Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Holy heck in a handbasket! We've had some renos done this year and everytime I turn around there are MORE problems. All we had done was replace the deck and put in a patio. When we took the deck off, we realized the furnace exhaust was under the deck and back door. Bad. In getting a quote to fix this problem, it became clear that it would be more cost efficient to just replace the furnace. WELL...in doing THAT we have run into a whole host of issues. The dryer vent...the other vent...the hot water thing...and NOW...there is a gas leak in the furnace and it needs to get fixed ASAP. I am supposed to be going in to work tonight and I've got a jillion things that need doing. This is too important to ignore, so now once again, I'm WAITING for someone to call me, and to come fix something in the house. ARGH!

Oh, and just to top it all off, my 19 year old kitty is not eating well. Not a huge deal for a regular cat, but she is diabetic so we run a little balancing act. How much insulin can we give her based on how much she has eaten. I can't bear to lose her right now. I hope like heck she eats something today.

When my 19 year old cat Bammers was alive, the sure way to get him to eat was to give him a can of human Tuna. OMG, he loved that stuff!

I hope everything goes well with the cat who owns you, and he regains his appetite.

Sometimes when home sweet home starts dropping parts and generally causing grief, you have to wonder if having a landlord would be all that bad. But even with paying taxes, insurance, and fixing stuff (maybe losing value) - it's still pretty nice to have a home to call your own if you can.

This was warranty work so it didn't cost me anything. They were fast, apologetic for the initial error and its all done. Whew. I may actually make it to work on time.

Sometimes when home sweet home starts dropping parts and generally causing grief, you have to wonder if having a landlord would be all that bad. But even with paying taxes, insurance, and fixing stuff (maybe losing value) - it's still pretty nice to have a home to call your own if you can.

That's so odd...I had a moment there...I was literally thinking almost those exact words to myself, just moments ago, while contemplating the upcoming roof replacement. You and I must have crossed the same intersection in the multi verse there for a few seconds. Then, I logged on here to review the new posts and there were my own thoughts just a moment ago, typed right out there in front of me.

I know, I know, "Great minds think alike", right tinlizzie?

Last edited:
OMG, I did dishes all evening!

Like 6 loads of dishes!

I kept finding more dishes to wash! Seemed like all I did this evening! Fingernails are nice and clean now!

Kitchen is spiffy.

Counters are empty and clean.

Yeahhhhhh!:clap::clap::clap:

That's so odd...I had a moment there...I was literally thinking almost those exact words to myself, just moments ago, while contemplating the upcoming roof replacement. You and I must have crossed the same intersection in the multi verse there for a few seconds. Then, I logged on here to review the new posts and there were my own thoughts just a moment ago, typed right out there in front of me.

I think we're in a big club, here, Timothy.

multi verse :ermm::LOL:

Like 6 loads of dishes!

I kept finding more dishes to wash! Seemed like all I did this evening! Fingernails are nice and clean now!

Kitchen is spiffy.

Counters are empty and clean.

Yeahhhhhh!:clap::clap::clap:

always amazing to me how many dishes there are for just one person. i know i don't always do them right away and then they stack up. that is fairly recent behavior for me. my husband used to say that if i had a broken leg, i would do the dishes before i went to the hospital. :cool:

Oh, dear; a picture of my immediate future. There will only be five of us for Thanksgiving, but I don't have a dishwasher and this can mean hours of washing up.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way. Replaced roof last month, and the gutter cleaner guy is still telling me the garage needs it. Keeping "rain drops from falling on my head" was a priority, the garage will wait. But, especially in winter in a 160 year old house, there is always something, and I often remember with fond-ness my old efficiency apartment in DC when I was single.

Sometimes It Doesn't Pay To Get Out Of Bed

I didn't sleep well last night and decided to just get up a little early. I wanted to make bagels today. Something I hadn't done in a couple of months as I wanted to take a break.

I keep my KA mixer in a cabinet in the half bath/laundry room off the kitchen. I carried it out and started the process. Kneaded the dough and set it aside to rise.

While that was happening, I cleaned off the mixer and carried it back into the bathroom to put it away. I set the mixer on the vanity and turned to open the doors so I could just move the mixer right in. As I turned, I nudged the mixer just enough to tip it.

It fell head first into the toilet, submerging the front of the mixer in the water and shattering the toilet base.

I called a friend who is a plumber and he sent me to a local plumbing supply to pick out a fixture. He'll put it in tomorrow.

I'll deal with the mixer later.

Sometimes It Doesn't Pay To Get Out Of Bed.

Sorry to hear about your dificulties, Andy. That Murphy seems to always be at the wrong place at the wrong time.:wacko:

I hope it didn't make too much of a mess in your bathroom.:glare:

Sorry to hear about your dificulties, Andy. That Murphy seems to always be at the wrong place at the wrong time.:wacko:

I hope it didn't make too much of a mess in your bathroom.:glare:

Thanks. Not much of a mess. The fixture is still holding water. I just have to deal with the expense of the fixture replacement and I still don't know if the mixer is OK.

I hope you have another bathroom. Looks like Murphy has it out for you today. I hope your KA is okay.

It took almost 30 months for my left frozen shoulder to heal and regain almost all range of motion in my arm. That was almost 2 years ago. Now I've injured my right shoulder several weeks ago, over-reaching, trying to retrieve my hanging bicycle from the garage rafter. That shoulder has been going through it's freezing process, slowly limiting my range of motion. I've been trying to counteract this by forced stretching but it's pretty painful. I have a feeling I'm going to have to go through this entire shoulder "thawing" process all over again. Man, I hate getting old.

Last edited:
Oh my gosh Andy, what a terrible thing to happen. I am so sorry.

I hope you have another bathroom. Looks like Murphy has it out for you today. I hope your KA is okay.

Thanks, ladies. We have another bathroom so that's not an issue. I'll just have to be running up and down stairs all day to use it.

I'm letting the KA dry for a bit before I turn it on.

Thanks, ladies. We have another bathroom so that's not an issue. I'll just have to be running up and down stairs all day to use it.

I'm letting the KA dry for a bit before I turn it on.

That's a heck of a way to get more exercise.:LOL:

My petty little vent is that I totally forgot to put baking soda in my oatmeal rhubarb loaf. BAH! It won't make a HUGE difference, but it will make some difference.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom