Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I asked the question in a meeting which included her corporate supervisor. Maybe there is a dollar benefit to the management company (kickback) to let these people come in and make their presentations.

They will often post notices of different events in the elevators and on all floors near the elevators. I don't see why they can't do that in these cases.

I'm afraid to make waves, I would be afraid of getting kicked out. I don't need the stress of either the confrontation or the worry it would cause.

My solution will be to make sure I have cab fare on hand at all times. I've got the money, but just not in hand right now.

I've been taking cabs or buses for a couple of months now because taking the van is almost always some kind of hassle. I found that it doesn't hurt me financially, I'm able to go and spend about the same, and it's been a relief from the hassles. I just screwed up this month and didn't have the cash on hand for a trip I knew I would be making.

Today is my food stamp benefit, and is also a regularly scheduled Walmart trip, so I figured I could save a few bucks. I won't make that mistake again. The money is of much less importance than keeping myself calm. I hate to think how high my blood pressure is right now.

I really hate carpet floors. Hate it! It's just plain nasty.
Floors need to be sparkling clean so you can walk on it with white socks without them turning grey!

I have a slightly incontinent dog (from spaying) that sometimes leaks a little when she sleeps. Ofc dogs has to sleep on the only floor we have with carpet.
Have been over it with the carpet cleaner all day, but I still feel like it smells like piss. :sick:

Why do we still use carpet so much? Even in more expensive homes?
It's so unsanitary and dirty. Why why why? Especially people who wears shoes in their home..

I'm getting hard wood and tile in the whole house!

I really hate carpet floors. Hate it! It's just plain nasty.
Floors need to be sparkling clean so you can walk on it with white socks without them turning grey!

I have a slightly incontinent dog (from spaying) that sometimes leaks a little when she sleeps. Ofc dogs has to sleep on the only floor we have with carpet.
Have been over it with the carpet cleaner all day, but I still feel like it smells like piss. :sick:

Why do we still use carpet so much? Even in more expensive homes?
It's so unsanitary and dirty. Why why why? Especially people who wears shoes in their home..

I'm getting hard wood and tile in the whole house!
I agree. When I moved in here there was wall to wall carpet everywhere but the bathroom, washroom, and kitchen. It was even in the entry room! Really soaked up snow and slush.

I started tearing it out and much to my surprise there was hardwood parquetry under the carpet! Geez people did some strange things in the '70s & '80s.

I agree. When I moved in here there was wall to wall carpet everywhere but the bathroom, washroom, and kitchen. It was even in the entry room! Really soaked up snow and slush.

I started tearing it out and much to my surprise there was hardwood parquetry under the carpet! Geez people did some strange things in the '70s & '80s.

Oh my, talk about luck!
I sure would like to know the thought behind laying carpet over hard wood. :huh:

I'm surprised to see newer houses with carpet though.
And I sometimes watch "house hunters" and similar shows on HGTV, and a lot of people has as much carpet as possible as a criteria for buying a home. Strange!

I have real hardwood in the kitchen, but the rest of the house except for the bathrooms is carpet. I don't mind carpet in the bedrooms, but the main floor will get hardwood as soon as the carpet is worn out. When my cat dies we won't likely have another pet, he's a great cat, but my mom thought I should have him and drove 1000 miles to give him to me 12 years ago.

I hate carpet--I had a fecal incontinent dog--after cleaning up 4 times in one day, that evening the carpet came out. I couldn't afford (timewise) the hardwood, so I sanded the subfloor, painted it, and put several coats of finish on. It worked until the hardwood was ready. I do not like carpet nor do I like area rugs. But, I have pets so I like floors that one can clean and walk on in white socks!

I'm afraid to tear carpeting out of my house because once I start the DIY hardwood flooring project it may take a year or more to finish it.
Can't you tear it out one room at a time? That's what I did, sort of. I say sort of because the living room, dining room and hall are all one big room. I did it in sections. I was afraid that I was going to have to sand the floors and put polyurethane, but they were in okay condition.

We went and bought laminate floors to replace all the carpet in our house today! Finally! I like laminate just as much as hard wood, so that will do while we try to get rich enough for real hard wood floors.

We put in hardwood on the main floor for the living room and dining area. We like it so much better. Upstairs, the bedrooms and hallway are wall to wall.

My neighbor chose to do laminate, didn't like it and replaced it with different laminate then moved away.

Attachments

• DSC03057.jpg
    DSC03057.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 147
  • DSC03098.jpg
    DSC03098.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 135
Aaah, wonderful, shiny, easy to clean floors, Andy! :)

I'm really only used to laminate. Everyone I know (in Norway) has laminate.
But the absolute ultimate floor is definantly hard wood!

Aaah, wonderful, shiny, easy to clean floors, Andy! :)

I'm really only used to laminate. Everyone I know (in Norway) has laminate.
But the absolute ultimate floor is definitely hard wood!

It's definitely more of a hassle than laminate or pre-finished hardwood flooring. I had to rent a pod for all our furniture and evacuate the entire first floor while they installed, sanded, sealed, sanded, applied urethane, sanded, applied urethane, sanded and applied urethane. We had to stay in a motel for two nights while the urethane dried.

With pre-finished hardwood or laminate, it's much easier and faster.

Thanks. These are brand new. I'm sure your's looked this good when they were brand new too.

I'm sure mine looked better when it was new. But, it was the crappy parquetry that the city was pushing in the '70s. I'm thinking I want to sand and stain the floors. I don't usually like stain, but it would make it more uniform.

But, it's still much better than the baby poop coloured carpet I tore out.

Attachments

• IMG_3150.jpg
    IMG_3150.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 151
Ok, I had to take a picture of the floor we got.
One room upstairs is done with new moldings and all. I think the dark chocolate colored floor goes really well with the white contrasts.
Matte laminate.

My husband did it. His first time doing anything with a house. But I think he did great! :)
img_1157950_0_0af3cbe3e9ee64bd72f502e068ce39ce.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom