"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-21-2011, 11:36 AM   #861
Everymom

RL, I'm sorry that happened. Hope you are able to enjoy your "boxer time" without too much stress. The right work will come to you when you are ready.

Old 06-21-2011, 11:36 AM   #862
Executive Chef

Thanks, Andy. One thing about being a cook, is that it isn't great money, but there is always work. So far, anyway.

Thanks, Alix. Part of me would like to take some summer time off, but I don't want to get too comfortable. And, I never want to pass up potential employment. You never know when, or if, there will be another offer.

Old 06-21-2011, 12:33 PM   #863
Certified Cake Maniac

Rock, I am very sorry to hear this and have been thinking about you since you mentioned it might be a possibility awhile ago. I will continue those thoughts for you and your ex-boss as you both head into your next phases. I know you don't want to get complacent but do try to enjoy a little down time too. I am sure you need it!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:12 PM   #864
Chef Extraordinaire

Awww--sorry to hear that. And, I've made a note not to drop in before 10:00 a.m.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:21 PM   #865
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
Awww--sorry to hear that. And, I've made a note not to drop in before 10:00 a.m.

Old 06-21-2011, 09:47 PM   #866
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I am furious! I got an email from Firefox telling me to download the newest version 5.0. I did so. All my Favorites are GONE! I don't do Bookmark. I still have a file of favorites because I still use them in IE8, which I still have to have because Firefox 4.0 upgrade doesn't support yahoo!

I even did a system restore to a couple of days ago to get back on the Firefox 4.0 I had before, but NOOOooooo. It's gone for good too. Just like when they put out IE8 and you can't revert back to the good old IE7 which actually worked! It also took my colorful tabs - Not Compatible. Now I have the grayed out tabs that you cannot read.

Don't upgrade!!!!!!!!!! I thought that any upgrade would at least fix the problems with the previous upgrade, but not so.

I found "Tidy Favorites" add-on which is supposed to be compatible. Even though I unloaded it, it won't tell me how to set it up. AAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH (to quote Alix).

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 10:07 PM   #867
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara
I am furious! I got an email from Firefox telling me to download the newest version 5.0. I did so. All my Favorites are GONE! I don't do Bookmark. I still have a file of favorites because I still use them in IE8, which I still have to have because Firefox 4.0 upgrade doesn't support yahoo!

I even did a system restore to a couple of days ago to get back on the Firefox 4.0 I had before, but NOOOooooo. It's gone for good too. Just like when they put out IE8 and you can't revert back to the good old IE7 which actually worked! It also took my colorful tabs - Not Compatible. Now I have the grayed out tabs that you cannot read.

Don't upgrade!!!!!!!!!! I thought that any upgrade would at least fix the problems with the previous upgrade, but not so.

I found "Tidy Favorites" add-on which is supposed to be compatible. Even though I unloaded it, it won't tell me how to set it up. AAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH (to quote Alix).
Zhizara, I feel your pain! AOL and Firefox did the same thing to me, and I hate it! Went online for solutions, and there is apparently nothing we can do. Did system restore, etc, nada.

Creeps.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:49 PM   #868
Everymom

Holy moly. I am so sorry to hear that! Thank you though for saving me from upgrading! Yikes! I'd have been one unhappy camper without my bookmarks!

Old 06-21-2011, 10:56 PM   #869
Certified Cake Maniac

Alix, I upgraded successfully before this. I did not lose anything but I think Z is saying she doesn't use bookmarks. I am finding the new version okay on my XP, but haven't switched yet on my netbook which has Windows 7.

Z, I do feel your pain. I have had things like that happen to me that make you feel sick all over. I had two hard drive crashes and in between them our sophisticated backup system wasn't working and we didn't know. I lost my entire family tree....thankfully much of it was printed as well.

Old 06-22-2011, 12:01 AM   #870
Traveling Welcome Wagon

I have read recently that a lot of people are having problems with the Firefox upgrade.