"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-30-2011, 09:49 PM   #711
Traveling Welcome Wagon

3 little letters: AIM

Not necessarily in that order.
:furi ous:

Old 05-31-2011, 12:29 PM   #712
Chef Extraordinaire

I'm not venting--I'm crying. I've been involved with dog rescue since 1998. I've held more dogs in my arms as they've left this world than the average person. I lost my dear canine companion of 13 years in October. Tomorrow, I will say good-bye to yet another dear canine companion. She has a tumor on her spleen. She's 11. I can't afford the surgery (and even if I could, I don't know that I'd have it done on a Giant her age). I will miss her so. She talks--I kid you not. I make a noise, she makes almost the same noise back. She is what I call an "old soul." She is my "Barbie dog" (she loves to wear bandanas...she would wait for me to finish sewing one and then prance around the house...oh--I'll miss her). I moved my office this weekend upstairs because she can't do stairs anymore. I knew I wouldn't be able to work without her behind my chair and I knew our days were numbered--but I didn't think they were this numbered. At least now I have the money to pay the vet--last time, a friend had to loan me the money. And, I can let her go with dignity and respect in the arms of the person who loved her most.

Old 05-31-2011, 01:56 PM   #713
Senior Cook

Send a message via Yahoo to Stubbs
Well I think we all have something to vent about. It a part of life I think lol. Im just trying not to let myself get all upset with my ADHD child. Any suggestions?
Old 05-31-2011, 02:02 PM   #714
Head Chef

I'm so sorry for you both CWS4322. We've had to do that several times and are looking at more in the next few years as we have 4 seniors. The only good thing about it is at least we are able to give that kindness to our fur kids when it's too much bad stuff to continue to live.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:41 PM   #715
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
I'm not venting--I'm crying. I've been involved with dog rescue since 1998. I've held more dogs in my arms as they've left this world than the average person. I lost my dear canine companion of 13 years in October. Tomorrow, I will say good-bye to yet another dear canine companion. She has a tumor on her spleen. She's 11. I can't afford the surgery (and even if I could, I don't know that I'd have it done on a Giant her age). I will miss her so. She talks--I kid you not. I make a noise, she makes almost the same noise back. She is what I call an "old soul." She is my "Barbie dog" (she loves to wear bandanas...she would wait for me to finish sewing one and then prance around the house...oh--I'll miss her). I moved my office this weekend upstairs because she can't do stairs anymore. I knew I wouldn't be able to work without her behind my chair and I knew our days were numbered--but I didn't think they were this numbered. At least now I have the money to pay the vet--last time, a friend had to loan me the money. And, I can let her go with dignity and respect in the arms of the person who loved her most.
CS,
I know how you're hueting,please know what you are going to do is th sweetest kindest thing you could do for your baby. I had to do it with my maggie the hurt is still there and it's been 5 years. I loved that dog to pieces and she loved only me.Time will soften the pain make it bearable and you will have dear memories to remember your baby. Be brave fill your heart with love take a picture and remember love will give you the courage to go forth.
kadesma
Old 05-31-2011, 07:05 PM   #716
Chef Extraordinaire

It's just I've done this so many times (I have more urns of ashes of rescue dogs...I've picked out hers...and made her chicken breast, broccoli, mushroom, cheese, tomatoes, and turkey gravy and pasta for her last supper...). It never gets easier. It is the greatest act of love to let her go--bleeding out is a very painful death and an image that remains with you. I've had two rescue dogs die that way while in the emerg clinic. I don't ever want to experience that again. My dear friend who is our rescue vet almost quit being a vet after the 2nd one.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:07 PM   #717
Senior Cook

I don't think it will ever get easier. But that wht makes u the person u are for u care so much. Im praying!
Old 05-31-2011, 09:10 PM   #718
Executive Chef

I spilled half a dozen different things (coffee grounds, coffee, milk, water, cat food, detergent) the first hour I was up this morning, which was a portent of things to come.

Less than two hours later the computer monitor died a quick but painful death (to the tune of $173.62 to purchase a replacement), my prescription medicine wasn't ready at the pharmacy in spite of five days advance notice, and I then recieved a telephone call from a very close childhood friend reporting his mother had just passed away.

I've had better days!
Old 05-31-2011, 09:32 PM   #719
Senior Cook

Oh im so sorry to hear about your day. But the good news is it can only get better.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:03 PM   #720
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selkie View Post
I spilled half a dozen different things (coffee grounds, coffee, milk, water, cat food, detergent) the first hour I was up this morning, which was a portent of things to come.

Less than two hours later the computer monitor died a quick but painful death (to the tune of $173.62 to purchase a replacement), my prescription medicine wasn't ready at the pharmacy in spite of five days advance notice, and I then recieved a telephone call from a very close childhood friend reporting his mother had just passed away.

I've had better days!
Sorry about your bad day, Selkie. Hopefully you got it all on the one day and tomorrow will be wonderful.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote