Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Timothy. This is proprietary stuff, so one has to have access to the server, templates, etc. Finally got it to behave, but what a PAIN.

Is there anyone who would say that they did not want one more day with s/one they loved? I think not. I am willing to put my life on "hold" for one more hour, one more day with my mom. If it means I say no to a contract or a client, well, there are other contracts and clients, but I only have one mom. I can always find one more client, one more contract, but I can't find one more mom. If you haven't called your mom lately, do me a favor, call her. Tell her you love her.

Is it me, or what?

Someone posts a thread here like; "What do you like about "X"?"

It seems to never fail that some naysayer will post in that thread "I hate "X".

I mean, if the thread was "Do you like "X"? or even "What do you think of "X"?, then I could understand their urge to tell everyone they hate it.

But to enter a thread that specifically asks what you LIKE about something and post that you hate it, is to me, just a cry for attention and someone being as negative as they can be.

That's my vent for the day.

Is it me, or what?

Someone posts a thread here like; "What do you like about "X"?"

It seems to never fail that some naysayer will post in that thread "I hate "X".

I mean, if the thread was "Do you like "X"? or even "What do you think of "X"?, then I could understand their urge to tell everyone they hate it.

But to enter a thread that specifically asks what you LIKE about something and post that you hate it, is to me, just a cry for attention and someone being as negative as they can be.

That's my vent for the day.
Timothy I think we all have a vent now and then and sometimes they really get to us. I find ignore is the best thing to do. I then go make myself a goody either a favorite drink or snack sit down put my feet up and say forget it. it works for me letting someone bug you when they really need a chance to get it off their chest and don't do it in a polite manner is a big YUK.
kades

It irritates the heck out of me that people make fun of, or slam others "good naturedly". Its fine to be proud of your stuff, but its not OK to put others down.

I have shown up for work early before. I was NOT happy with that!

I'll change the bathroom clock when I go to bed. I already got the kitchen clocks and will worry about the bedroom clocks tomorrow...oh yeah, I better change the living room clock, too. It's a pain, I have to run through 23 hours to change it back or the chimes are all messed up. Luckily I don't have to be anywhere tomorrow.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...in the stores...already. Crikey.

I know, I know. Why bother to complain -- no one does anything about it. Guess I'll try that door down the hall.

son called in a.m. said new drier would be delivered today. i waited through the appointed time. called company and they said was for tomorrow. son called later and said he had somehow gotten it wrong. bummer, i postponed a shower waiting for the. i think he had a senior moment.

My heat isn't working right. I had the maintenance guy check it out and it seemed to be working but only at the highest setting.

I turned it on this morning, and it did start getting warm, but 5 minutes later it was only blowing cold air.:mad:

I found an outlet near my recliner and plugged my new crockpot in (making split peas). It may seem a little unconventional, but hey, my feet are getting nice and warm. How's that for multi-tasking?:LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom