"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-23-2010, 02:04 PM   #81
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I can no longer take Ibuprofen (or any of it's cousins) for my osetoarthritis. The Doc gave me one of the lower tier narcotics, combined with acetominophen (Tylenol). Which means, when I am really hurting, I can't take my long-acting Tylenol, which gives me relief for 8 hours. I've got to get him to order me the narc without tylenol!!!

I think shoulder pain is the worst...but then, I haven't experienced knee pain, yet!

Old 10-28-2010, 03:50 PM   #82
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Unhappy Copying recipes to edit & I HATE HP.

There was a topic recently about how we all save recipes we find on line. Of course I can't find it now! I was and still am having a problem with being able to copy and paste some recipes to a document page so I can adjust the font and font size into something I can read. Someone told me how to do it, but of course, I didn't write it down and can't find the post. Can someone help?

Many receipes copy and paste to a blank document just fine, but lots don't. I just printed out a Bisquick recipe from their newsletter. I'd need a magnifying glass to read it.

About that HP. I printed out LPB's recipe and it came out beautiful, nice and sharp. Now HP said my ink was low and refused to print the Bisquick recipe. I KNOW there's still ink in there. I'm used to using my ink up until it becomes so faint you can't read it. They are stealing my money by making me get more ink when I don't need it yet. I have other issues with them because of all the add ons and popups that come with installing their printers.

Fortunately I had a spare set of new cartridges.

There! I feel better.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 04:19 PM   #83
Certified Pretend Chef

Sometimes when I copy and paste recipe to a MS Word document, the recipe pastes as a table rather than text. You see lines around the outside of the text. The text is in a "box".

If that's your problem, here's how I fix it:

When I want to copy a recipe from a recipe site, I first click on the PRINT RECIPE button. This allows you to avoid having to deal with the rest of the stuff in the window. On the new window, I highlight the recipe and use the COPY command. Then I go to a blank WORD document and use the PASTE command.

After you paste the recipe into WORD, click on the text anywhere then go to the Menu Bar and click on TABLE then SELECT then TABLE. The whole table will be highlighted.

Click on TABLE again then CONVERT then TABLE TO TEXT. A small window will open. Don't worry about what to select. Just click on OK.

That should do the trick. Now you can treat it any way you want to change font, type size, etc.

Hope that helped.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:29 PM   #84
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Thanks, Andy, but what happens is the Works stops working, and gives me a message to that effect. I'll copy your instructions, though because I have run into that before. fortunately this site lets me copy and paste with no problem. Handy for copying recipes I like.

Thanks for your help. :)

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 04:36 PM   #85
Certified Pretend Chef

I didn't realize it stopped working. I'm not sure why. If you are using WORKS word processing rather than WORD, the commands/steps I listed may not be the same for you.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:54 AM   #86
Head Chef

OMG,OMG, OMGGG...My own kids are driving me crazy alll the time these days,it seems they are screaming and shouting at the top of their voices all the time,plus the fighting,pinching,biting each other,its driving me completely insane,sure they are cute and i love them etc etc,but sometimes this is just too much for me,i long for a moment of peace which is becoming harder and harder to get when they are home from school.i'm almost numb and weirdly lethargic from the yelling and fighting right now!i just wanna run and hide somewhere for like only half an hourrrrrr....that will recharge me for the next round...:
Old 11-03-2010, 09:57 AM   #87
Head Chef

ohhhhh,that was like a splash of cold water onto my burning heart...
Old 11-03-2010, 10:05 AM   #88
Everymom

Sarah, oh I have been there! Fear not, this too shall pass! (Usually at bedtime!) And they will return to being the angels you have always thought they were.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:14 AM   #89
Head Chef

yeah Alix that much is true,i always forget about my frustration and anger once they fall asleep at night,they sure do look like innocent angels,and i almost feel sorry for being mad and strict with them,but then when they wake up the next day...it starts all over again...
Old 11-03-2010, 10:19 AM   #90
Everymom

I found that turning the radio up REALLY LOUD often had the desired effect both of drowning them out, and cluing them in to their irritating behaviour. LOL!