Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm going to vent about a neighbor. They live upstairs and have a black lab mix. The girl called me a b-word a couple of days ago, because I have called and complained about the dog's constant barking. It's not the dog's fault. It's kept inside all day long when they're at work. Labs need exercise, and I think it's cruel to keep the dog in a small apartment for that long. They walk the dog, but only so she can go to the bathroom. Then, it's back to the apartment.

I don't know if I have vented about neighbors before. If I have, I am sorry. These people get on my nerves.

Vanilla Bean said:
I'm going to vent about a neighbor. They live upstairs and have a black lab mix. The girl called me a b-word a couple of days ago, because I have called and complained about the dog's constant barking. It's not the dog's fault. It's kept inside all day long when they're at work. Labs need exercise, and I think it's cruel to keep the dog in a small apartment for that long. They walk the dog, but only so she can go to the bathroom. Then, it's back to the apartment.

I don't know if I have vented about neighbors before. If I have, I am sorry. These people get on my nerves.

I hear ya, VB. There is nothing more annoying, and oh, that poor dog! Do you have nuisance laws, and could you call the cops or talk to the landlord?

I hear ya, VB. There is nothing more annoying, and oh, that poor dog! Do you have nuisance laws, and could you call the cops or talk to the landlord?
I live in an apartment complex, and I had to report it to management. During off hours, they have a security service.

Like I said, I don't blame the dog. It's not her fault, and I think she is neglected. I think someone in the management office has called them, but they don't seem to do anything about it. There are so many parks around here the dog could run in or be walked.

I live in an apartment complex, and I had to report it to management. During off hours, they have a security service.

Like I said, I don't blame the dog. It's not her fault, and I think she is neglected. I think someone in the management office has called them, but they don't seem to do anything about it. There are so many parks around here the dog could run in or be walked.
It's a crying shame that lots of people get a dog and then treat it as if it were invisible. Some folks just don't realize that a dog is much like a human in the respect that it needs companionship and love to be truly happy. Treating a dog as if it were a robotic guard will result in a moody, unpredictable animal who doesn't like it's life and that spells trouble for the dog and the owners of it.

We had a next door neighbor like that a few years ago. They had a Rottweiler that they kept chained 24/7 in the back yard. They were rarely home so the dog barked all day, all night. It would then set off every dog in the neighborhood. Their back yard and where they had that dog chained was outside my kids bedroom windows. Nobody was getting any sleep.

I bought a dog whistle to no avail. It worked long enough to get the dogs attention then it would just start up again.

One day I was playing with my Golden Retriever in the front yard. Taking a break from some yard work. He started barking as we were playing ball and tug of war.

The neighbors just happened to be having a garage sale going on at the time. All kinds of people were around.One of my sons had complained to me to stop playing and making him bark. They the neighbors, were looking at me annoyed by his barking. I didn't really care. What was the problem? Having trouble concentrating on haggling a microwave with someone? Is my precious getting on YOUR nerves?

To which I said to my son, loud enough for all the neighbors to hear.

NO!.. If I have to listen to their damn dog barking 24/7 they can listen to MY dog. At least I'M interacting with MY dog! I can't say they would do the same.

That got their attention. More from being embarrassed in public like that. But you know it worked.
After that every time that dog so much as squeaked somebody opened up the door to shush her up. They moved not long after that. Funny how they couldn't answer the door. Ignored notes on the windshields it took some verbal public embarrassment to put an end to it.

I wish you luck.

Munky.

i have vented about this before. today it has ticked me off again. if we can put a man on the moon, why can't we have newsprint that doesn't come off on fingers. after i read the newspaper it looks as though i have been digging in coal dust. yuck!!!!

We had a next door neighbor like that a few years ago. They had a Rottweiler that they kept chained 24/7 in the back yard. They were rarely home so the dog barked all day, all night. It would then set off every dog in the neighborhood. Their back yard and where they had that dog chained was outside my kids bedroom windows. Nobody was getting any sleep.

I bought a dog whistle to no avail. It worked long enough to get the dogs attention then it would just start up again.

One day I was playing with my Golden Retriever in the front yard. Taking a break from some yard work. He started barking as we were playing ball and tug of war.

The neighbors just happened to be having a garage sale going on at the time. All kinds of people were around.One of my sons had complained to me to stop playing and making him bark. They the neighbors, were looking at me annoyed by his barking. I didn't really care. What was the problem? Having trouble concentrating on haggling a microwave with someone? Is my precious getting on YOUR nerves?

To which I said to my son, loud enough for all the neighbors to hear.

NO!.. If I have to listen to their damn dog barking 24/7 they can listen to MY dog. At least I'M interacting with MY dog! I can't say they would do the same.

That got their attention. More from being embarrassed in public like that. But you know it worked.
After that every time that dog so much as squeaked somebody opened up the door to shush her up. They moved not long after that. Funny how they couldn't answer the door. Ignored notes on the windshields it took some verbal public embarrassment to put an end to it.

I wish you luck.

Munky.

Thank you for your post.

I know their apartment is the same size as mine. It almost sounds like they keep her in a cage when their gone. I'm not certain of that, though. Sometimes, I think I should just mind my own business.

Thank you for your post.

I know their apartment is the same size as mine. It almost sounds like they keep her in a cage when their gone. I'm not certain of that, though. Sometimes, I think I should just mind my own business.

I don't think you should have to mind your own business. That dogs being neglected to the point it's diturbing your rights as a tenant. Her rights as well. If you suspect and it's constantly in one location, you bet she's locked up. If not in a bathroom, maybe a crate. I have a Lab mix, she goes insane in confinement. To this day doors have to be left open for her peace of mind. She's a rescue.

You can call the Manager again. Take notes on the time you do.
If you can't get anywhere with them, call the police. Animal Control.

You could also, if push comes to shove ask your Landlord if they can afford to lose you as Tenant in this economy? I'm sure if your Landlord put it to them, " Keep Fiffy happy or lose your apmt and deposit." They most likely had to pay a hefty one to have a dog that size, who's coming out the winner? I'm sure they can't afford to move either. Not alot of Apmts around here allow dogs that size.

Or you know if you wanted to play nice. Ignore her comment towards you and take the upper hand.

Ask them if you have the time and could do it. If while they're at work, offer to dog sit for them. That way everyone's happy. Hard feeling are forgotten. The Pup has companionship she's wanting during the day.

Munky.

i have vented about this before. today it has ticked me off again. if we can put a man on the moon, why can't we have newsprint that doesn't come off on fingers. after i read the newspaper it looks as though i have been digging in coal dust. yuck!!!!

I recently discovered (from watching "Downton Abbey") that servants used to iron papers so that the ink would set and not dirty the fingers of m'lord and m'lady. (Great series, Downton Abbey. I think season 2 airs in America in January?)

I recently discovered (from watching "Downton Abbey") that servants used to iron papers so that the ink would set and not dirty the fingers of m'lord and m'lady. (Great series, Downton Abbey. I think season 2 airs in America in January?)

sure wish i had someone to that for me. guess m'lady will just have to put up with it. :LOL:

SharonT said:

That's an awesome series, can't wait for season 2!

That's an awesome series, can't wait for season 2!

Thanks folks! I just added it to my Instant Queue on Netflix.

Apparently, it has 7 episodes. I found no reference to there being any ongoing seasons of the show.

"Exposing the snobbery, backbiting and machinations of a disappearing class system, this seven-part British series chronicles the comings and goings of the upper-crust Crawley family and their assorted servants. Ensconced in their stately manor, the Crawleys delight in their aristocratic life -- until the sinking of the RMS Titanic in 1912 muddles their line of inheritance. Maggie Smith plays the sneering Dowager Countess of Grantham."

Season 2 continues into the war years. It's aired in the UK already, and I think it comes to the US in January... not positive about that.

How cool is that? Thank you for that information, Sharon, I read your first post and just forgot that you'd already said that.

My mind is getting dim.

Dim Tim

Last edited:
Does anyone have a cure for the flu? :ermm: I think that's what I've got. I'm all achy, etc. It seems like I had this a couple months ago. Things are still getting done, just at a slower pace.

Does anyone have a cure for the flu? :ermm: I think that's what I've got. I'm all achy, etc. It seems like I had this a couple months ago. Things are still getting done, just at a slower pace.

Yes, I have one that works every time: Drink plenty of fluids, eat lots of broths and cooked veggies and sleep about 20 hours a day until you're over it!

Other than that, I think you're stuck with it for awhile. Sorry to hear you're not feeling well.

Get well soon!:flowers::flowers::flowers::w00t:

sorry you're feeling bad, vb, but i doubt it's the flu you've got--NOTHING would be getting done if it were. spoon in some hot chicken broth sprinkled w/dill weed....feel better!:)

Nothing to be done but rest and fluids unfortunately. If you have chest involvement do not hesitate to see the Dr. Its important!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom