Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Have you gotten this checked out yet? It could be a sign of something serious. A friend of mine had an eye that kept twitching for an extended amount of time and found out he'd had a small stroke. Not the only thing that can cause persistant muscle twitches but it's worth getting checked out, if for no other reason than to see if the twitching can be relieved.

Nope, I doubt this is anything serious, but thank you for reminding me to be aware.

I sure hope that bug leaves your house soon. BLECH! It sounds awful!

Thanks for the great ideas. I'm definitely going to have to try the tent. The three y/o will especially like that. Everyone seems a little better tonight so here's hoping. Fortunately everyone has been willing to drink herbal tea, water and watered down juice so we're all staying hydrated. We have disinfectant wipes that we've been using and liquid bleach that we've been adding to water to clean the counters. And we've been washing the clothes in hot water just to make sure they come good and clean.

So what's with the spinach? My son has been hunting for more than a week for me trying to find fresh spinach. At first I wanted baby spinach. Now I will take any kind. He has hit five different very large supermarkets and they are out of it. One store advertised it for sale this week. He went the day the sale started. No spinach. When he asked, all he could get for an answer was "no spinach." I WANT MY SPINACH!!! Do I have to throw a hissy fit and stomp my feet in the middle of the produce aisle? Or maybe that old feminine wile, tears. Kale, escarole, etc. just will not do. It has to be spinach. I just want to saute' it in lots of butter and then pig out. :pig:

I got my spinach! I got my spinach!!! Yea! Son #1 was working on the North Shore and stopped in one of the major supermarkets up there and got me two big bags of baby spinach. I would tell him I love him, but he just tells me that I will get over it. Or some other smart remark. We have only been hunting every day since the 2nd of the month for it. Now I can go to bed a happy camper. If you look out your window you will see a crazy old lady dancing down the street. That's me. :angel::angel:

I got my spinach! I got my spinach!!! Yea! Son #1 was working on the North Shore and stopped in one of the major supermarkets up there and got me two big bags of baby spinach. I would tell him I love him, but he just tells me that I will get over it. Or some other smart remark. We have only been hunting every day since the 2nd of the month for it. Now I can go to bed a happy camper. If you look out your window you will see a crazy old lady dancing down the street. That's me. :angel::angel:

Yea!!!!!!

FYI, feeling much better now! I started the antibiotics on Sat. and I am feeling great! It's heck being sick.

Have gotten 2 estimates "proposals" on an entirely new HVAC system $$$$

I am grateful that, #1 this didn't happen with the A/C in the middle of a hot summer and #2 we have options to pay for this without debt, things could be much worse!

FYI, feeling much better now! I started the antibiotics on Sat. and I am feeling great! It's heck being sick.
I don't know about people, but with dogs, 48 hours is the time it takes for antibiotics to kick in and for the dog to feel better...must be similar for people. I have a chronic low-grade kidney infection for which I have a script. I only need two doses before the pain goes away--but I do have to take the pills for the entire 10 days. I wish I could get rid of this infection once and for all. Just doesn't seem to want to happen (it has been 7 years).

Last edited:
Have gotten 2 estimates "proposals" on an entirely new HVAC system $$$$

I am grateful that, #1 this didn't happen with the A/C in the middle of a hot summer and #2 we have options to pay for this without debt, things could be much worse!

Chin up girl! Things will get better if you believe.:)

I don't know about people, but with dogs, 48 hours is the time it takes for antibiotics to kick in and for the dog to feel better...must be similar for people. I have a chronic low-grade kidney infection for which I have a script. I only need two doses before the pain goes away--but I do have to take the pills for the entire 10 days. I wish I could get rid of this infection once and for all. Just doesn't seem to want to happen (it has been 7 years).

Depends upon the antibotic. Kidney infections are not to be fooled with. My yongest daughter developed a serious infection from when she had the measles when she was five years old. Her doctor told me that she would eventually end up on the list for a new kidney. She didn't live long enough. But by the time of her death, the autopsy report stated that one kidney was non-functional. And the other was seriously damaged and scarred from years of infections. I spent more money for her meds than any one else in the family. :)

CWS4322 said:

Seven years?!!! And I was whining about 4 weeks of being sick.
My pills are only for five days. I only have one left. I guess they still keep working after that up to 10 days total. Hope your pain goes away quickly.

Seven years?!!! And I was whining about 4 weeks of being sick.
My pills are only for five days. I only have one left. I guess they still keep working after that up to 10 days total. Hope your pain goes away quickly.
Yup...thank goodness I can go to the EMERG on OHIP when it is really bad, but I don't understand why they can't culture it and figure out the antibiotic that will make it go away. This is the result of e-coli......which is another story.

Grrrr ... frustrated. I was having one heck of a time staying awake this evening, went up to bed, and my eyes pop open and I am wide awake. This isn't unusual, it has been the story of my life, insomnia. But it never fails to aggravate me when it takes this form. It's partner is that I'm drifting off in my chair in the afternoon (usually around 3). I'll cat-nap for awhile if hubby and doggie don't bug me. But do you think I could do as some of my friends do, and simply go upstairs and take a nap? Not unless I'm quite sick. As soon as I lie down it's like there's a spring in my eyelids and they bounce open and that's that.

I will not be sick, I will not be sick! ARGH! I've been dodging germs at work and at home for weeks and I think one caught me! I'm going to dose myself with honey, lemon and echinacea! (And maybe a shot of brandy later!)

Grrrr ... frustrated. I was having one heck of a time staying awake this evening, went up to bed, and my eyes pop open and I am wide awake. This isn't unusual, it has been the story of my life, insomnia. But it never fails to aggravate me when it takes this form. It's partner is that I'm drifting off in my chair in the afternoon (usually around 3). I'll cat-nap for awhile if hubby and doggie don't bug me. But do you think I could do as some of my friends do, and simply go upstairs and take a nap? Not unless I'm quite sick. As soon as I lie down it's like there's a spring in my eyelids and they bounce open and that's that.

I find that reading for awhile prior to trying to go to sleep, helps me get my mind into a more relaxed state. Then I seem to go to sleep without the "What I did today and will do tomorrow" thoughts taking over.

When I get sleepy in the afternoon, I roll the chair back and give into it. Dinky loves it when I do this, as he can climb up and sleep with me. he loves to lay on my left side and put his head just above my armpit. He purrs so hard that it calms me with it's rhythm. An hour or so in the chair like that and I'm back up for he evening.

Depends upon the antibotic. Kidney infections are not to be fooled with. My yongest daughter developed a serious infection from when she had the measles when she was five years old. Her doctor told me that she would eventually end up on the list for a new kidney. She didn't live long enough.
So sorry.

Back
Top Bottom