Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BH&G is just as bad. I keep getting OFFERS? to renew my subscription that runs out May 2012 for myself and gifts for 2 others? Also, some of those charities that send GIFTS and remind me later that I didn't sent them a donation. I have enough labels to last me over 100 years and I don't want them or their other gifts. Some of these charities are worthy causes but we certainly can't support everyone that sends labels.

This is more of a quibble than a vent. I get annoyed with the AARP people --

Here's how I handle mailings.

I pay $100 a year for a box at a "UPS Store" that is one mile from my house. They will weed out and throw away anything that is junk mail and sign for any packages and keep them in a secure, air conditioned room until I pick them up. They email me when a package arrives.

I've changed my mailing address for any mail I wish to receive to that address.

On trash day, I take great pleasure in pulling one of the trash cans up to the street mail box.

I pull all the junk out, (usually about 50 pieces of junk mail), and throw them from the mail box to the trash can. It takes me about 60 seconds to quickly look through it for stuff like tax mailings from the county. They have to send it to the home address.

It's worth the $100 a year to me.

Just got off the phone with the insurance company that covers my car. I bought a new car the end of July and kept calling them because I never got a bill. I was concerned I wasn't actually covered.

Last week I finally got a bill.
Four days later I got another bill for a different (higher) amount
Four days later I got another bill for another different (higher) amount.

Today I called them to find out what was going on. Among other things, they had changed my coverages, lowering my deductibles on two different coverage items and increasing my coverage on another. That all raised my bill by almost $200 per year. They could offer no explanation as to why this might happen.

After some discussion, I changed them to where they should have been. I will be getting yet another bill for a more appropriate amount in about a week.

I think it's time to look for alternate providers.

Fi, be careful what you wish for, I'd be happy to go back to "pre-menopause. I'd get some more blankets for Shrek if I were you cause you are going to want that window OPEN!! Lol!!

I just want the temp regulation to get stuck on hot or cool or just right...the back and forth is driving me nuts. The hot flashes could melt Fairbanks, Alaska in 5 minutes...then my feet get cold...Make up my mind!!!!:ermm:

Speaking of AARP...I've been a member since I was 40...courtesy of Shrek...now they come to me personally...:huh:

I lost!

I lost my battle with keeping my diabetes under control with diet. Tomorrow morning I start using Metformin (glucophage). Oh well, it was bound to happen, I've been struggling with it for about 3 years, borderline for 13 years.

I lost my battle with keeping my diabetes under control with diet. Tomorrow morning I start using Metformin (glucophage). Oh well, it was bound to happen, I've been struggling with it for about 3 years, borderline for 13 years.
PF,
before kidney problems I used metformin{glucophage) it was wonderful The only prob was 2 weeks ofit bothering me with gas. Which happens to many, I lost a lot of weight using it but I loved it. Good luc and don't let this bother you yo will be fine.
kades

Well, rats. That diabetes is a wily foe - glad you have good ammunition on your side .

PF,
before kidney problems I used metformin{glucophage) it was wonderful The only prob was 2 weeks ofit bothering me with gas. Which happens to many, I lost a lot of weight using it but I loved it. Good luc and don't let this bother you yo will be fine.
kades

Thanks, Kades. It was bound to happen sooner or later. With what I know about diabetes, it was just a matter of time. Gas is the least of my problems :LOL:

Well, rats. That diabetes is a wily foe - glad you have good ammunition on your side .

Thanks, Liz. At least I don't have to learn how to cook for it, just keep carrying on like I have been and take an extra pill in the morning.:rolleyes:

I take the same med, PF. You may find a couple things that change in your daily habits, but nothing that is much of a problem. It works well to control my blood/sugar levels and I hope it works as well for you.

Good luck with it!:)

I also use Metformin and Actos in combination. They have worked well for me. This whole business of getting old is a pain in the .........................!

Beats the heck outta the alternative tho'! :LOL:

It's ain't the being dead that bothers me, it's the dying!

When I go, I would prefer to use the express checkout!

But, like Doris Day says, Que Sera, Sera, Whatever will be, will be, The future's not ours, to see :angel:

It's ain't the being dead that bothers me, it's the dying!

When I go, I would prefer to use the express checkout!

But, like Doris Day says, Que Sera, Sera, Whatever will be, will be, The future's not ours, to see :angel:

that is what i want too aunt bea. had a taste of nursing home while in rehab. not my cup of tea. as a matter of fact, it will not happen again.

I'm battling the borderline as well. Doc keeps warning me and I keep trying to lose some weight to slow down the process.

I also use Metformin and Actos in combination. They have worked well for me. This whole business of getting old is a pain in the .........................!

That's just it, Aunt Bea - it is a pain - in the back, knees, ankles, hands, shoulders.....

PrincessFiona60 said:

Dang, PF. You have a great attitude. Hope the meds work for you!

I've been borderline for years too. I'm not overweight, exercise and eat healthy. Still like the tobacco, though. I have the feeling everyone is " borderline" something.

Last edited:
Thanks, everyone. I've already been doing the diet, so it's not like I'll be making very many changes, just adding another pill. More water, too.

Babetoo, I already spend all day in the nursing home, I'm just sorry it was lousy for you. I love my patients and love taking care of them. Of course, I would have been the nurse you hated...I like to see my patients get better and go home, so I am a bit of a bully.:LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom