"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-08-2011, 10:37 AM   #961
Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post

Me too. Do you know your blood type? I read that they prefer type O.
I'm pretty sure that's true. I'm O neg and am currently eaten alive by mosqitos.

Old 07-08-2011, 11:14 AM   #962
Executive Chef

My blood is A- . They must like that too, because if a mosquito is around, it finds me. Funny story, when my son was on chemo therapy for a year he didn't get bit. They would land on him without biting and then just fly over to me for a meal!

Old 07-09-2011, 07:36 PM   #963
Chef Extraordinaire

I'm A+. My husband is 0- (too bad he faints at the sight of blood, he should be a blood donor). They don't bite him like they bite me. I have bites the size of chocolate chips on my arms, my legs, and my back. I have deer fly "welts" on my feet. I am a magnet for biting/stinging insects, and I take vit B complex! I hate, hate, hate these critters!
Old 07-09-2011, 09:33 PM   #964
Everymom

I'm O- and they freaking LOVE me.
Old 07-17-2011, 01:57 PM   #965
Chef Extraordinaire

Why don't people get their cats spayed! I went to the village today to get a couple of things. On the way back, there was a tiny kitten on the road. At first I thought it might be a baby fisher...two other vehicles stopped--one was going to take it to the local dog catcher (he shoots unclaimed dogs after 3 days...I hear the shots). Even though I can't have a kitten (the DH's dog has high prey-drive), I said I'd take it to kitten rescue (rather than have the poundkeeper drown it--doubt he'd "waste" a bullet on it). Its eyes are open, but it fits in the palm of my hand. A friend does kitten rescue, but he's 1.5 hours away and can't meet me 1/2 way--he's busy (like I'm not). It's hot, I don't want to get in the van and drive for 3 hours (I have work to finish for deliverables tomorrow at 3:00 a.m.). I don't have a kitten bottle--there isn't anyplace I can buy one to bottle feed the kitten, or the "mix" that one should feed a kitten...Why do I have to spend 3 hours on the road in 34C heat delivering a kitten to kitten rescue!!!! If you let your cat outside, and it isn't spayed, please consider doing so. There are far too many unwanted pets in the world. Now that I've got that off my chest, I'd better finish working so I can hit the road.
Old 07-17-2011, 02:28 PM   #966
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

That is so kind of you, CWS. Unweaned kittens can be very hard to care for. Poor little thing.

Wish folks would remember to neuter their males too. Seems to be a macho thing for some.

I remember a show or something where someone used a rubber glove as a bottle, with a small hole in one of the fingers. They say no cow's milk or syringes.

Best of luck, so nice of you to care!
Old 07-17-2011, 02:42 PM   #967
Chef Extraordinaire

My husband is driving out from the City to pick up the kitten and take it to kitten rescue. Poor thing. I have puppy esbiliac (I figure a little of this wouldn't hurt--not ideal), but no bottle...a bit scared about using a syringe...I tried a wet wash cloth to get some water in the poor thing...it didn't suckle it. I just hope the DH gets here soon. I have about 5 hours of work that I have to have done by 3:00 a.m. and don't have time to be a kitten rescue person! Yeah--neuter the males too. I saw a cat about a month ago on the property--I said--she's pregnant. Guess I was right...
Old 07-17-2011, 10:19 PM   #968
Head Chef

maybe you guys can help me with this. i have never been a great typist though I get by. but I have a problem with capitals especially at the beginning of sentences or with the letter I. Even though I depress the shift key most of the time i end up with a lower case letter. Then I have to go back and correct all of my mistakes or leave it and look like a moron. It drives me up a wall and it happens no matter what I am typing on. There must be a keyboarding teacher out there or maybe a super typist who knows an exercise or a tip that will train me to depress the shift key harder though practice just doesn't seem to do the trick. I am leaving in some of the mistakes so that you can get the idea. i'll look forward to any replies.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:53 PM   #969
Chef Extraordinaire

i only type in lower case. makes me crazy to do the caps. so i just don't. it is a privilege of old age.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:57 PM   #970
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
i only type in lower case. makes me crazy to do the caps. so i just don't. it is a privilege of old age.
I'll remember that one when it's time!