Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
RL, I'm sorry that happened. Hope you are able to enjoy your "boxer time" without too much stress. The right work will come to you when you are ready.

Thanks, Andy. One thing about being a cook, is that it isn't great money, but there is always work. So far, anyway.

Thanks, Alix. Part of me would like to take some summer time off, but I don't want to get too comfortable. And, I never want to pass up potential employment. You never know when, or if, there will be another offer.

Last edited:
Rock, I am very sorry to hear this and have been thinking about you since you mentioned it might be a possibility awhile ago. I will continue those thoughts for you and your ex-boss as you both head into your next phases. I know you don't want to get complacent but do try to enjoy a little down time too. I am sure you need it!

I am furious! I got an email from Firefox telling me to download the newest version 5.0. I did so. All my Favorites are GONE! I don't do Bookmark. I still have a file of favorites because I still use them in IE8, which I still have to have because Firefox 4.0 upgrade doesn't support yahoo!

I even did a system restore to a couple of days ago to get back on the Firefox 4.0 I had before, but NOOOooooo. It's gone for good too. Just like when they put out IE8 and you can't revert back to the good old IE7 which actually worked! It also took my colorful tabs - Not Compatible. Now I have the grayed out tabs that you cannot read.

Don't upgrade!!!!!!!!!! I thought that any upgrade would at least fix the problems with the previous upgrade, but not so.

I found "Tidy Favorites" add-on which is supposed to be compatible. Even though I unloaded it, it won't tell me how to set it up. AAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH (to quote Alix).

Last edited:
Zhizara said:
I am furious! I got an email from Firefox telling me to download the newest version 5.0. I did so. All my Favorites are GONE! I don't do Bookmark. I still have a file of favorites because I still use them in IE8, which I still have to have because Firefox 4.0 upgrade doesn't support yahoo!

I even did a system restore to a couple of days ago to get back on the Firefox 4.0 I had before, but NOOOooooo. It's gone for good too. Just like when they put out IE8 and you can't revert back to the good old IE7 which actually worked! It also took my colorful tabs - Not Compatible. Now I have the grayed out tabs that you cannot read.

Don't upgrade!!!!!!!!!! I thought that any upgrade would at least fix the problems with the previous upgrade, but not so.

I found "Tidy Favorites" add-on which is supposed to be compatible. Even though I unloaded it, it won't tell me how to set it up. AAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH (to quote Alix).

Zhizara, I feel your pain! AOL and Firefox did the same thing to me, and I hate it! Went online for solutions, and there is apparently nothing we can do. Did system restore, etc, nada.

Creeps.

Holy moly. I am so sorry to hear that! Thank you though for saving me from upgrading! Yikes! I'd have been one unhappy camper without my bookmarks!

Alix, I upgraded successfully before this. I did not lose anything but I think Z is saying she doesn't use bookmarks. I am finding the new version okay on my XP, but haven't switched yet on my netbook which has Windows 7.

Z, I do feel your pain. I have had things like that happen to me that make you feel sick all over. I had two hard drive crashes and in between them our sophisticated backup system wasn't working and we didn't know. I lost my entire family tree....thankfully much of it was printed as well.

A few months ago I started having little twinges in my side (in the back around where I assume my kidney is) when I rolled over in bed. Instead of going away, they got a little worse, and I started having them if I moved certain ways when I was up as well. I didn't say anything when I saw the doctor because it still wasn't much of a problem, and I really just forgot about it.

Now, however, the pain is getting much worse. It kept me awake much of the night last night, and it woke me up a few times. The pain has gotten really bad, like someone is trying to give my kidney an "Indian Burn" (twisting it both ways with their hands). I'm not having any other of the signs I have read about kidney problems, and my kidney stones (which I haven't had for awhile) never originated in my kidneys. The pain usually hits in such a way that I cry out, so James knows it isn't "nothing." I have a very high tolerance to pain (which is probably why I am usually in need of surgery or hospitalization when I finally go to the doctor for something painful! LOL).

Anyway...

I'm just griping about the pain for now, but yes I am going to see the doctor about it. I have an appointment for Thursday morning. I just needed to complain for a minute. :wacko:

A few months ago I started having little twinges in my side (in the back around where I assume my kidney is) when I rolled over in bed. Instead of going away, they got a little worse, and I started having them if I moved certain ways when I was up as well. I didn't say anything when I saw the doctor because it still wasn't much of a problem, and I really just forgot about it.

Now, however, the pain is getting much worse. It kept me awake much of the night last night, and it woke me up a few times. The pain has gotten really bad, like someone is trying to give my kidney an "Indian Burn" (twisting it both ways with their hands). I'm not having any other of the signs I have read about kidney problems, and my kidney stones (which I haven't had for awhile) never originated in my kidneys. The pain usually hits in such a way that I cry out, so James knows it isn't "nothing." I have a very high tolerance to pain (which is probably why I am usually in need of surgery or hospitalization when I finally go to the doctor for something painful! LOL).

Anyway...

I'm just griping about the pain for now, but yes I am going to see the doctor about it. I have an appointment for Thursday morning. I just needed to complain for a minute. :wacko:

I thought my elbow was getting better until I leaned on it today...I hope you figure it out, Barbara.

I thought my elbow was getting better until I leaned on it today...I hope you figure it out, Barbara.
If it is just some kind of muscle spasms I can learn to live with them, but I just don't need any other health issues right now! I don't feel sick, so that's a good thing.

You obviously haven't been listening to the song. It does not say, "Lean on your elbow when you're not strong." It says, "Lean on me!" :cool: Take care of your arm!

If it is just some kind of muscle spasms I can learn to live with them, but I just don't need any other health issues right now! I don't feel sick, so that's a good thing.

You obviously haven't been listening to the song. It does not say, "Lean on your elbow when you're not strong." It says, "Lean on me!" :cool: Take care of your arm!

I...can't...reach...you...!!! Want a ride on my bike? I'll let you ring the bell!:)

I will have to go read it too. I get so remiss about that! I am starting mine back up soon so at least I will be in the neighbourhood.

My wimpy vent - I am loosing the nail off my thumb. I have no idea why, what I did or even when it started. But nothing we have tried will stop it. There is an area that looks like there might be a sliver in it, but there isn't - or maybe it is infected. Now, the cuticle which is still far from the problem is starting to discolour and hurt, and there are tiny scratches on the skin beneath the cuticle which are red and sore.

DH keeps saying I should see about it but between ER trips for my asthma, going to visit my Dad and dealing with his doctors, I don't have the time or inclination to add any more to the mix. But I don't want to lose my nail. And you don't realize how much you use your thumb until you can't.

Told you it was wimpy, but I feel better for getting it out.

I was able to copy my Favorites file to the bookmarks. It's awkward, but usable.

It just think it was really irresponsible to offer an upgrade that didn't fix what was wrong with the previous version.

Back
Top Bottom