"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-10-2014, 09:21 AM   #4111
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 3,029
My marriage seems to be fine, but maybe my husband has some hidden anger toward me. Lately he has been hitting me in his sleep. At least he SAYS he was asleep and didn't know he did it. The first time was a couple weeks ago when he first tapped me on the back of the head and then punched me really hard, twice! I jumped out of bet yelling "What are you doing?" He said he was dreaming that he couldn't get the door open so he started to pound on it. Then last night he started beating me on the back. I yelled, and he said I was pulling on his toe. I was NOT. I was sound asleep! I always sleep with my back to him because if I face him the air from my Cpap mask hits him in the head and bothers him. I think maybe I should tell him that being used as a punching bag bothers ME!
__________________

__________________
CarolPa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 09:44 AM   #4112
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,893
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Oh Carol! (((Hugs))) Maybe he is having sleep issues. This doesn't sound good.
__________________

__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 02:41 PM   #4113
Master Chef
 
Chief Longwind Of The North's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: USA,Michigan
Posts: 9,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPa View Post
My marriage seems to be fine, but maybe my husband has some hidden anger toward me. Lately he has been hitting me in his sleep. At least he SAYS he was asleep and didn't know he did it. The first time was a couple weeks ago when he first tapped me on the back of the head and then punched me really hard, twice! I jumped out of bet yelling "What are you doing?" He said he was dreaming that he couldn't get the door open so he started to pound on it. Then last night he started beating me on the back. I yelled, and he said I was pulling on his toe. I was NOT. I was sound asleep! I always sleep with my back to him because if I face him the air from my Cpap mask hits him in the head and bothers him. I think maybe I should tell him that being used as a punching bag bothers ME!
I'm thinking straight jacket? Maybe tie him to the bed? Or, he hits you, you wallop him.

On the other hand, maybe he just needs some TLC (that's what I'd give DW, though I've thought of the other solutions.). Stress could be causing him dreamland distress, which causes you night-time distress.

Stress can manifest itself in many ways. You might talk to him about anything bothering him at work, at home, with his friends, etc. Sometimes, all someone needs is a listening ear. Sometimes, they need the straight jacket.

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North
__________________
“No amount of success outside the home can compensate for failure within the home…"

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 02:47 PM   #4114
Chef Extraordinaire
 
GotGarlic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Southeastern Virginia
Posts: 16,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Longwind Of The North View Post
I'm thinking straight jacket? Maybe tie him to the bed? Or, he hits you, you wallop him.

On the other hand, maybe he just needs some TLC (that's what I'd give DW, though I've thought of the other solutions.). Stress could be causing him dreamland distress, which causes you night-time distress.

Stress can manifest itself in many ways. You might talk to him about anything bothering him at work, at home, with his friends, etc. Sometimes, all someone needs is a listening ear. Sometimes, they need the straight jacket.

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North
I was thinking, kick him to the guest room!
__________________
The trouble with eating Italian food is that five or six days later you're hungry again. ~ George Miller
GotGarlic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 02:48 PM   #4115
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,133
Is he on sleep meds, Carol? Or any other meds? Or as Chief asked, under stress? You might want to have him check with his Dr. if this continues. He's probably sound asleep too, and doesn't know what happened.
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 06:46 AM   #4116
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 3,029
He has always been one to be talking or yelling in his sleep, but until now was never physical. Usually, it's funny. This is not funny, at least not to me! LOL

No sleep meds. Just BP pills. He is still having residual pain from the shingles and takes Advil for that.
__________________
CarolPa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 07:21 AM   #4117
Certified Cake Maniac
 
LPBeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great "Wet" North, Surrey, BC
Posts: 18,941
Carol, I have panic attacks in my sleep where I hit myself, the bed or TB. I am totally unaware I am doing it and he has to wake me to make me stop, which he says is not always easy. I get very upset once I come to as I don't want to hurt him.

Your husband could be having similar attacks and not realize it. His seem a bit different, but it may be an explanation.
__________________
Living gluten/dairy/sugar/fat/caffiene-free and loving it!


http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:20 AM   #4118
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 3,029
DH just looked over my shoulder and saw that I'm telling on him. He got mad! I told him I wanted to make sure if I'm found bludgeoned to death someone will be able to testify against him!
__________________
CarolPa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:24 AM   #4119
Certified Pretend Chef
 
Andy M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 41,395
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPa View Post
DH just looked over my shoulder and saw that I'm telling on him. He got mad! I told him I wanted to make sure if I'm found bludgeoned to death someone will be able to testify against him!

I understand his anger. He assumed this was a private matter between you and him.
__________________
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 12:11 PM   #4120
Master Chef
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: upper midwest
Posts: 5,171
How can I get rid of the ad from Pier 1 imports on either side of the post?
__________________

__________________
Don't let yesterday take up too much of today. Will
Rogers
JoAnn L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.