Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Taxlady, did you buy the case of beer because the toilet wouldn't flush? Seems like that had the potential to make the situation a little more desperate after consuming a few of them.

Taxlady, did you buy the case of beer because the toilet wouldn't flush? Seems like that had the potential to make the situation a little more desperate after consuming a few of them.
:LOL:
No, it was on sale and beer can be good in the heat or with hot food. We do have another toilet. We aren't really big beer drinkers, though you wouldn't know that at the moment.

taxlady said:
(((Hugs Dawg))) I know a little bit about the demanding, unreasonable mother...

Thanks, TL!

I would like to drop her off at the nearest Humane Society, they won't take her, even though she's had all her shots. She truly is a handful.

Thanks, TL!

I would like to drop her off at the nearest Humane Society, they won't take her, even though she's had all her shots. She truly is a handful.
I know she is a PITA, but try to enjoy her as much as possible, while you still have her, the voice of experience.

taxlady said:
I know she is a PITA, but try to enjoy her as much as possible, while you still have her, the voice of experience.

I know, I keep telling myself that. Don't know what I'll do without her, but she truly drives me nuts!

taxlady said:
My sister is much better, now that my mother is gone.

My sister is SO much worse than my mother.....:nightmares:: scream:

So sorry you lost your Mum, TL.

Dad left us awhile ago, but he was much more user-friendly.

Last edited:
My sister is SO much worse than my mother.....:nightmares:: scream:

So sorry you lost your Mum, TL.

Dad left us awhile ago, but he was much more user-friendly.
Sorry to hear about your dad.

My mum was 95 and it's been 2 1/2 years. As the minister said at her memorial, "We are not relieved that Elisabeth died. We are relieved that she stopped dying." It's been about 10 years since she was compos mentis enough to really be my mum.

taxlady said:
Sorry to hear about your dad.

My mum was 95 and it's been 2 1/2 years. As the minister said at her memorial, "We are not relieved that Elisabeth died. We are relieved that she stopped dying." It's been about 10 years since she was compos mentis enough to really be my mum.

Thanks, Taxy. I'm not normally a venter, but this kinda got on my last nerve...

Last edited:
PF, I once told my daughter that every 20 years is considered a new generation. I too was 17 when my daughter was born. She thought for a moment and then looked at me. "Don't think you are going to start hanging around with me and my friends."

"Don't worry daughter, that is the last thing I want to do.":wacko:

My sister has just called and once again has asked if either me or mum can take her 1yr, whilst she watches her 11yr son in Athletics. And she wants her dropped off at the ice-rink, as my nephew skates.

How much notice did she get from the school. Surely it doesn't use up two brain cells to think, she may need child-care.

But then she only does think about herself, which is why I've stopped helping, unless its school or work. But Athletics is after school, that my nephew has stated he doesn't want to do. So in my book doesn't count.

Vent over with

PF, I once told my daughter that every 20 years is considered a new generation. I too was 17 when my daughter was born. She thought for a moment and then looked at me. "Don't think you are going to start hanging around with me and my friends."

"Don't worry daughter, that is the last thing I want to do.":wacko:

LOL! My parents were always my best friends, except for about 3 weeks when I was 14.

LOL! My parents were always my best friends, except for about 3 weeks when I was 14.
Not here. My mum was 35 when I was born and my dad was 41 and I'm the oldest. They were also immigrants.

When immigrants leave "the old country", they freeze the culture at the time they left. Made for some very old fashioned ideas. It got some better when my mum started spending some time in "modern" Denmark and a whole lot better when we moved back to Denmark.

Not here. My mum was 35 when I was born and my dad was 41 and I'm the oldest. They were also immigrants.

When immigrants leave "the old country", they freeze the culture at the time they left. Made for some very old fashioned ideas. It got some better when my mum started spending some time in "modern" Denmark and a whole lot better when we moved back to Denmark.

And Shrek is 15 years older...talk about impressing when you are a baby. He is also my best friend...:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom