"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-23-2014, 02:00 AM   #3911
Executive Chef

Yeah, as much as I won't like not being able to help, I'd like further injuring myself less. They are good friends so I know they'll understand. Still really agravating.

Old 02-23-2014, 02:25 AM   #3912
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Don't have done that PAG. Ow! I hope it feels better soon.

Old 02-23-2014, 02:34 AM   #3913
Master Chef

Aw p.ag., you shouldn't have done that - the ice skating competitions are over at the Olympics. Seriously, I hope your aches and pains go away quickly. Since it's good friends that are moving they'll know you didn't do this on purpose, right?
Old 02-23-2014, 07:54 AM   #3914
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I'm not sleeping...I have, for the past few nights, been waking up at 4:30 wide awake. 5 hours of sleep is NOT enough. But, the bad part is, the darned cats think this is when I should be up now, they started on me at 3:30.

And I'm so easily distracted going from one...SQUIRREL!!!!!
Old 02-23-2014, 10:05 AM   #3915
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I'm not sleeping...I have, for the past few nights, been waking up at 4:30 wide awake. 5 hours of sleep is NOT enough. But, the bad part is, the darned cats think this is when I should be up now, they started on me at 3:30.

(((Hugs PF))). Not getting enough sleep is awful.

You aren't feeding those cats when you get up in the middle of the night, are you?
Old 02-23-2014, 11:07 AM   #3916
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:

PF, you and Beagle are apparently on the same schedule. She's recently taken to getting up at 4:30 and barking like crazy at something outside.

Hope you can get back on track soon!
Old 02-23-2014, 11:35 AM   #3917
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
(((Hugs PF))). Not getting enough sleep is awful.

You aren't feeding those cats when you get up in the middle of the night, are you?
Nope, not feeding them. It's possible Latté is just really confused about what times I should be up and gone and home, what with the surgery, working half days, etc. I have kinda messed with her schedule and me waking up at the same time two nights in a row, of course she gets petted and scritched when I get up, but no food.
Old 02-23-2014, 11:59 AM   #3918
Executive Chef

PAG, you are lucky you didn't break a bone. You will be quite sore, so take it easy. Sometimes it takes a while for an injury to bloom.
Old 02-23-2014, 02:32 PM   #3919
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple.alien.giraffe View Post
Grrr. Slipped on a patch of ice. You know that stretch where you pull your foot towards your butt and how some people can actually touch their heal to their butt? I can't quite get that far but I can get within a couple inches and it's a good thing because that's how I landed. Right knee bent, my butt landed on my foot. Fortunately my calf was directly under my thigh so my knee didn't twist, but it did get over stretched and the initial fall was caused not just by my foot slipping on the ice but also by my ankle twisting when my foot slipped. I took a couple ibuprofen, elevated my leg, and iced my knee and ankle. No swelling or bruising of either but both are kind of achey.

The hubby and I spent the day helping friends move so I'd already been lifting boxes and going up and down stairs all day. I was already fealing a bit stiff. We're supposed to help them finish up tomorrow. We'll see if I'm up to that. Will sleep in the recliner tonight so my leg stays elevated. Here's hoping.
Good news, zero pain today. I'm still going to take it easy but we'll go to help our friends. Hubby can help with the lifting and carrying and I can help with light stuff (like holding doors open) and keeping their 2 y/o entertained. The stiffness from the work done yesterday is also gone and no achey muscles. Should be ok.
Old 02-23-2014, 02:34 PM   #3920
Executive Chef

Quote:

Toss her in a bath tub of water whenever she wakes you up. She'll stop. :D