Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A very elderly lady often joins the group going shopping. She's quite independent but uses a walker to get around. She was always so apologetic about asking someone to do something for her until I took the time to explain that she was actually doing the helper a favor by letting them help, and that it made people feel good to do so.

She was quite surprised and thanked me for straightening out her thinking.

A bit of a shock but my Dad had a heart cath today and is scheduled for a triple bypass on Monday afternoon. Keep me and family in mind when you are sending out your best wishes.

I am sitting here calling myself every name I can think of. Wednesday when I went to talk in front of the City Council, I banged my shin bone getting into the van and broke the skin. The cut is fine. But where I banged the bone is extremely painful. On scale of one to ten, the pain is an 11. I cannot walk oni it. I knew early this morning that there was going to be pain. But I refused to take pain pills. I had plans to go get my Peeps. I can forget that idea. I am not sure I will be able to say seated on my scooter. And I sure don't want to fall down and break a hip. I did this to myself. I am always doing stupid things to myself so that I don't put other people out of the way. All I had to do was to ask for help getting into the van. The van was too high for me. I knew that when they first opened the door. "Oh no. I don't need help. I can do it myself. Thank you for asking." What is wrong with that stupid statement that I am constantly making to other people. What hapened to my New Years resolution to stop being so stubborn. I need someone to hit me up side of my head and knock some sense into me Any volunteers?:ohmy:

Vent over!

I'm still limping on my right knee, I think I hurt myself more trying to not fall on Patron. Cold and Warm packs alternating.

I never thought I would ever hear myself say this but I give up. I have been working on decorations for wedding cupcakes all week but didn't want to actually bake the cakes until today. Now I find the fondant circles just don't go on right. I have tried a little frosting and a lot of frosting and nothing is working. Half of them are breaking on me.

I got two calls today from people that were owed money for Dad's care before he passed. One was paid out of the estate but even though I have the receipt from the bank, they haven't received it yet. The other is furious because the the bank account is frozen (duh) and doesn't want to wait until I meet with the bank again next Friday. I am sorry, but I am not making the 2 hour round trip (not to mention the time in the bank) every day to satisfy these people. Plus, the care home where Dad was staying before he went back to the hospital made the cheques out to Dad and not his estate so the bank wants me to get replacements before the Friday meeting but the home says they have never done that before.

This cake was supposed to be fun. The teens that were supposed to help me didn't realize it was Spring Break and so they made other plans. I thought I could handle it on my own but I can't. And DH has been working double shifts and since tomorrow is his only day off before starting his new full-time driving shift (no more double shifts) so he informed me he is not going to the wedding with me. So I have set up to do by myself and have to go to the reception alone.

Finally, I am having to take prednisone again which is not good for my moods or sleep patterns.

I think I will just go to a nearby bakery tomorrow morning and see if they can do me 85 cupcakes in her colours - they won't be vintage, but I just can't do it. I will set up but won't stay.

Thanks, I just needed to vent. I don't feel differently but it does help to get it out.

Rusha-frusha-grrr cat. Just because the cupboards are currently empty doesn't mean you can play in them, especially while I'm trying to put stuff in them. And please, for the sake of my sanity, stop trying to sleep on my feet while I'm trying to get stuff done. Also, I know this is a new place but is it really neccessary to race into every closet I open and refuse to get out until you are done sniffing it. Again. I promise, not much has changed since the last time you sniffed it. And just because we don't have a table yet or chairs in here and therefore are sitting on the floor to eat doesn't mean we want your nose in our food. And since we're on the subject of food, a new home doesn't mean a new feeding time, or extra feeding times, or extra food. Furthermore, you may think it's fun to shoot out of all the new hiding places you've found and attack my feet but sooner or later you're going to get trampled and I'm only going to feel a little sorry for you. Finally, I know you love cathcing the spiders that caught a ride on the boxes, and I appreciate that you are killing them off for me, but please please please stop DROPPING THEM AT MY FEET! I get it, your a crazy skilled hunter but I'm an arachnophobe and you're going to give me a flipping heart attack! Just eat them and be done with it. Seriously furball, I love you but you're about to get yourself locked in the bedroom.

Rusha-frusha-grrr cat. Just because the cupboards are currently empty doesn't mean you can play in them, especially while I'm trying to put stuff in them. And please, for the sake of my sanity, stop trying to sleep on my feet while I'm trying to get stuff done. Also, I know this is a new place but is it really neccessary to race into every closet I open and refuse to get out until you are done sniffing it. Again. I promise, not much has changed since the last time you sniffed it. And just because we don't have a table yet or chairs in here and therefore are sitting on the floor to eat doesn't mean we want your nose in our food. And since we're on the subject of food, a new home doesn't mean a new feeding time, or extra feeding times, or extra food. Furthermore, you may think it's fun to shoot out of all the new hiding places you've found and attack my feet but sooner or later you're going to get trampled and I'm only going to feel a little sorry for you. Finally, I know you love cathcing the spiders that caught a ride on the boxes, and I appreciate that you are killing them off for me, but please please please stop DROPPING THEM AT MY FEET! I get it, your a crazy skilled hunter but I'm an arachnophobe and you're going to give me a flipping heart attack! Just eat them and be done with it. Seriously furball, I love you but you're about to get yourself locked in the bedroom.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

(((Hugs Laurie))) I hope all goes well with the bakery and the wedding.

Ditto here. You have to know when to throw in the towel. Concentrate on one item. The wedding. For those folks who want their money, RIGHT NOW? They are more concerned with closing their books for the month of March than the fact that you are still in the grieving process. Concentrate of happy right now. Weddings are happy. Grieving is sadness. They don't mix very well. Tell everyone else they will have to wait until April. After the wedding take some time for yourself.

One thing to remember. You are on one end of that telephone. Your telephone. You pay that bill. Not the other person on the other end. Hang up. If you don't feel like talking on it, you don't have to. It is your phone. Rude? Sure. But is the other person being considerate of your feelings at this time in your life? Give yourself some slack. You deserve it. :angel:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom