"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-17-2011, 04:34 AM   #691
Executive Chef

So sorry you had a crummy day LP. You nor your dad needed that extra stress. I had never heard of pay parking at a hospital until several years ago when my mother-in- law was in hospital, had to make sure I had Loonies on me all time. Crazy! If your dad happens to be in Langley Hospital, I can advise you on some free parking. Just guessing, he might be, because I can't remember if White Rock has a pay lot or just street parking. Anyway hope tomorrow is a better day. Stay strong!

Old 05-17-2011, 05:29 AM   #692
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I'm so sorry you had such a rotten day, Laurie. Spill it all here, you'll feel better. You're doing great as always.{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 05:59 AM   #693
Executive Chef

I pray you'll have a better day today. Try to take a deep breath and remember who's really in charge.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:21 AM   #694
Sous Chef

I'm sorry you & your dad had to deal with extra stress! Our bodies, minds and spirits respond to stress by becoming stronger, though, so think how strong you must be by now! Hang in there! And I hope you get a break before your strength is tested again!
Always try to bring a spare set of clothing when you dream about going to work or school. That way, if you encounter someone having that dream where they show up in their underwear, you'll be their hero.
Sprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:59 AM   #695
Certified Cake Maniac

Thanks, everyone. Dad got moved to a ward finally, which take a humungous amount of stress on me. When he was in emergency I needed to be there most of the day and my sister until 9 or 10 when they got him settled for the night. Now the nurses can give him much more attention and I basically need to be there to feed him lunch and meet with the doctor(s).

I met with the head of parking yesterday (who I know from being there all summer last year) and showed him the ticket and receipt. I told him it was taken care of but he might like to see it. He was really ticked off and thanked me for letting him know. I hate getting someone in trouble, but I want to save other people the same aggravation.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:10 AM   #696
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Thanks, everyone. Dad got moved to a ward finally, which take a humungous amount of stress on me. When he was in emergency I needed to be there most of the day and my sister until 9 or 10 when they got him settled for the night. Now the nurses can give him much more attention and I basically need to be there to feed him lunch and meet with the doctor(s).

I met with the head of parking yesterday (who I know from being there all summer last year) and showed him the ticket and receipt. I told him it was taken care of but he might like to see it. He was really ticked off and thanked me for letting him know. I hate getting someone in trouble, but I want to save other people the same aggravation.
I'm glad you are able to relax a bit and not spend so much time at the hospital. Go get your hair done or something.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:58 PM   #697
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I'm glad you are able to relax a bit and not spend so much time at the hospital. Go get your hair done or something.
What you said. Or, a pedicure. Having a foot massage, etc., does wonders.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 01:11 PM   #698
Certified Cake Maniac

Thanks, ladies, but I will settle for getting my piles of laundry folded, the mountain of recycling sorted and taken out, and some healthy cookies made for DH and my lunches! Getting all that out of the way will be a huge relief.

Oh, and I am getting caught up on my food network shows while folding!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 03:56 PM   #699
Chef Extraordinaire

i am sick, sick, sick, of this gloomy cloudy wet weather. it's california for heaven sakes in may. through the week-end they say. all i want to do is nap or read when it is like this. not good for chores. having to force myself. isn't it curious how the weather can affect our moods?
Old 05-18-2011, 06:21 PM   #700
Chef Extraordinaire

Oh you should come to SE Ontario--we've had the coldest and wettest spring...and this whole week the forecast is rain...so far, the weatherman was right. My garden will NEVER get planted if it doesn't stop raining--only one of the gardens was dry enough to rototill before this week of rain arrived...not having the bounty of veggies would be heartbreaking...not to mention add quite a bit to the food budget.