Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Now my vent:

I picked up fleas at a restaurant frequented by middle-aged to elderly upper-middle-class/lower-upper-class customers? Is nowhere safe? I stripped the bed, and am keeping DD out of our bedroom DH comes home in an hour and can vacuum everything, including the bed. DH slept next to me all night and has no bites, so I'm hopeful, but I have these horrible visions of treating a house infested with fleas, or something even worse. I keep imagining having to find a place to stay for a couple days while we bomb the place, then having to rewash every article of clothing since I'm pregnant and not supposed to be anywhere near chemicals like that. I just finished washing and organizing all of the new baby's clothes, as well as reorganizing all of my daughter's to make room for everything. Am I going to have to re-wash

Sprout
If you do have fleas borax is helpful in getting rid of them. I have never used it on elderly upper middle class fleas but, I have had good results on young working class fleas.
Good luck and don't worry about them. This will make a good story to tell the baby in years to come.

Wow, Sprout, what an ordeal!

Last year, after returning from a wedding in Joisey, I awoke to find itchy red bumps all over my legs and arms. DH did not have any. Fearing the worst, I researched bedbugs, stripped the bed and boiled the sheets, vacuumed the bed and everything else, vaselined the bed feet, and called Pest Control. The owner, a former colleague, came out and inspected everything. He ruled out both bedbugs and fleas (btw, he said to wear white socks if you suspect fleas, they show up on white socks as blood specks.) Then he asked if I had been doing yard work. I had, and had not showered immediately afterward. Have not had a problem since.

You might try the white sock trick, and have a pest inspector come out to take a look. If they don't have to treat, it won't cost you (I wasn't charged.)

Good luck!

Sorry you have to spend your "day off" in pain. LPB. At least you won't have to try and function. Take it easy and feel better soon!
Thanks, Z. I did do a few errands because I had to, and ended up getting a homeopathic remedy from our Organic Store. Wow, within an hour the pain was better and I took a couple in the night and while it was still not perfect, got a better sleep than I have had for nights. The pain and swelling are still there, but this is far better than any prescription or over the counter medication I could ever get.

Thanks, Z. I did do a few errands because I had to, and ended up getting a homeopathic remedy from our Organic Store. Wow, within an hour the pain was better and I took a couple in the night and while it was still not perfect, got a better sleep than I have had for nights. The pain and swelling are still there, but this is far better than any prescription or over the counter medication I could ever get.
Glad it helped sweetie. I'm pretty sore too. My arm from wrist to shoulder is the most beautiful purple ever. Sore you bet, hand is still numb but getting better. How is dad doing? Take care feel better
ma

Oh, Ma, you take care of yourself. Purple is my favourite colour, but not on your skin!

I am this weird person who has watched everyone I know get selected for jury duty (some went and some didn't) and secretly I always wished it was me. So, I get this letter that I have been selected for a Coroner's Inquest......now that would be super interesting! But because I am my Dad's primary care giver, I am ineligible. Even if I want to I can't. I am not blaming my Dad of course, but I am disappointed.

I told you I was weird! :wacko::LOL:

kadesma said:
Glad it helped sweetie. I'm pretty sore too. My arm from wrist to shoulder is the most beautiful purple ever. Sore you bet, hand is still numb but getting better. How is dad doing? Take care feel better
ma

Oh my. What did you do? Get better soon, Kades!

Oh my. What did you do? Get better soon, Kades!
I had an access put in for dialysis. It takes about 2-6 weeks to get big enough to use. The surgery was on the 21st. and I'm still very sore. but it will get better and the brusing will lessen. The only think is the access will look really ugly in several years. But it has to be so I can live. right now I have an access in my chest near my collar bone. Not pretty but it works. I'm praying this one works. So far the pulse is working great. Fingers crossed it keeps on. Geez I think I gave you more infor than you asked for:LOL:
kades

kadesma said:
I had an access put in for dialysis. It takes about 2-6 weeks to get big enough to use. The surgery was on the 21st. and I'm still very sore. but it will get better and the brusing will lessen. The only think is the access will look really ugly in several years. But it has to be so I can live. right now I have an access in my chest near my collar bone. Not pretty but it works. I'm praying this one works. So far the pulse is working great. Fingers crossed it keeps on. Geez I think I gave you more infor than you asked for:LOL:
kades

Good gravy! :flowers::flowers::angel::hugs: I pray this works for you too! Wow, the stuff they do to you. Hope it makes you feel better. Thinking of you!

Oh, Ma, you take care of yourself. Purple is my favourite colour, but not on your skin!

I am this weird person who has watched everyone I know get selected for jury duty (some went and some didn't) and secretly I always wished it was me. So, I get this letter that I have been selected for a Coroner's Inquest......now that would be super interesting! But because I am my Dad's primary care giver, I am ineligible. Even if I want to I can't. I am not blaming my Dad of course, but I am disappointed.

You are so weird. I got a letter for jury duty during finals week...um, DUH! That would have been a waste of my tuition, missing finals. You wouldn't believe the hoops I had to jump to get out of it. Now that I could do it, I never get a letter.

"I am this weird person who has watched everyone I know get selected for jury duty (some went and some didn't) and secretly I always wished it was me. So, I get this letter that I have been selected for a Coroner's Inquest......now that would be super interesting! But because I am my Dad's primary care giver, I am ineligible. Even if I want to I can't. I am not blaming my Dad of course, but I am disappointed.

What does one do at a Coroner's inquest? I'd say I haven't been called for jury duty in a while, but I'd probably receive one in the mailbox asap. So I didn't really say that.:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
CJ, I turn blue all over too when I'm stuck. Adding to that, my veins literally disappear the moment they know we are heading for blood work. A time or two back they took it from the top of my left hand and it looked as though it would never heal and stayed blue for well into the second month. After that, my doctor told me to always drink a 12 oz glass of water before going for blood work. It seemed to help. I think I'm the one who gets the new person to practice on.

CJ, I turn blue all over too when I'm stuck. Adding to that, my veins literally disappear the moment they know we are heading for blood work. A time or two back they took it from the top of my left hand and it looked as though it would never heal and stayed blue for well into the second month. After that, my doctor told me to always drink a 12 oz glass of water before going for blood work. It seemed to help. I think I'm the one who gets the new person to practice on.

I tell them exactly where to poke me to get blood and they always pick somewhere else to start first. Four pokes later they finally use the site I told them to use in the first place. :wacko:

PrincessFiona60 said:
I tell them exactly where to poke me to get blood and they always pick somewhere else to start first. Four pokes later they finally use the site I told them to use in the first place. :wacko:

I too have disappearing veins. Poke, poke, poke. Once they had to call a guy in off the golf course to come in and find a vein after several others failed. I hope he washed his hands first. The only ones who get it right are through our wellness program at work.

Getting in the lousy vein line.....ack. I insist they use the back of my hand now with a butterfly needle. "They" think it hurts more there, and how wrong they are because but they aren't me! Licia, if you apply pressure to the butterfly needle spot for several minutes, it works like a charm with no bruising.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom