Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, I decided to do nothing. I am watching Smokey and the Bandit. I need a good laugh and this will do it for me. If I do nothing, then nothing can bother me. I will start again tomorrow. :ermm:

SIL went to the doctor because she had pain and a swelling on her ankle. He said that she had a spider bite and gave her some sort of pill. This did not solve the problem so she went back and this time he told her she had gout and gave her a diet to follow. She did this for a while and it did not help. When she went back for the third time he took an x-ray and found out that all this time she had a fracture in the ankle. Unbelievable.

SIL went to the doctor because she had pain and a swelling on her ankle. He said that she had a spider bite and gave her some sort of pill. This did not solve the problem so she went back and this time he told her she had gout and gave her a diet to follow. She did this for a while and it did not help. When she went back for the third time he took an x-ray and found out that all this time she had a fracture in the ankle. Unbelievable.
:ohmy:
I hope he refunded her for the first two visits.

Where is this doctor located? I want to be sure to stay far away from there.

JoAnn L. said:

Unbelievable indeed.

Can you spell Medical Malpractice?

Give me his address. I have been labeled Non-Compliant and can drive a doctor crazy asking questions. I also look on the web for my own answers and then confront the doctor with my knowledge. Dotors who think they are God don't like that. So if your SIL doesn't want to file suit, then I can get even for her. By the time I am through with him, he will quit the medical field or go down to the bowels of the basement in the morgue and perform autopsies. :ohmy:

By the way, gout cannot be totally ruled out. It's a regular test that measures protein levels. My husband actually did really damage his foot, a sprain, and that disguised the gout thing. We tried all the dietary stuff with no results and he went on alopurinal (I may have misspelled that). This doctor sounds terrible, but there are times when one problem can disguise itself in other problems. Gout is actually a relative, a form of, arthritis. As a friend of mine said, "well, if this is rich man's disease, when the **** is the money coming in?"

Some pea-brain knocked down a tree in my side yard last night -- from the looks of the treadmarks he was driving some kind of swamp buggy or some such (there was fresh mud on the downed trunk). The tree was flat on the ground with roots sticking up. My dear son came over in his truck and pulled it back upright, and I have the hose trickling on it right now. Maybe it will survive. Grrrrr. :mad:

Some pea-brain knocked down a tree in my side yard last night -- from the looks of the treadmarks he was driving some kind of swamp buggy or some such (there was fresh mud on the downed trunk). The tree was flat on the ground with roots sticking up. My dear son came over in his truck and pulled it back upright, and I have the hose trickling on it right now. Maybe it will survive. Grrrrr. :mad:
Bummer. What a nincompoop. Is that normal where you live? I mean, for people to think it's okay to drive on your property.

tinlizzie said:

:mad: It should be OK, may be stressed for awhile.

A couple years ago I had a gorgeous clematis growing around our mailbox pole. Some idiot ran his car into the whole lot, breaking the mailbox and pole, uprooting the clematis and generally trashing the whole area, and of course took off. We put in a new mailbox pole, replanted the clematis, and all are well now. The twit never came forward.

Pea-brain? Not sure there was that much involved. Sorry that happened, hope the tree comes out if it okay.

I used to have a neighbor whose house was right on a curve in the road. After several hits from cars taking the curve to fast and taking down his fence, he built all the posts with cement and wrapped them with wood. After a couple of more crashes and some injuries, (enough so that the idiot couldn't take off) the City put a STOP sign just before the curve. It didn't stop all the crashes, but sure did reduce them.

One driver tried to sue him for creating a hazard to driving with the cement posts. It got thrown out of court. He hit the post so hard he totaled his car. He wanted a new car. BTW. all the posts suffered just a little paint damage and the pickets were just fine. He made those posts deep enough that they stood up to the crashes. the cars did not fare so well. :)

Bummer. What a nincompoop. Is that normal where you live? I mean, for people to think it's okay to drive on your property.

We're semi-rural here - no sidewalks or curbs to go by. It looks as though he aimed for it, yee-haw style. Or maybe he was "just" drunk.

:mad: It should be OK, may be stressed for awhile.

A couple years ago I had a gorgeous clematis growing around our mailbox pole. Some idiot ran his car into the whole lot, breaking the mailbox and pole, uprooting the clematis and generally trashing the whole area, and of course took off. We put in a new mailbox pole, replanted the clematis, and all are well now. The twit never came forward.

Thanks for the seed of hope -- all I can do now is watch, wait, and hope. Oh, and water.

I used to have a neighbor whose house was right on a curve in the road. After several hits from cars taking the curve to fast and taking down his fence, he built all the posts with cement and wrapped them with wood. After a couple of more crashes and some injuries, (enough so that the idiot couldn't take off) the City put a STOP sign just before the curve. It didn't stop all the crashes, but sure did reduce them.

One driver tried to sue him for creating a hazard to driving with the cement posts. It got thrown out of court. He hit the post so hard he totaled his car. He wanted a new car. BTW. all the posts suffered just a little paint damage and the pickets were just fine. He made those posts deep enough that they stood up to the crashes. the cars did not fare so well. :)

Funny thing - two weeks ago a young woman took out two sections of the fence on my son's corner lot (in and then back out). My son and wife went out to the truck that was sitting in the ditch, pointed out. Fortunately, no damage done to the driver and little damage to the truck. She said she had taken off her spurs & put them on the floor and they got stuck under the gas and brake pedals. (???) Promises were made to supply new fence posts, and they have been delivered. Sounds like the Wild West out here, doesn't it?

PF, how about numbskull or ding-dong, for printable substitutions? For either my tree-hitter or his fence-killer...

Funny thing - two weeks ago a young woman took out two sections of the fence on my son's corner lot (in and then back out). My son and wife went out to the truck that was sitting in the ditch, pointed out. Fortunately, no damage done to the driver and little damage to the truck. She said she had taken off her spurs & put them on the floor and they got stuck under the gas and brake pedals. (???) Promises were made to supply new fence posts, and they have been delivered. Sounds like the Wild West out here, doesn't it?

PF, how about numbskull or ding-dong, for printable substitutions? For either my tree-hitter or his fence-killer...

No-Brained...and you are supposed to put your spurs in the passenger foot well.:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom