Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
babetoo said:
i hate that i can only clean for about fifteen minutes. especially vacuuming. then i have to rest for fifteen minutes. it takes forever to get anything done.

Can you get a Roomba, Babe? While Roomba doesn't deep clean, she does a pretty good job with day to day vacuuming. Plus, she's very entertaining to watch!

i hate that i can only clean for about fifteen minutes. especially vacuuming. then i have to rest for fifteen minutes. it takes forever to get anything done.

We need to get you a riding vacuum...:) I keep thinking a leaf blower would work for dusting...

I really like dogs and think highly of many dog owners except- for the owners who think it's better to have their pets poop on my lawn instead of theirs. Any suggestions on how to avoid crumbed up lawnmower blades?

justplainbill said:
I really like dogs and think highly of many dog owners except- for the owners who think it's better to have their pets poop on my lawn instead of theirs. Any suggestions on how to avoid crumbed up lawnmower blades?

We always carry a poop bag. Our dog is always on a leash. Our neighbor has his orange poop bucket, and goes around picking up after his dog weekly.

My BIL used to have a poop picker upper service (he lives in a big city).

Would spraying the blades with WD 40 or Pam help? Even baby oil or Vaseline might do it.

babetoo said:
would you believe i had a picture in my head of blowing cat hair in the living room with a blower. lol

:LOL:

Y'know, a hair dryer might work too, on a smaller scale....

would you believe i had a picture in my head of blowing cat hair in the living room with a blower. lol

Hah! Made you laugh!

I just turn a fan on for 24 hours and it seems to suck all the cat hair into the back of it...:ohmy: I just back brushed the cat tower and got a whole other cat out of it.

Took me 20 minutes to get the A/C in the window by myself, why the heck does it take Shrek 2 hours WITH my help?.

Hah! Made you laugh!

I just turn a fan on for 24 hours and it seems to suck all the cat hair into the back of it...:ohmy: I just back brushed the cat tower and got a whole other cat out of it.

Took me 20 minutes to get the A/C in the window by myself, why the heck does it take Shrek 2 hours WITH my help?.
Perhaps because he ensured that it was properly (pitch and sealing) installed?

Perhaps because he ensured that it was properly (pitch and sealing) installed?

Hah! proper pitch, sitting in the window, wedged in with boards to fill the window space above. Duct tape over all the seams between window, boards and machine. Plug it in. It's just a small window unit, not a permanent placement.

Maybe the extra was the time taken for swearing at and cursing the A/C, screwdriver, rubber mallet, window, boards, tape, me...:ermm:

Aaaarrg! I think I'm getting poison ivy on my eyelids, ears, mouth & jaw. They itch like crazy. My eyelid is a little red & puffy. My brother cleared some brush with the lawn mower Saturday while I was outside. I know there was poison ivy in it. Hopefully I'm imagining things.

PrincessFiona60 said:
Maybe the extra was the time taken for swearing at and cursing the A/C, screwdriver, rubber mallet, window, boards, tape, me...:ermm:

Bravo, PF!!!

That is THE most important part! :LOL:

I find I never quite have the swearing part down right....Sometimes it takes a woman to do a "man's" job. I do all the tech, electrical, 'puter stuff around here. My patience limit is apparently a lot longer, and I don't bash the crap out of whatever it is with a hammer, saw it off, or light it on fire.

I am fixer of eye glasses, unclogger of disposals, tweaker of toilets, decrudder of showers and drains....

Last edited:
Cindercat said:
Aaaarrg! I think I'm getting poison ivy on my eyelids, ears, mouth & jaw. They itch like crazy. My eyelid is a little red & puffy. My brother cleared some brush with the lawn mower Saturday while I was outside. I know there was poison ivy in it. Hopefully I'm imagining things.

Yikes! Hope not, CC!

Benadryl spray might help.

Bravo, PF!!!

That is THE most important part! :LOL:

I find I never quite have the swearing part down right....Sometimes it takes a woman to do a "man's" job. I do all the tech, electrical, 'puter stuff around here. My patience limit is apparently a lot longer, and I don't bash the crap out of whatever it is with a hammer, saw it off, or light it on fire.

I am fixer of eye glasses, unclogger of disposals, tweaker of toilets, decrudder of showers and drains....
You reminded me of something. For a few months in the 1980's I and my ex were janitors in an apartment building. The owner said that the previous janitor had two tools - a screw driver and a hammer and he preferred the hammer. :LOL:

taxlady said:
You reminded me of something. For a few months in the 1980's I and my ex were janitors in an apartment building. The owner said that the previous janitor had two tools - a screw driver and a hammer and he preferred the hammer. :LOL:

:LOL: "If the only tool in your toolbox is a hammer, you treat everything like a nail."

Last edited:
Shrek has no patience, at all...I hate it when he tries to fix something, it means I have to listen to him, then he really gets mad and has to go buy more stuff that doesn't work right. I'm the fixit person, faster, quieter and cheaper...

PrincessFiona60 said:
We need to get you a riding vacuum...:) I keep thinking a leaf blower would work for dusting...

A riding vacuum would be awesome. Seems like I have acres of carpet! As soon as this carpet wears out, the main level will be wood or wood-look laminate!

Back
Top Bottom