"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-08-2015, 09:46 AM   #4301
Master Chef

My vent is that we need vents. Yeh, and sometimes we just need them.

Didn't we used to have a topic that was just the opposite of venting, but rather tried to lift each other up? I haven't seen any posts on it for so long that I can't even remember the name of it.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 11:24 AM   #4302
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Longwind Of The North View Post
My vent is that we need vents. Yeh, and sometimes we just need them.

Didn't we used to have a topic that was just the opposite of venting, but rather tried to lift each other up? I haven't seen any posts on it for so long that I can't even remember the name of it.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North
Last Thing That Made You Smile and Venting on a Happy Note, or something along those lines.

Old 07-08-2015, 12:45 PM   #4303
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Longwind Of The North View Post
M...Didn't we used to have a topic that was just the opposite of venting, but rather tried to lift each other up? I haven't seen any posts on it for so long that I can't even remember the name of it...
Maybe you just haven't been looking hard enough? It's been less than a week since Cheryl posted something in "Last thing that made you smile?"

When you're done catching up on happy things there, you might want to have a few chuckles reading through the "Today's Funny" posts, if you have time.
Old 07-10-2015, 11:30 AM   #4304
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
I am so annoyed that more and more threads are becoming shouting matches or venting forums. If you have small thing to crab about, put it into the Petty Vents thread. If you are crabbing about something major, put it in this-here Venting thread.

I miss the nice, friendly DC that used to discuss the topic in the thread. Even Rodney King wised up and said "Can we all get along?" So, can we???

This message was brought to you by NOT The Management, just one crabby, old broad. Thank you.

I live a very boring life. There's nothing I like more than a good shouting match to liven things up. Of course, I try to stay out of them myself. I guess I'm not here often enough because I seem to have missed what you're referring to. Another good reason to keep in touch with DC.
Old 08-03-2015, 06:25 AM   #4305
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Well! @#!$^%!!!

I called the number to check the balance on my debit card and was told there was "an important message" regarding my account. then I was transferred to a customer service representative where a recording saying that they had a heavy volume of calls and to call back later and then they disconnected my call.

According to their website, their response time is 78 minutes!

Since today is a Social Security payday for so many people, I don't think I'll be able to get through today at all.

Now I'm stuck waiting to call back and have to wait and worry.

Of course, I'm ready to go shopping, but I don't dare leave until I know what's going on.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 07:28 AM   #4306
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I finally decided to check my mail (I don't bother going every day).

There is a letter from Direct Express Fraud Services Department.

There was a different phone number and this time it's letting me hold.

Of course, after holding for 10 or 15 minutes it disconnected. I called back immediately, but lost my place in the queue. GRRRRRrrrrr!

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 11:44 AM   #4307
Executive Chef

I don't think today is SS day. They have a new system now that you get your SS on Wednesday's going according to your BD or name. I think only people on SS disability get theirs on the first day of the month.

I hope you get through soon and find out what's going on. That's very annoying. For the fraud department, there should be more open lines. For your sake, I hope it's something stupid, like wanting to sell you fraud protection or something similar.
Old 08-03-2015, 12:14 PM   #4308
Certified Pretend Chef

I've discovered that when SS tells you your check will arrive and when it actually arrives are not related. My check is supposed to arrive on the third Wednesday of the month. I receive it on the first Friday after the 2nd of the month.
Old 08-03-2015, 01:11 PM   #4309
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Z, I hope it's something that can be cleared up quickly and easily. What a PITA, especially since you were going to go shopping today.
Old 08-03-2015, 02:14 PM   #4310
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
Well! @#!$^%!!!

I called the number to check the balance on my debit card and was told there was "an important message" regarding my account...Of course, I'm ready to go shopping, but I don't dare leave until I know what's going on.
There is no pain in the butt like a government-induced pain in the butt. Sure hope you're able to clear this up fast and that there isn't any problem with your account.