstairs by 1:45. Transportation never showed up. The appointment was for a consultation for surgery. This time I am not going to say anything to them. Only because I really don't feel like going there. I don't know where the fault lies. With Winthrop or the transportation company that has the contract. I have the feeling it is with Winthrop. They probably forgot to notify the transportation company. As usual. Oh well, time for a nap.
Old 01-28-2014, 03:03 PM   #3799
Head Chef

Severe Shortage of Psychiatric Beds Sounds National Alarm Bell

"Report finds US deficit of nearly 100,000 inpatient beds; result is increased homelessness, emergency room overcrowding, and use of jails and prisons as de-facto psychiatric hospitals"Treatment Advocacy Center
Old 01-28-2014, 03:10 PM   #3800
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Another subject we really don''t want to thrash out on the Discuss Cooking Forums.