"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-16-2011, 02:13 PM   #851
Certified Pretend Chef

Agreed

Old 06-16-2011, 02:18 PM   #852
Sous Chef

I wonder,,,, after the gore in the coliseum, did the Romans riot?

perhaps it should be played as "hockey-finals-to-the-death"?

Old 06-16-2011, 08:32 PM   #853
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesfolk View Post
As an American I tend to think of Canadians as more civilized, more well mannered than we are. So the post really surprised me. I know those things tend to happen when any Detroit team (my home state team) loses but I was amazed to hear of that sort of thing happening in Canada. I guess we are all fallible human beings. Just wish we could all be more civilized.
It was a group of people who had planned this all out ahead of time and didn't care if the Canucks won or lost. That is the sad part - they ruined it for everyone who was genuine.

But your last statement there is sadly true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcSaute View Post
I wonder,,,, after the gore in the coliseum, did the Romans riot? perhaps it should be played as "hockey-finals-to-the-death"?
With some of the injuries that hockey players are receiving these days it is too close to that for comfort already.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:57 PM   #854
Chef Extraordinaire

grrr another bummer of a day sewing. makes me nuts!!
Old 06-18-2011, 07:46 AM   #855
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
grrr another bummer of a day sewing. makes me nuts!!
And yet, Babetoo, if someone came and took away all your sewing supplies & your machine, you would no doubt long to have them again, frustrations and all.

You're an inspiration with your many projects, and I hope you'll be able to post photos one of these days.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:58 PM   #856
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Elderly opinionated mother + horrid evil sister who despises same + self-centered/scattered SIL + clueless brother + clueless DH + adorable 3 yr old niece with boundless energy + extremely tolerant and well-behaved dog + 6 hour drive through big city traffic = Shriek!!! Scream!!! Ripping out of hair!!! Looking for nearest bridge to leap from for a merciful release. Family reunions ( at least mine) totally suck!!!

Finally arrived home following another 6 hour drive through big city traffic. Dog and I are no longer shaking. Horrible weekend. Never again!
Old 06-20-2011, 10:06 PM   #857
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Elderly opinionated mother + horrid evil sister who despises same + self-centered/scattered SIL + clueless brother + clueless DH + adorable 3 yr old niece with boundless energy + extremely tolerant and well-behaved dog + 6 hour drive through big city traffic = Shriek!!! Scream!!! Ripping out of hair!!! Looking for nearest bridge to leap from for a merciful release. Family reunions ( at least mine) totally suck!!!

Finally arrived home following another 6 hour drive through big city traffic. Dog and I are no longer shaking. Horrible weekend. Never again!
Sounds like you, Dog and Niece should take a second car next time.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:12 PM   #858
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60

Sounds like you, Dog and Niece should take a second car next time.
Yeah. My right eye is still twitching. We all descended to visit said niece who lives in the city along with bro and SIL. Had to import the rest of us.

Quoth the raven: Nevermore. Good grief, it was horrid.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:30 AM   #859
Executive Chef

I was laid off as a kitchen manager on Sunday. My boss has finally decided to throw in the towel. She is being hounded by her former partners over money, shares, etc.. She tried very hard to make things go this past year. I don't blame her one bit, and believe that she will be better off without the stress. I hope her nothing but the best.

I can pick up some drumming jobs that I used to pass up because of cooking. Musician and cook isn't a good combination. One job has me getting home at 2 a.m. while the other has me up at 5 a.m. Plus, I already have a message on my machine from a guy I know who owns a meat shop deli type place. He asked me to come and work for him before, but I was just getting going with this last restaurant.
Oh, well, I will enjoy sitting in my boxers drinking coffee until 10 a.m. as long as I can.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:34 AM   #860
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocklobster View Post
I was laid off as a kitchen manager on Sunday. My boss has finally decided to throw in the towel. She is being hounded by her former partners over money, shares, etc.. She tried very hard to make things go this past year. I don't blame her one bit, and believe that she will be better off without the stress. I hope her nothing but the best.

I can pick up some drumming jobs that I used to pass up because of cooking. Musician and cook isn't a good combination. One job has me getting home at 2 a.m. while the other has me up at 5 a.m. Plus, I already have a message on my machine from a guy I know who owns a meat shop deli type place. He asked me to come and work for him before, but I was just getting going with this last restaurant.
Oh, well, I will enjoy sitting in my boxers drinking coffee until 10 a.m. as long as I can.

That stinks for both of you. Sounds like you have some options available that will keep the wolf from the door. I wish you luck in finding the right situation.