"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-28-2011, 07:54 AM   #511
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinlizzie View Post
Sorry, Princess. I left my computer and didn't see your question until this morning. I know enquiring minds need to see these things. The zombie thing was on a C-Span book program (I think that's what it was, anyway); this guy had written a book about international politics and zombies. One of the last questions from the audience was asking why he didn't write about vampires. I am sorry I didn't get an answer for you in a timely way.
That's okay, I was able to catch a lecture on Werewolves and their role in the Culling of Politicians at the State level. Those Vampire kids are all, "Me, me, ,me!" Thanks, anyway!
__________________

__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:17 AM   #512
Head Chef
 
tinlizzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: SW Florida
Posts: 2,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
That's okay, I was able to catch a lecture on Werewolves and their role in the Culling of Politicians at the State level. Those Vampire kids are all, "Me, me, ,me!" Thanks, anyway!
__________________

__________________
No matter how simple it seems, it's complicated.
tinlizzie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 06:11 PM   #513
Everymom
 
Alix's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posts: 23,184
Wow, I'm back venting again. Seems like I go forever without needing it then WHAM.

My vent today is petty, but really, that's what venting is for! I went for an appointment at the Dr's today. (Nothing serious, just follow up) and when I arrived I was informed that my appointment was for 1pm not 215pm. I KNOW that was not my error, I wouldn't make an appt for 1pm when I teach til 2. I offered to make another appt, but was told they would fit me in. I waited for nearly an hour (did I mention my daughter was in the car waiting for me because I was only supposed to be in and out?) and then politely asked to make a new appointment as I had another appointment to get to. I won't bore you with the details, but there were 3 ladies behind the desk and they were all rude as can be. They made me feel like I was a low grade moron and there was never even the slightest acknowledgment that this could have been a clerical error on their part.

I think I was so frosted because I take some pride in being highly organized and scheduled. I color code my freaking daytimer for goodness sakes. In 13 years, I've never missed or been late for an appt there, and yet...my fault. Grrr.

OK, better now. Thanks for letting me get that out of my system.
__________________
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. Robin Williams
Alix
Alix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 07:07 PM   #514
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
Wow, I'm back venting again. Seems like I go forever without needing it then WHAM.

My vent today is petty, but really, that's what venting is for! I went for an appointment at the Dr's today. (Nothing serious, just follow up) and when I arrived I was informed that my appointment was for 1pm not 215pm. I KNOW that was not my error, I wouldn't make an appt for 1pm when I teach til 2. I offered to make another appt, but was told they would fit me in. I waited for nearly an hour (did I mention my daughter was in the car waiting for me because I was only supposed to be in and out?) and then politely asked to make a new appointment as I had another appointment to get to. I won't bore you with the details, but there were 3 ladies behind the desk and they were all rude as can be. They made me feel like I was a low grade moron and there was never even the slightest acknowledgment that this could have been a clerical error on their part.

I think I was so frosted because I take some pride in being highly organized and scheduled. I color code my freaking daytimer for goodness sakes. In 13 years, I've never missed or been late for an appt there, and yet...my fault. Grrr.

OK, better now. Thanks for letting me get that out of my system.
Sounds quite familiar! Last week's stress test was supposed to be today...according to their records I was a week early. The apponitment card said last week...it was done least week...LOL!
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 07:17 PM   #515
Everymom
 
Alix's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posts: 23,184
But was it your fault? Seriously, clerical errors happen all the time, and I am more than happy to acknowledge when I've made the error. Next time I'm going to make them give me an appt card. Unfortunately, I made the appt over the phone last time.
__________________
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. Robin Williams
Alix
Alix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 07:26 PM   #516
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,884
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
But was it your fault? Seriously, clerical errors happen all the time, and I am more than happy to acknowledge when I've made the error. Next time I'm going to make them give me an appt card. Unfortunately, I made the appt over the phone last time.
You could call and confirm the day before the appointment.
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 07:28 PM   #517
Everymom
 
Alix's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posts: 23,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
You could call and confirm the day before the appointment.
Why would I do that?
__________________
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. Robin Williams
Alix
Alix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 07:46 PM   #518
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
Why would I do that?
Right why do that? They should have called you.
Kades
__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 07:50 PM   #519
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,884
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Oh phooie, I just remembered my appointment. I have glaucoma, so I am supposed to have a visual field test every year. I mentioned to the doctor that the reception staff have gone home by the time I leave, so I have to phone for an appointment. They hardly ever answer the phone and they don't respond to voice mail (it's at a hospital). So, she had them make an appointment for me.

I got the appointment slip in the mail. It was for 08:00. Jeez Louise, I live in the 'burbs. I would have to drive an hour in rush hour (20 kms) or an hour to an hour and twenty minutes by public transportation. Problem with public transportation is that I have osteoporosis and I refuse to take public transportation during rush hour. I don't want to stand up on a moving bus, especially a crowded one with people occasionally falling into you.

I eventually got the appointment moved to 10:30 27 January. I forgot all about it because I had to rush off to Copenhagen. Now I have to make another appointment. Phooey. Remember, I said they hardly ever answer the phone or voice mail
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 07:55 PM   #520
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,884
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
Why would I do that?
Though I agree that they should phone you and confirm, it would save you the trip.
__________________

__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.