"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-19-2011, 06:35 PM   #391
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
Yeah, I've tried that with some success. I'll put the lotion dispenser in a bowl of hot water and try it again tomorrow. The hairspray and spray starch I'll just toss and buy new. But there are more and more two person households (like ours) so why don't .... well, you get the picture. Heck, half my friends are single, for that matter.
Is the lotion a pump? If so, remove it from the bottle and screw it onto another bottle (that fits) and filled with hot water, pump like crazy, let it sit a bit and pump again. It should clear out easy.

I like to get small squeeze bottles and put the tail end of lotions into those, put them in my work bag. I always have a bottle somewhere that is upside down, waiting for the last drops. Drives Shrek nuts!

Old 01-19-2011, 08:28 PM   #392
Head Chef

It's annoying when the spray paint quits spraying in the middle of a job and you can hear the paint sloshing around in there. Grrr.

Old 01-28-2011, 09:29 AM   #393
Sous Chef

So the other day, when I spent my day driving my bf to work, going to the grocery store for ingredients, and then cooking a meal that would be hot and ready when he got home from work (at which point I was at my own job), I came home to find he had left my stuffed manicotti I spent hours on, sitting on the counter for 4 hours. I had called him at work and told him all he had to do was put it in the fridge, but he couldn't be bothered. He said he was tired and took a nap. So I spent my entire day doing stuff for him, and he couldn't take 5 minutes to put some leftovers away.

Also, he doesn't sleep well so sometimes he gets up in the middle of the night and goes and lays on the couch. It's bad enough that I don't get to wake up with him in the morning, my phone is our alarm, and even though I've told him several times to bring it with him if he gets up, he never does. So I get to jump out of bed at 8 in the morning even though I don't work til 5. Oh, but first I get to drive 25 min to bring him to work because he's procrastinated for over a week now getting his car fixed. I suggested taking the bus but I think he thought I was joking... Then last night when I filled my tank he looked surprised when I asked for gas money! 3/4 of my tank probably went to driving him around!! Grr. Ok, I think I'm done now. Gotta get up now and tell him the alarm went off 1/2 and hour ago
Old 01-28-2011, 07:15 PM   #394
Chef Extraordinaire

someone hacked my email. it was turned off . i had to get another account with all the mess that goes with that. really pis============== me off. spent three hours on phone with at&t. so far can't find any of my files. hopefully i will be able to figure it out. no one notified me from either yahoo or att.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:08 PM   #395
Chef Extraordinaire

is everyone as sick of charlie sheen as i am. enough already! i bet he is the one that hacked my e-mail account roflmao
Old 01-28-2011, 11:54 PM   #396
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
someone hacked my email. it was turned off . i had to get another account with all the mess that goes with that. really pis============== me off. spent three hours on phone with at&t. so far can't find any of my files. hopefully i will be able to figure it out. no one notified me from either yahoo or att.
Oh that stinks! Shrek was saying a bunch of his archived stuff is missing...good thing I have copies of all of it.

Yeah, it was Charlie Sheen...
Old 01-29-2011, 04:39 AM   #397
Traveling Welcome Wagon

It was definitely Charlie Sheen! You should sue CBS!

Sorry you got hacked!

Barbara
Old 01-29-2011, 05:00 PM   #398
Chef Extraordinaire

thanks barbara. i sure hope i can find the files. at least six have many pictures, that are precious to me. however i think i have them on shutter fly site. can't even remember what is in the rest.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:39 PM   #399
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
thanks barbara. i sure hope i can find the files. at least six have many pictures, that are precious to me. however i think i have them on shutter fly site. can't even remember what is in the rest.
I know you're really angry right now, but when you feel like it I'd like to hear the details about what having your email hacked means.

I'm concerned with identity theft and would like to know if my McAfee is protection enough.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 01:26 AM   #400
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
I know you're really angry right now, but when you feel like it I'd like to hear the details about what having your email hacked means.

I'm concerned with identity theft and would like to know if my McAfee is protection enough.
i will run it past you tomorrow. i am pooped right now. the album wore me out. i am more resigned now than angry.